What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

@The Raven it should be the last reminder openly to inform you that laughing to serious posts without having any counter argument, is not just annoying but falls under Provocation tab. Forum wouldn't allow anyone to degrade the discussion.

@Akh1112 we are not here to shove correctness down the throats of others, neither disrespectful remarks are allowed nor personal advertisement and flame baiting. Have your say and leave it.

@Dazzler no need to engage in a trolling contest. You have your opinion and observations; let's move on as we are not here to convince people to agree with us by any means.

Lastly, those who wants credentials to believe, shall stay away from knowledge based quality discussion. Credentials worshipping debate has no independence of ideas or knowledge.

Let's continue discussion with facts, knowledge and evidences or sources to support. Anyone here having disagreements or objection to Mod note as this, feel free to reach GHQ with complete details of grievance. No more personal attacks, Derailment and targeted Provocation or harassment.

Regrads,

I've found Block-II image which is almost an exact match to released Block-III photo. Here is a comparison GIF in which two images are overlapped.

Opaque photo comparison.
View attachment 773188

Here is the comparison with 70% transparent overlap.
View attachment 773193

JF-17 Block-II
View attachment 773180

JF-17 Block-III
View attachment 773187

The aircraft looks quite different to me. Could be the color, could be the angle, could be that I want to see these changes - but the wings seem longer, the mid section looks slimmer, the nose looks different. I'm definitely no expert though, so read through comments from those of you who are to get an answer.

But the last few pages of discussion here just reminded me of that dress that went viral a couple years back - where different people just saw different colors :lol: :lol:

The_Dress_%28viral_phenomenon%29.png

Reflects a petty mind.
I wont be surpised if some members claim that PAC engnrs on camera are lying..
We have seen PAC engnrs on camera saying that green tiles are are fuel areas..now you can twist it and say it may not always be true but to completely laugh it away..you have to be no less then working in PAC

Since I am blocked from responding on the JF-17 Block 3 main thread and JF-17, I decided to open up my own thread.

And the very first thing I'd like to discuss is that those new pics of JF-17 being shared on the main thread show absolutely no new changes at all. Yes, due to camera position maybe there are small changes we cannot perceive, but there seems to be active disinformation going on. It's just a bit laughable that somebody would try to arrange such a campaign given the increased knowledge and awareness we have these days.

Finally, that front view of JF-17 with wide-angle, holographic HUD, it is not taken on the same day as the first Block 3 pics we saw. The first pics have an overcast sky whereas this frontal pic has a bright sky. There are three externally visible features of Block 3 we know of:

1. Holographic HUD
2. Inlet on base of tail.
3. Slightly pulled back inlets.

Numbers 2 and 3 cannot be determined on this frontal pic. So let me throw another idea: what if this pic is an overhauled earlier block? It's just a wild guess and could be completely wrong.

I have to agree with both sides : changes/ no changes.
In order to get our enemies confused 😁

and yes you could be right, the pic could be not ofprevious block.

We shouldn't be surprised if we find there are only a limited number of changes in the latest Block 3. Let us collate that with the fact there are only 30 on order. These two pieces of information seem to suggest a stopgap. Towards what end? We can only speculate.

We shouldn't be surprised if we find there are only a limited number of changes in the latest Block 3. Let us collate that with the fact there are only 30 on order. These two pieces of information seem to suggest a stopgap. Towards what end? We can only speculate.

Jf17 was made to replace our older 3rd generation planes and Pakistan wanted something which cost less but with enough quality to challenge the enemy. If they make major changes and make it in to a f16, J10 or Gripen then the cost would go up. It would have been better to buy f16s don't you think? Pakistan are masters of the plane. A cost effective 4th generation jf17 is perfect to replace 250 planes, with F16s alongside. Then introduce 5th generations planes TFX and AzM/J35, Seems like a good plan for a nation with few funds.

Jf17 was made to replace our older 3rd generation planes and Pakistan wanted something which cost less but with enough quality to challenge the enemy. If they make major changes and make it in to a f16, J10 or Gripen then the cost would go up. It would have been better to buy f16s don't you think? Pakistan are masters of the plane. A cost effective 4th generation jf17 is perfect to replace 250 planes, with F16s alongside. Then introduce 5th generations planes TFX and AzM/J35, Seems like a good plan for a nation with few funds.

The US is not going to sell you top of the line AESA technology. Forget about it. Which means, it no longer makes sense to upgrade existing aircraft or buy new ones. My suggestion is to invest in a larger JF-17 NG that comes in two variants: delta wings and regular. Make this a platform for testing new avionics for Azm. Introduce limited LO features so our pilots can get first hand experience and provide feedback. That is how you advance your own industry.

The US is not going to sell you top of the line AESA technology. Forget about it. Which means, it no longer makes sense to upgrade existing aircraft or buy new ones. My suggestion is to invest in a larger JF-17 NG that comes in two variants: delta wings and regular. Make this a platform for testing new avionics for Azm. Introduce limited LO features so our pilots can get first hand experience and provide feedback. That is how you advance your own industry.

I am talking about when Pakistan refused to buy more f16s because USA wanted all of the money instead of taking some money from the coalition fund. Yes at the moment no chance for Aesa radar so no point buying f16s. I doubt Pakistan would fund a jf17NG, they wanted a cheap quality fighter jet and they have got that. They will make 200 to 250 planes and then introduce J31/AZM and Tfx.

I am talking about when Pakistan refused to buy more f16s because USA wanted all of the money instead of taking some money from the coalition fund. Yes at the moment no chance for Aesa radar so no point buying f16s. I doubt Pakistan would fund a jf17NG, they wanted a cheap quality fighter jet and they have got that. They will make 200 to 250 planes and then introduce J31/AZM and Tfx.

So, you think one fine day the engineers in PAC will produce a 5th gen, LO, super-cruising plane armed with an LPI AESA radar and F-35 like VR helmet? Good luck with that. PAC has never developed a plane by itself. You always start small and NG is the right amount of complexity for them to tackle. This is the correct path towards Azm. I would go as far as saying this IS Azm. The rest are just fantasies and mental slavery of fanboys who simply cannot see how this can get done.

I've found Block-II image which is almost an exact match to released Block-III photo. Here is a comparison GIF in which two images are overlapped.

Opaque photo comparison.
View attachment 773188

Here is the comparison with 70% transparent overlap.
View attachment 773193

JF-17 Block-II
View attachment 773180

JF-17 Block-III
View attachment 773187

Wonderfully analyzed, there is only one thing that I might add is that the ground on which Block 3 is present in not at a level, look the lines present on the tarmac and lack of shadow on the ground, so that means that plane is at angle up-ward, where front part of plane is bit higher than the rear, just look at the difference between horizontal stabilizers and front wing (its greater on Block 3 than Block 2, as that one is on level ground).

So the Block 3 is photographed while it was present on rising ground (after the dip in the tarmac) which explains the lack of shadow on the surface below, this distortion might give the impression that Block 3 is higher on the front.

The future of jf17
F0F6A15A-7933-4C04-BE04-0F3CBC1BB1FD.jpeg
87FF02F1-E444-4210-8657-8315950E77B2.jpeg
C65BFF9B-F2E5-485E-B988-D164D2AB2E20.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom