What's new

Jehangir Tareen among 14 ex-ministers to join PTI

Welcome! Welcome!
But Declares your Assets fully (For Media/Public Consumption;)
And renounce past activities....!!

You are cordially welcome in the best intrests of Pakistan!!!

Rafeal, Santro, Leader....Congratulations to you as well!!

Arey...Kuch tu Bolooooo...!!!

So I see somebody is getting really desperate here!

1 - They are not joining PTI for the time being, they are making an alliance for the upcoming elections. I hope you understand the difference.

2 - The names mentioned above have no corruption charges against them as far as I know. If I'm missing something, please enlighten me with evidence.

3 - Every time I counter your arguments, you disappear for a while and then come up with something else totally ignoring the previous debate. Therefore I do not want to waste my time with you. Period!

The choice then returns to the usual equation in Pakistan
"Andhon mein Kana raja".

In regione caecorum rex est luscus
Musharraf, for all his faults, gave as a vibrant and largely independent media.

He also, unwittingly, set in motion civil society protests in favor of an independent judiciary, that culminated in the bipartisan judicial nomination panel inn parliament.

If IK can deliver on independent and effective accountability and law enforcement institutions, and perhaps empower local governments in some of the provinces, then he will have done his bit in moving Pakistan forward yet one more key step.

I don't think we should expect Imran to change Pakistan into a land of milk and honey, but if he can deliver on one or two key institutional reforms, that will be a huge step forward.

He is an ordinary politician (of course with a big mouth); with an ordinary political mind who quite often mischieveous his own votebank...just to apprise his stature without any remorse whatsoever!!
That will only be determined once IK has had a chance to govern the country.

On the other hand, we know for a FACT that the Sharif's, Zardaris (PPP and PML_N) are completely ordinary minds and corrupt and inefficient politicians, who have done nothing for the country despite several turns in power and several years to enact changes.

So I see somebody is getting really desperate here!

1 - They are not joining PTI for the time being, they are making an alliance for the upcoming elections. I hope you understand the difference.

2 - The names mentioned above have no corruption charges against them as far as I know. If I'm missing something, please enlighten me with evidence.

3 - Every time I counter your arguments, you disappear for a while and then come up with something else totally ignoring the previous debate. Therefore I do not want to waste my time with you. Period!

In fact I would be more than happy to have Jahangir Tarin and alike. he is the founder of cooperate agriculture in Pak which itself is a revolution in the field of agriculture, just imagine if we can turn this agricultural philosophy on country wide level. moreover, he is suffering from the wrath of PPP and PMLN in sindh and punjab respectively with his business.

he has no corruption record, and that is why the group is called "Clean group". if they join PTI, more than welcome, if not still its a good option before elections, not right now.

the other day another Multani guy tried to potray a good politician as corrupt, just assuming someone corrupt and trying to malign PTI, is cheapest shots of Nawaz sympathizers.

Yes I do have reservations on them having links with establishment, I think you can not completely ignore the fact that they might play their own "little game" when with/in PTI. but I trust IK and IK should know that he has all the bargaining chips, so play bluntly.

and for the OP, just one sentence : "choor machay shor !"

i don't know but this guy tameem has some serious hatred issue against IK.

On topic. I don't know about others but Ghulam Sarwar has a clean record, there is not a single corruption charge against him, may be tameem sahib might not feel comfortable because Ghulam Sarwar has won against Ch. Nisar in past. and the way Ch. nisar is running RWP Ghulam Sarwar has a bright chance of repeating the history.

PML-Q dissidents lining up to join Imran’s party

Amir Wasim

ISLAMABAD: A group of about two dozen former ministers and dissidents belonging to the country’s major political parties, mostly from the Pakistan Muslim League-Q, are negotiating terms with cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan for formally joining his Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf (PTI) or to have an electoral alliance with it, Dawn has learnt.

“Yes, we have been in touch with Imran Khan and the people in his party for almost six months and discussing the plan and the nature of cooperation with them to work together to achieve common objectives,” said Ishaq Khan Khakwani, a former minister in the military-led regime of Gen Pervez Musharraf.

Talking to Dawn here on Sunday, Mr Khakwani claimed that his group, led by former minister Jahangir Khan Tareen, had made headway in the talks with the PTI, but made it clear that the group was not going to join the PTI and negotiations were being held only on the nature of cooperation between them.

Mr Khakwani said the group came into existence when the PML-Q chief Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain decided to join hands with the PPP.

“We dissociated ourselves from the Chaudhrys after their decision to join the PPP and decided to go on our own to provide a new platform to the people of Pakistan to give them a hope,” he said.

Another member of the group, Ghulam Sarwar Khan, who had served as federal minister in the regimes of both Gen Pervez Musharraf and Benazir Bhutto, not only confirmed that talks were in progress with the PTI, but also claimed that a number of sitting MNAs and MPAs belonging to the ruling Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) and the ‘N’ and ‘Q’ factions of the PML were also in touch with them.

He said the group that had been formed by them some six months back was in the process of expansion and consultations were on about the mechanism.

Awais Leghari, another ex-minister in the military-led government of former prime minister Shaukat Aziz, however, remained reluctant in confirming his group’s contact with Mr Khan, but said the group in no way could join hands with the country’s three major parties—the PPP, PML-N and PML-Q.

