What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

No, i am really serious bro, i had a bad day and a bad week, and this article really made me go ape angry. Irritated by this translation.

And the one posted by PakFactor is more annoying, it mentions that 64 of batch 2 has been produced and 42 of batch 1, but block 1 are 50 in total, what a total misinformation.

Well It is usually 8+42=50. I have observed that Chinese sources often don't include small batch of initial 8 hence this confusion.

Uh, and add "Nine Dragon", "Longlong" in this list of Thunder's names too ... Baolong, Bailong, dragon, jiaolong, jiulong

No, i am really serious bro, i had a bad day and a bad week, and this article really made me go ape angry. Irritated by this translation.

And the one posted by PakFactor is more annoying, it mentions that 64 of batch 2 has been produced and 42 of batch 1, but block 1 are 50 in total, what a total misinformation.

Which one I posted? :(

My apologies if I did these bots are crap when translating, lol.

So which version of klj-7a is adopted for block 3 fixed antenna or with mechanical rotation capability to enhance azimuth and vector capacity beyond standard 120/180 degree to 200 plus degree like gripes and typhoon

IMG_5426.JPG

IMG_5388.JPG

??

i think its the fixed one and the reason should be the space.If space was not a problem then the captor like option could have been the choice.

Anyone have news on when we will be getting more pictures of JF-17 Block-3. Have three things in mind.

1. Expect nose to be further modded as radar decision was made late and slanted design would need slight mods.
2. Lesser external antenna's since AESA can perform as a high speed data link, those T/R antennas can do multiple things at once.
3. Hope PAF finally chooses a new paint scheme for the thunder block-3. Wishing for something like the Grippen NG livery, someone already ported it to the JF-17 in DCS and looks superb.
1575530345_7575617_original.jpg

qiflvspq2h541.jpg

JF-17_6002_01.jpg

A little correction, the US actually helped with mating the sidewinders with the F-6. Subsequently we have F-7 and Mirages using AIM-9Ls too.

Thank you for the corrections, now the big question would be if they will allow mating of AIM-120Cs with JF-17 ? even if it has Western Radar.

A little correction, the US actually helped with mating the sidewinders with the F-6. Subsequently we have F-7 and Mirages using AIM-9Ls too.
Thank you for the corrections, now the big question would be if they will allow mating of AIM-120Cs with JF-17 ? even if it has Western Radar.
Simple answer ... that was then ... this is now.
Stakes are much higher now and the allegiances have changed.

Back
Top Bottom