What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

But they should know, this waiting will kill a certain German enthusiast! :cray:
Lieber Herr....we all feel the same but I'm sure there's a very good reason behind this.
Off Topic : The other day, i was watching a documentary on local TV, filmed from inside the Mercedes factory, showing how an S class is made, starting from cutting metal from a roll ....this particular one was done for order by a customer.... I still can't comprehend what mankind has achieved and the technologies which exist out there.

Lieber Herr....we all feel the same but I'm sure there's a very good reason behind this.
Off Topic : The other day, i was watching a documentary on local TV, filmed from inside the Mercedes factory, showing how an S class is made, starting from cutting metal from a roll ....this particular one was done for order by a customer.... I still can't comprehend what mankind has achieved and the technologies which exist out there.

Thanks a lot and I'm well aware that any enthusiast's wishes especially from a strange German are completely irrelevant ,,, but I am how I am! Call me Mr. Impatience. :azn:

But I still don't understand, why no images of this event were published!
948FFE81-9877-43A7-B5B5-896F6A3554D9.jpeg

If the JF-17 gets an Air Cooled KLJ-7A Radar (which hopefully they don’t), can components be added later on to upgraded it to a liquid cooled version to maximize its capabilities should the plane get a more powerful engine in a future upgrade?

BTW is the KLJ-7A GaA or GaN? GaN doesn’t require as much power as GaA.

@Deino

Last edited:
If the JF-17 gets an Air Cooled KLJ-7A Radar (which hopefully they don’t), can components be added later on to upgraded it to a liquid cooled version to maximize its capabilities should the plane get a more powerful engine in a future upgrade?

BTW is the KLJ-7A GaA or GaN? GaN doesn’t require as much power as GaA.

@Deino

Not that easy to convert air-cooled to liquid cooling like that. One has to go with replacing.

Not that easy to convert air-cooled to liquid cooling like that. One has to go with replacing.
I think it is not that difficult. However, the vice versa is not possible. I mean even heavy bikes have liquid cooled radiators, unlike Honda 70 and 125 (a threshold issue). If one thing is designed for liquid cooled system, then converting it to air cooled is a serious cahllange.

Today's Heat exchangers are very light weight so not much added weight. Lastly, where is IRST in B3? In the pod or near nose?

I think it is not that difficult. However, the vice versa is not possible. I mean even heavy bikes have liquid cooled radiators, unlike Honda 70 and 125 (a threshold issue). If one thing is designed for liquid cooled system, then converting it to air cooled is a serious cahllange.

That's why I said that it will need total replacement and not even talking about recycling of complex engineering for installation.

Lastly, where is IRST in B3? In the pod or near nose?

POD, it's said officially, with advantages such as multi-mission operability.

Back
Top Bottom