What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Perhaps fans overlook logistics. One would want all the blocks to be as similar as possible. It simplifies supply chain and maintenance.

The aircraft just needs to continue its evolution in terms of avionics and weapons. That is the single most important thing. It does not need external changes, EFTs etc. because those aren't of importance in the current scenario.

Being able to see farther and kill farther is the single most important thing for the JF-17. Looks don't kill, its avionics and weapons that do and block 3 intends to upgrade in this regard.

but fanboys want it to kill just by looks so they can troll indians on the forum, they neither would know about the true capabilities nor would ever be required to or bother about the capabilities.

Thankfully PAF is professional and knows what they are doing and they proved it in Feb by successfully intruding and hitting high value targets on the ground and then by taking down the most hyped mahaan SU30

Perhaps fans overlook logistics. One would want all the blocks to be as similar as possible. It simplifies supply chain and maintenance.

The aircraft just needs to continue its evolution in terms of avionics and weapons. That is the single most important thing. It does not need external changes, EFTs etc. because those aren't of importance in the current scenario.

Being able to see farther and kill farther is the single most important thing for the JF-17. Looks don't kill, its avionics and weapons that do and block 3 intends to upgrade in this regard.

It is dear .
If you have someone in paf / related to this project thn ask , "what happened when block 52 was pitched against jft with various system testing phase ... :) "
I am saying what i heard . Wait n you will see by urself in next couple of months .
Jft block 3 is a game changer
Ok I have someone close who flies Blk 52+. I will ask him

I met a avionics engineer of kamra of years back when I was 15 and was also a fan you wanting CFT etc, he then gave me the example of the F16, the outside of the machine ( bar just the CFT even those are optional on the block 52 and so on) has not changed one bit yet the inside has made a modern f16 = 5 f16 of the past,
The same will happen with the thunder

IMO it will not disappoint anyone with a realistic estimation and common sense. The Block 3 is just what it is, an evolution of the Block 2 with further upgrades and capabilities related to a new avionics suite, most of all an AESA radar.

This is what all reliable sources say ...

However it will surely disappoint those who are still dreaming of a revolutional design featuring a wider, bigger, larger airframe, more fuel, new engines with super much higher thrust + TVC, stealth features, CFT, IRST- and targeting pod included in the airframe and at best to be better than a J-10C, Rafale or a Block 70 F-16C. :crazy: These are wet dreams and those, who hope for this will surely cry.

That's all.
More Hardpoints? Higher Payload? Can carry RA'AD ALCM?

because it is essentially JF 17 and NOT what our aviation fanboys wish it to be
That's the next plane after this project comes to a conclusion, right?

IMO it will not disappoint anyone with a realistic estimation and common sense. The Block 3 is just what it is, an evolution of the Block 2 with further upgrades and capabilities related to a new avionics suite, most of all an AESA radar.

This is what all reliable sources say ...

However it will surely disappoint those who are still dreaming of a revolutional design featuring a wider, bigger, larger airframe, more fuel, new engines with super much higher thrust + TVC, stealth features, CFT, IRST- and targeting pod included in the airframe and at best to be better than a J-10C, Rafale or a Block 70 F-16C. :crazy: These are wet dreams and those, who hope for this will surely cry.

That's all.
No I mean like black fighter that jumps Space and shoots lasers

Hi,

Thank you for the post---.

The changeover could also mean to update and upgrade Kamra facilities as well---get the staff ready for the new project---by preparing them for what is coming---.

Hi, I wanted to expand on Mr. MK's point. Switching over to a new production process does not happen over night. You have to upgrade machines, blueprints, manufacturing processes, set up new quality control processes and most importantly, train your staff in these new procedures.

In addition, just because production units will roll out in 2020, does not mean the prototype has not been built and has been flying already. The PAF is notoriously tight lipped and they are probably hiding details. Good news will follow!

with klj7a pl-15 combo and hmd pl-10 combo it surely will disappoint the enemy
It's been beyond what PAF had expected

Since Pakistan dependent on China for advance design and testing, there might be an option for Block 4.
I believe this is the end of this, the azm project is taking over the drawing boards

is WS-13E is stable ?
is service celling increased?
is smokeless?
is for block 3?

There will definitely be jf17 block 4 or block 3A. We cannot say Pakistan will stick to block 3 for the next 30+years. This does not mean block 4 or block 3A will be a different design as it will be further upgrades.

I do really pray jf17 3 has all the upgrades we are hoping for and making it a game changer fighter jet. We have been waiting for a long time for this.

Block 1 and 2 are the same planes. Just upgrades in technology

There will definitely be jf17 block 4 or block 3A. We cannot say Pakistan will stick to block 3 for the next 30+years. This does not mean block 4 or block 3A will be a different design as it will be further upgrades.

I do really pray jf17 3 has all the upgrades we are hoping for and making it a game changer fighter jet. We have been waiting for a long time for this.

Block 1 and 2 are the same planes. Just upgrades in technology
Of course not. There are at least 3 more blocks to come

It is game changer that it brings newer capabilities which should have been in PAF 2 decades back.
Of course 52 vs jf-17blk 2/3 - you are taking a long knife to a opponent with a sword or shall i saw lance. but close up f-16 will have a slight edge in vvr
we are being too much patriotic here. F-16 with bigger engine and better radar is way ahead of what this nimble and smaller framed JF 17 with a small engine and modest radar can achieve.

it is indeed a game changer that it has bridged the gap between F7s , mirages and F-16s

guys don't you think we are expecting a lot too much from blk3 .soo mich hype has gathered around.i am afraid we might get disappointed.it wil be a step forward but you are not getting generation ahead.just like game of thrones(a silly comparison i know) but we waited for 2 years.last episode is yet to air and people 750k have already signed a petition to rewrite.da whole season

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom