What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

The cheapest and most cost effective solution for marching towards a self sufficient orce alive to challenges is to convert block 1 and 2 to aesa.

This is far more cheaper than buying a new aircraft or even opting for a new bomber platform

And also that will utilize existing platforms to full potential even when azm delivers in a decade
converting to aesa is not easy - you have redo entire integration cycle and related upgrades. in my opinion asm is a POC - lessons to be learnt and that does not mean an aircraft will be delivered but rather a concept with proofs to back it up.

converting to aesa is not easy - you have redo entire integration cycle and related upgrades. in my opinion asm is a POC - lessons to be learnt and that does not mean an aircraft will be delivered but rather a concept with proofs to back it up.

Its next logical step with block 3 induction till azm materializes Chinese air-cooled aesa seems to be tailor made for block 1 and 2

U don't have to convert whole 120 aircraft But even half is enough

If a formation of four (4) Jf17s, two with AESA Radar and two with non AESA Radar are flying towards India, will they be able yo tell which blocks are flying towards them and how many have AESA radars?

I do not think so.

If a formation of four (4) Jf17s, two with AESA Radar and two with non AESA Radar are flying towards India, will they be able yo tell which blocks are flying towards them and how many have AESA radars?

I do not think so.
Lol..
In operation swift retort india couldn't differentiate between JF-17 and F-16 .
How can they differentiate between aircraft radars. They can't

I do not think so.

Hi,

In the formation---none may have the radar turned on and only contact would be thru the Link with their awac and themselves---. So---as no electronic signal is being emitted to distinguish each aircraft---no the enemy won't know what BLK they are facing.

In a similar manner we also
Lol..

Hi,

It does not look like all the radars were on on the F16's and JF17's---.

Only one radar maybe on and the rest connected thru the Link---.

Hi in my opinion the best way to tackle with IAF is to add another 50 blk3 so all in all 100 will be enough at this point with all of them should be able to carry 4 each if PL15 is already incorporated or about to be so first blk 100 can fire easily 4 each and can restrain IAF to overpower the PAF rest of the jf17 & f16 can be more effective
In this way PAF can restrain cost to some extent until further time & availability of funds to,upgrade the rest of the fleet
Just a thought
Thank you

Lol..

Exactly my point.

We can always do modifications to block 1 and 2 when they are due for over haul. In the meantime, we should multiply the number of efforts to produce jf17 block 3 as much as reasonably possible.

India will soon impose war on Pakistan to deflect attention from kashmir, caa and ncr F Up not to mention falling economy in decades. We need more jf17s kills registered against tbeir Su30 mki with an rcs of Taj Mahal

Hi,

In the formation---none may have the radar turned on and only contact would be thru the Link with their awac and themselves---. So---as no electronic signal is being emitted to distinguish each aircraft---no the enemy won't know what BLK they are facing.

Exactly my point. While we may not need to send all jf17s with aesa radars, indians will have to assume that all are block 3s with aesa radars coming to hunt down su30 mkis

How about "we already have few block 2 JFTs fitted with LKF601E"

View attachment 605430

little more insight on LKF601E
(https://thaimilitaryandasianregion.blogspot.com/2018/11/new-lkf601e-fcs-aesa-radar-from-china.html)

"The radar uses a 3GHz bandwidth at the X-band, provides detection of fighter-sized targets at 170 km, tracks up to 15 targets simultaneously and engages four with air/air missiles. The radar also supports air/ground modes, with one-meter SAR resolution and terrain mapping at 300 km. Searching targets at sea, the radar can detect large targets from 200 km. The planar AESA array measures 60×60 cm and weighs 69 kg. The processor and power module weigh another less than 35 kg. The array consumes 3,200 VA of power."

View attachment 605433
LKF601E is from AVIC directly, while KLJ-7A from CETC.
So, LKF601E can be tested on JF-17 conveniently as CAC is also belonged to AVIC, and KLJ-7A tested on Y-7.

aa725855gy1g8xh0j00auj20cl08ewi2.jpg
49eca83dgy1fnkhgc9492j21kw0va7b5.jpg

Exactly my point. While we may not need to send all jf17s with aesa radars, indians will have to assume that all are block 3s with aesa radars coming to hunt down su30 mkis
Welcome back long time no see????

The PAF should call it a day and ask for ToT for the SD-10/PL-12, including the dual-motor rocket technology. It's not as fancy as the PL-15E, but with China's help, we can develop the SD-10/PL-12-series into a longer-ranged air-to-air missile, and with time, perhaps a medium-range SAM (quad-packable, VLS?).

Excellent proposal. PL-12/PL-15 local production SAM and AA variants will be bound to enter in large numbers so makes sense, wont be surprised if something of this sort is in progress behind the scenes. This will also make up for the fact that AA missiles have limited flight hours before needing overhauls or ending life.

Also read on a Chinese forum last year that current production version of SD-10 is SD-10B and the upgrades could be ported to existing stock. So it is possible PAF might have received the updates too. However havn't found any source or mention of SD-10Bs again so it needs confirming.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom