What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

There is a simple solution to this problem. Give only moderators the permissions required for open threads. I think the forum software may provide an option or it should be possible with a plugin.
Sorry to say but that's a stupid idea. That's not how forums improve, that's how they die.

The only solution is to educate users. The steps required are as below,

1. Put up rules about posts , new threads etc. and put them in every forum prominently. Something separated from and on top of other sticky threads (if possible), in bold font and in different color so no one can miss it and is likely to be read by everyone. A thread called 'Rules for Posting-Read this first' maybe.

2. maybe there is way to let new users know that they have to read the rules and indicate they have done so before getting posting rights.

3. Give negative points or temporary bans from specific forum or some other kind of disciplinary action to those who violate the rules, and specify the reason, so they know what not to do in future.

4. There is no substitute for good and timely moderation.

Sorry, but which source mentioned this?
https://www.miroir-mag.fr/actu/tour-militaire-de-paris/

A French article Translated:

The JF-17 single-seat fighter jointly developed by Chengdu Aircraft Industries Corporation and the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) was flown throughout the week under the colors of Pakistan. Four aircraft in total were flown four years after their first appearance at Le Bourget. An official familiar with the program told Flight Global that a number of key decisions had to be made regarding an imminent variant (Block III), which is scheduled to take its maiden flight by the end of the year. One of the main elements of the Block III upgrade is the addition of an Active Electron Scanning Array Radar (AESA). Block III will also have a new integrated suite of electronic warfare, with Chinese and European options on the table for this requirement. In particular, Block III will see enlarged inlets to improve airflow, which could also set the stage for a new engine that can replace the Klimov RD-93 engine. The quoted official said that "another engine is in mind" but declined to discuss further details.

1434121058-8660.jpg

For the weapons under fuselage!

But then not the overall height of an aircraft is important but the ground clearance and I don't think it will be an easy thing to add a new gear!

Upps, sorry I forgot ... designing aircraft is just like adding a new app, so let us add the "new gear-App"! :p:

Lets be honest. No one really knows what is to be expected of the Block III other than the fact that as mentioned at the Paris Air Show, it will have larger Inlets which clearly is an indication for a New & Improved Engine.

But I truly hope that they go with B-variant's (Dual Seater) tail, rather than the conventional tail we've seen for over a decade.

View attachment 568278
What difference would this make to the performance or visibility of the jet? help would be appreciated.
Regards
A

But then not the overall height of an aircraft is important but the ground clearance and I don't think it will be an easy thing to add a new gear!

Upps, sorry I forgot ... designing aircraft is just like adding a new app, so let us add the "new gear-App"! :p:
You Sir are becoming very naughty. You will have to have a time out!!!!
Regards
A

You Sir are becoming very naughty. You will have to have a time out!!!!
Regards
A

Sorry sir, it was not my intention to offend anyone, it was more a joke against these constant posts on "Block 3 must be bigger, better, more, wider and taller and designing a new aircraft is sooooo easy" ... indeed, You are correct, I need a break; I need holydays.

Best,
Deino

Sorry sir, it was not my intention to offend anyone, it was more a joke against these constant posts on "Block 3 must be bigger, better, more, wider and taller and designing a new aircraft is sooooo easy" ... indeed, You are correct, I need a break; I need holydays.

Best,
Deino
My friend do give me the right to joke with you as well. It was all light hearted. I am happy that you moderate the forum and keep things in check. Keep up the good work.
Kind regards
A

Sorry to say but that's a stupid idea. That's not how forums improve, that's how they die.

The only solution is to educate users. The steps required are as below,

1. Put up rules about posts , new threads etc. and put them in every forum prominently. Something separated from and on top of other sticky threads (if possible), in bold font and in different color so no one can miss it and is likely to be read by everyone. A thread called 'Rules for Posting-Read this first' maybe.

2. maybe there is way to let new users know that they have to read the rules and indicate they have done so before getting posting rights.

3. Give negative points or temporary bans from specific forum or some other kind of disciplinary action to those who violate the rules, and specify the reason, so they know what not to do in future.

4. There is no substitute for good and timely moderation.

Learn to read. Then learn to comprehend what you read. Many forums put restrictions on who can start a thread. It doesn't mean people are not allowed to post in those threads, they can post all they want.

Moderating a forum where scores of comments are posted every hour is a task that borders on the impossible. But I suspect you haven't been around for too long to know that.

Back
Top Bottom