What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

There was a report I read of P-3Cs used in Afghanistan to jam electronics on the ground even garage door remotes, something like that. I cant find it, would want to read it again, but a detection system for IEDs or roadside bombs from the air would be useful, whether on fixed or rotary platform.
The Turkish inductees are great for that.

Even the Burraq can be made to do that with basic ELINT and Microwave/VHF jamming.

Budget not withstanding, the PA In conjunction with PAF can create a FC and PA joint command that basically keeps 2-3 UAVs airborne in racetrack over the Afpak border for a campaign and uses that to start sanitizing ops. Basically, “Pop goes the weasel” doctrine

The Turkish inductees are great for that.

Even the Burraq can be made to do that with basic ELINT and Microwave/VHF jamming.

Budget not withstanding, the PA In conjunction with PAF can create a FC and PA joint command that basically keeps 2-3 UAVs airborne in racetrack over the Afpak border for a campaign and uses that to start sanitizing ops. Basically, “Pop goes the weasel” doctrine
For a conclusive Ops, a drone in the air with tech goodies is just one part of it. The ground forces need ground penetration radar with infantry, hand held mine clearing and other detection devices with sappers, jammers and EW devices with Signalmen - it becomes a complete package. Then ears and eyes on the ground through local police and "dozen" other militias like Levies, khasadar and what not.

This below movement goes undetected in Baluchistan
1688161572778.png

This is urban terrain in most of Baluchistan. dirt roads, mud houses, visibility clear from up 2km to 10 km.
1688161707965.png

This FC convoy are sitting ducks
1688161648285.png

Destroy the road from two ends, the whole convoy can be trapped.
1688161765366.png

This convoy below can be easily sniped from peaks, can be taken out by IEDs, can be targeted by MGs/RPGs and with all rounds fired then escape easily in hills and tunnels. Create a momentary land slide.
1688161896737.png

Again below, come down from peaks at around 2 am, fire at this post from 200m range from assualt rifles, RPGs and then flee back after expnding rounds around 2:45 am. Destroy solar panel to cut off power take out TX antennas.
1688161991654.png

QRF definitely needs to be helis. No ground forces can reach in time on such roads. Detection from air is required at all times. Now the new order to Police is to remove all pickets and check points in Baluchistan, I don't know how is that helpful.

So a Falcon 20 in air
1688162685867.png

A variety of these on a drone in service by PA/PAF.
1688162871045.png

and if needed, then JFT
1688162921422.png

Last edited:
For a conclusive Ops, a drone in the air with tech goodies is just one part of it. The ground forces need ground penetration radar with infantry, hand held mine clearing and other detection devices with sappers, jammers and EW devices with Signalmen - it becomes a complete package. Then ears and eyes on the ground through local police and "dozen" other militias like Levies, khasadar and what not.

View attachment 935895

This is urban terrain in most of Baluchistan. dirt roads, mud houses, visibility clear from up 2km to 10 km.
View attachment 935898

View attachment 935897

View attachment 935899

This convoy below can be easily sniped from peaks, can be taken out by IEDs, can be targeted by MGs/RPGs and with all rounds fired then escape easily in hills and tunnels. Create a momentary land slide.
View attachment 935900

Again below, come down from peaks at around 2 am, fire at this post from 200m range from assualt rifles, RPGs and then flee back after expnding rounds around 2:45 am. Destroy solar panel to cut off power take out TX antennas.
View attachment 935901

QRF definitely needs to be helis. No ground forces can reach in time on such roads. Detection from air is required at all times. Now the new order to Police is to remove all pickets and check points in Baluchistan, I don't know how is that helpful.

So a Falcon 20 in air
View attachment 935903

View attachment 935905

and if needed, then JFT
View attachment 935906
I would probably extend that to drones only.
The insurgent costs $200 per month - his clothes, a shawl, water bottle and his ak.

For that you do need to be a little indiscriminate and basically hit them more frequently with cheaper assets. Keep morale as low as possible

View attachment 935895

View attachment 935898

View attachment 935897

View attachment 935899

View attachment 935900

View attachment 935901

So a Falcon 20 in air
View attachment 935903

View attachment 935905

and if needed, then JFT
View attachment 935906
An how will we pay the fuel cost of a Falcon 20 surveilling half the country 24/7?

I'd say a sattelite SOS sytem for the convoys, which when activated prompts the nearest QRF to send TB-2 etc. to the location.

Now the problem is making these TB2 bases immune to mortar and RPG attacks. CRAM is probably too expensive.

An how will we pay the fuel cost of a Falcon 20 surveilling half the country 24/7?
The same way Hercules was kept in air with surveillance equipment installed onboard years ago. I think navy has good surveillance aerial assets too.

I'd say a sattelite SOS sytem for the convoys, which when activated prompts the nearest QRF to send TB-2 etc. to the location.

Now the problem is making these TB2 bases immune to mortar and RPG attacks. CRAM is probably too expensive.
The weaponry carried by TB2 is a missile. Collateral inside Pakistan is the issue.

In Color.

1688408193822.png

Un-Matched Standoff Strike Capability, Advanced AESA Radar, Extended Range BVR and HOBS Missiles, Devastating Electronic Attack Capability, High Survivability and Modern Man Machines Interface!

JF-17C Thunder! Fully Operational and Defending the Nation from Frontline Air Bases!

Last edited:
In Color.

View attachment 936596
Un-Matched Standoff Strike Capability, Advanced AESA Radar, Extended Range BVR and HOBS Missiles, Devastating Electronic Attack Capability, High Survivability and Modern Man Machines Interface!

JF-17C Thunder! Fully Operational and Defending the Nation from Frontline Air Bases!

10 hard points plus AAR, impressive

Haven't been following.
Can someone confirm it is using Guizhou WS-13 or RD-93MA?

Back
Top Bottom