What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

So guys.. What changes didn't get included in Block 3?

Looks like this prototype isn't carrying AESA radar and no visible IRST. KLJ7A Aesa most likely will be used after aerodynamic tests. Air refueling probe was detachable so that's not a problem. Engine is RD93MA? I heard in the production run they will use WS13?

Congratulations JF-17 Block3 First flight successful!

:pakistan::china::cheers:

KLJ-7A and HUD(same as J20)

NO.3000

cd7e-imkzenp2091299.jpg
5dea-imkzenp2091311.jpg

And why do we once again need a new thread??

By the way ... no AESA yet, just the maiden flight without radra.

It's 50-50 chance for both. AESA radars PL-15 and Meteor has leveled the playing field for both.

I heard this criticism from you before in another thread. Care to expand, why quality of B version is low ?
I guess, the quality concern is due to a simple fact due to me assumption, that, B never even intended when planning Thunder project at tables during Super 7 saga.

The B we see is a “jugarh”, they tried their best to produce a dual seater but had to compensate for some elements.

I don’t know if i am right or wrong but this was my feeling since i first saw the B version. Squeezed here & there, adjustments to fit in the 2nd pilot. The wing seems so dwarfish of a B.

agreed sirf Avionics update huway haib aur yehi baat mujhe koi 1 saal prhlay se pata thi in fact kafi saroon ko par batanay walay string laga detay hain agay baat na karain phir yehi hota hay well Pakistani Airforce think tabks thira disapointed hain.. Sohail Aman kay waqt may PAF TT was interested kay agar koi mature prototype J31 ka aye aur phir ham usmay with Chinese invest karain resources but that project is still in dev... jiskay delay ki waja se Pakistan ziada investment nahi karna chah raha until kuch positive aye... J31 ka jo ub prototype ayega probably in Feb/Mar 2020, Aap phir Pakistan ki phurtyaan dekhna lol

extreme poor quality of work
No doubt, Sir Sohail Aman was a legendary ACM, a perfect visionary person. He and Ex-Chairman PAC Arshad Malik are both the type of gentleman our defense industry needs.

I never liked the current leadership as much as the ex leadership. Current ACM seems to have just operational priorities while as we remember, Sir Sohail Aman often used to mention our developments and advancements more than ACM Mujahid.

I never liked the current leadership as much as the ex leadership. Current ACM seems to have just operational priorities while as we remember, Sir Sohail Aman often used to mention our developments and advancements more than ACM Mujahid.
In my opinion both have different styles and personalities. Both are competent. One had the knack to be more appealing to the galleries whereas the other is more or less a silent operator. Feb'27 happened under ACM Mujahid's watch. Stiffest test the PAF had after 1971. Came out in flying colors.

Or if JF-17B is the double seater version of JF-17 Block III Lol
Which would make sense as the aforementioned possible interest in single seat version of JF17 Block III would call for a JF17B of Block III standard to train on i guess.
P.S. But if there any such signs in a tleast the existing ones or the batch produced now, someone surely would have picked it up for the changes, thus future JF17B would make sense to be of Block 3 standard, which may in turn require testing, evaluations and prototype testing. Thus a Block III JF17B is possibly on books though not existing yet.
Any correction is appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
agreed sirf Avionics update huway haib aur yehi baat mujhe koi 1 saal prhlay se pata thi in fact kafi saroon ko par batanay walay string laga detay hain agay baat na karain phir yehi hota hay well Pakistani Airforce think tabks thira disapointed hain.. Sohail Aman kay waqt may PAF TT was interested kay agar koi mature prototype J31 ka aye aur phir ham usmay with Chinese invest karain resources but that project is still in dev... jiskay delay ki waja se Pakistan ziada investment nahi karna chah raha until kuch positive aye... J31 ka jo ub prototype ayega probably in Feb/Mar 2020, Aap phir Pakistan ki phurtyaan dekhna lol

extreme poor quality of work

In ENGLISH please as per rules of the forum.

Don't know if anyone picked up on this, but AT LEAST one extra hard point under the right air intake confirmed...:enjoy:
View attachment 596437

IMO again no, it is only a not very much correct representation of the standard fuselage pylon.

Totally agree I Beleive PAF will go for more F16s like they resume military training hastily like when US feels the heat sometimes
At this stage, the urgency for f-16s in my honest opinion has been diminished; there are approx 2 years before block 3 makes it into full operational use; this is probably first prototype and they will need to get the issues all worked by the 4th prototype. At this stage it is the buyer's market not the seller's; jf-17 is the stick.

Its time to develop tactics against the RAFALE just like we did to develop tactics against MKI on various joint PAK-China exercises
Exercises with the Qatari Rafales (along with their F-15s and Eurofighters) could be one way to get that done. The other friendly operator are the Egyptians, so the PAF has those two options.

At current price no.
That should have been cleared when USA offered f16s at good price (~700m) and we walked away.
PAF would rather get 3 squardons of block 3 than just 6-8 f16s on amount of foreign exchange it spents.
Correct; as i noted in prior post to another; the priority has diminished with the newer blk 3; you are in the driver seat as a buyer as you have a better alternative in many respects.

Watch the detailed video about the past, present and future of JF-17 fighter in PAF and know how JF-17 is better than F-16s in PAF.

JF17 VS F16.png
JF17 VS F16.png

PAC shall keep building newer blocks... conceptual studies on Blk4 already....

It is not just a platform... but the entire life cycle control and of course, the weapons which go with it... so JF is adding Freedom to PAF/Pak with every newer block...

We need more RnD collaboration with the key players.. to enhance our TechEcoSystem.

For now when Blk3 hits the skies in PAF Colours it shall be the most advanced fighter PAF has...

But then US has ways of seducing PAF... which we have seen in the past... we shall see....
Yes and I have said it time and time again, R&D is key. K8 has suffered a similar fate and if they dont learn, history will again repeat itself.

PAC shall keep building newer blocks... conceptual studies on Blk4 already....

It is not just a platform... but the entire life cycle control and of course, the weapons which go with it... so JF is adding Freedom to PAF/Pak with every newer block...

We need more RnD collaboration with the key players.. to enhance our TechEcoSystem.

For now when Blk3 hits the skies in PAF Colours it shall be the most advanced fighter PAF has...

But then US has ways of seducing PAF... which we have seen in the past... we shall see....
Any past examples of seduction ?

Back
Top Bottom