“I am ruling out completely the possibility of joining hands with political mafias of the country on the basis of principles,” said Mr Leghari.

Mr Leghari said the members of the group comprising PML-Q dissidents and some other patriotic elements were concerned over the state of economy and had been holding a ‘serious discussion’ to formulate a strategy not to form the government, but to bring the country out of chaos.

In response to a question regarding the possibility of joining or forming an alliance with the PTI, he said such talks were “premature and too early.”

Former minister and now a PML-F legislator Jahangir Tareen had announced in July to form a new political party of ‘clean politicians’ to provide an alternative to the PPP and the PML-N in the next elections. He had even announced at that time that the new party could forge an alliance with the PTI due to similarities in the objectives.

Mr Tareen is nowadays in London.

A private TV channel quoted him as saying that he had already informed Mr Khan about the names of his group members who intended to join the PTI.

PTI’s additional secretary general Saifullah Khan Niazi confirmed that his party was in contact with the group, led by Mr Tareen, but said the party had so far not taken any decision in this regard.

Political experts believe that if the group joins hands with Mr Khan then it will be most major achievement of the PTI, since its establishment some 14 years ago. Former foreign minister and PPP dissident Shah Mehmood Qureshi, according to some sources close to him, is also inclined towards the PTI, but he has so far made no decision and waiting for an appropriate time.

PML-Q dissidents lining up to join Imran

Assalam alaikum

alliance is not good, they must come under the umbrella of pti , they might ride on the change wave and when elected will go to the old style politics. IK is hones but not stupid and i hope he should be firmed on his principles, COMPROMISING IS NOT AN OPTION SIMPLE.

isn't ishak khakwani is the one who during nawaz rule complaint about his fellow parlimentarians about having drink parties and objected that even when going to fajr prayer they would party.

TARIQ

Assalam alaikum

alliance is not good, they must come under the umbrella of pti , they might ride on the change wave and when elected will go to the old style politics. IK is hones but not stupid and i hope he should be firmed on his principles, COMPROMISING IS NOT AN OPTION SIMPLE.

isn't ishak khakwani is the one who during nawaz rule complaint about his fellow parlimentarians about having drink parties and objected that even when going to fajr prayer they would party.

TARIQ
Well, if the article I posted is correct, these politicians decided to 'become dissidents' when the PML_Q decided to join the PPP, so in that sense they would appear to have taken a 'principled' position in not shifting allegiances to the PPP when it could have benefited them.

lasst hope for pakistan has gone down in drain with these new corrupt people joining PTI... PTI is no different than PPP, PML now !!! same old bullshit...

That will only be determined once IK has had a chance to govern the country.

On the other hand, we know for a FACT that the Sharif's, Zardaris (PPP and PML_N) are completely ordinary minds and corrupt and inefficient politicians, who have done nothing for the country despite several turns in power and several years to enact changes.

Sir, I think Imran Khan is your 'Frist Love' in Pakistani Politics!!

Well, if the article I posted is correct, these politicians decided to 'become dissidents' when the PML_Q decided to join the PPP, so in that sense they would appear to have taken a 'principled' position in not shifting allegiances to the PPP when it could have benefited them.

principled position or a precautionary measure so that their anti-PPP vote bank is not disturbed :azn:

First of all, there's a sticky thread exist for IK's political desk, every single thing related to IK and his political agenda should be posted there.

Second of all, these 14 ex-minsiters has only shown an 'intention only' of joining PTI, and as usual, the PTI bashers are on a rampage again as if the sky got break lose - we've yet to hear anything from PTI on this, so what's all the fuss about? Or it is a typical paranoia in regards to PTI?

There were complaints from IK that he hasn't got a team - a team to win him election. Now since the team is building up, they're - the anti-PTI mafia are coming up with absurd excuses of them being the same corrupt lot - as usual without any proofs whatsoever, and without PTI's secretariat official confirmation as well.

BTW, that Shareef has got into social media networking now - copying PTI of course.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...hahbaz-sharif-debuts-social-media-career.html

lasst hope for pakistan has gone down in drain with these new corrupt people joining PTI... PTI is no different than PPP, PML now !!! same old bullshit...

They haven't join yet. In your love for status quo you gave the conclusion prematurely.

Omar Cheema said so yesterday that these are all rumours, spread by status quo forces. we are not forming alliance nor any group is merging in PTI.

so here you go...

فنکشنل لیگ کے ایم این اے جہانگیر ترین، ق لیگ کے ایم این اے اویس لغاری ، ان کے بھائی سینیٹر جمال لغاری، سابق وزیر مملکت اسحاق خان خاکوانی اور قصور سے سابق ایم این اے محمد طفیل سمیت ایک گروپ نے علیحدہ پارٹی تشکیل دے کر الیکشن کمیشن میں رجسٹرڈ کرانے کا فیصلہ کیا ہے- نئی پارٹی کے لئے پاکستان جسٹس ایند ڈویلپمنٹ پارٹی، پاکستان نیشنل مومومنٹ سمیت مختلف نام زیر غور ہیں ، نئی پارٹی کے اعلان سے پہلے اِن رہنماوں کی تحریک انصاف سے الحاق کے لئے عمران خان سے بات چیت جاری ہے اور سابق وزیر خارجہ شاہ محمود قریشی سے بھی اس گروپ کے ارکان نے ملاقاتیں کی ہیں

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom