What's new

Jayalalithaa vows to send (Indian)Army to carve out Tamil Eelam in Lanka

Contrarian

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Jayalalithaa vows to send Army to carve out Tamil Eelam in Lanka

NAMAKKAL (TN): Stepping up her pro-Eelam rhetoric, AIADMK general secretary J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday said if the people elected a government at the Centre that heeded her, she would ensure that the army was sent to Sri Lanka to create a separate ‘Tamil Eelam’ by force.

Answering critics, especially Congress spokesman Kapil Sibal, who had termed her call for carving out a separate homeland for Tamils in Sri Lanka as ‘ant-national and irresponsible’, Jayalalithaa told an election meeting in this western Tamil Nadu town that she would follow the same norms and provisions of international law that Indira Gandhi had used to win freedom for Bangladesh and Rajiv Gandhi had invoked to send troops to Sri Lanka.

‘‘If a government that listens to me is formed at the Centre, I will take action for the despatch of the Indian army to the island nation and create a separate Tamil Eelam,’’ the AIADMK leader said. ‘‘Will the Congress spokesman say Indira Gandhi was unaware of international law when she sent troops to Bangladesh? Or will he say Rajiv did not understand international law?’’

It was advocating the bifurcation of India that could be termed anti-national, and not the partition of another country. “The real act of treason was done by the Congress government at the Centre and the DMK regime in the state in 1974 when Kachchativu, an islet that was part of India, was ceded to Sri Lanka, ignoring a constitutional bar on ceding of territory and a Supreme Court verdict,’’ Jayalalithaa said.

She also ridiculed DMK president and chief minister M Karunanidhi’s fast for a ceasefire in Sri Lanka, dubbing it a drama. ‘‘He called off the fast after a few hours claiming that the neighbouring country had declared a ceasefire.

However, even before he reached home, Sri Lanka had clarified that there was no ceasefire. Attacks using heavy weapons including multi-barrel rocket launchers are continuing,’’ she said.

Will have Army create Tamil Eelam: Jaya - India - The Times of India

I don't know what you guys think but this is the only way a Tamil Elam can be created now, the native population have been put into concentration camps.

Or Sri Lanka keeps pushing with it's brutalities and some international force chooses to intervene, which is of course a very distant possibility.

What BS, firstly no Indian leader has the right to interfere in the sovereignty of other nations. Secondly, even if a "government that listens to me is formed at the Centre" it would have no authority to go to Sri Lanka as per international law. I really hope the people of Tamil Nadu can see through this insipid election rhetoric.

What a stupid and irresponsible comments by her. She has not right interfier in external country's matter. She can create a diplomatic pressure but using force, it absolute election rhetoric. If Sri Lanka government is responsible for not doing enough to protect innocent Tamils, so is LTTE for using them as shield. I hope the capture Prabhakaran and hang him.

They are heavily shelling designated civilian zones

UN satellite pictures obtained by the BBC appear to show shelling damage in a government-designated safe zone for civilians in north-eastern Sri Lanka.

0e1012eec205e6dd91b7fc37551959d2.gif

No one is denying that situation about the civilians. However to say that we'll send the army to carve another nation is downright anti-national. The same logic can be applied by our adversaries to interfere in our sovereignty.

If any foreign troops have to be sent to Sri Lanka it has to be under the UN flag.

The right thing to do would be for Jayalalitha to convince the center to take the issue to UN - not to promise the electorate things she can't deliver. Stupid tactic, wins her votes, loses India its reputation.

Jayalalitha ? Who is she ??

You do not know Jayalalitha.
Imagine a club (of bowling ally) now expand it horizontaly: vertically in 2:1 ratio and wrap a sari around it and you can have jayalalitha for your self

THIS IS PROBABLY WAX STATUE, LOOK HER HANDS BUT STILL PRETTY CLSOE.

Last edited:
I think voters of TN are the smartest ones. They know that they have no choice other than opting for DMK or AIDMK so the found the solution to this menace. They vote to one party one time and as soon as the party comes to power the first thing the party does is to send the oppotion leader to jail. Next time the same, only that the one in jail is now in power and the leader of former ruling party goes to jail.
So politicians decided that they would float a third party (say PMK) so that the new party becomes concubine of any body who comes to power in the state and thus get its piece in the pie. But voters were still smarter they gave a mendate such that the ruiling party of the state had to gain support of main party in center politics (both DMK and AIDMK has/had bedded with both congress and BJP). Ultimate result no body looses and hence everybody looses

IGNORE HER she is a former film actor turned politician ...she is no good its all a political stunt.....sending indian troops to lanka to fight alongside LTTE :rofl:

Ignore her are you kidding just stand in front of a mirror and look at your self and the imagine JL and then tell me CAN YOU IGNORE HER

you ignorent fellow.............

Back
Top Bottom