What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

First taxi test indicates that they are not flight ready yet
Yes means not even IOC has been achieved let alone FOC, but more importantly it means even Functional Flight Test has also not been carried out, after which Jfs have normally been handed over to PAF.

From the various 6 Sep programs aired, this is the order I have gathered:
1. After Final assembly, the aircraft is hooked up to computers and undergoes static tests. Still with the engineers.
2. Next, it goes for a static engine run-up. Probably with the engineers.
3. Next, handed over to test team for taxi tests.
4. Next, finally ready to fly, the test team flies it and makes sure every thing is in order.
4b. A trip to the paint shop.
5. Finally, handed over to PAF. This is when the aircraft receives a serial in the form of XX-YZZ. Where XX is year accepted into PAF, Y type/block indicator and ZZ serial number.

Last edited:
View attachment 805063

Dude I had full confirmation. I can tell eight JF-17 have been handed over to PAF. They will be fully inducted when at least 8 to 12 more jets are ready to form a squadron. The FTC tests have been completed and handed over to PAF. Now you want me to share more details then I can't. Seriously not interested in getting picked up. Even if you would have seen 7th September show of Bol News which never got shown on TV for some reason but its pictures came out even in that several JF-17 BLOCK III were getting ready and that show was done in September.
Zarvan, in your defense, 8 has been the magic number since that show in Sept:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/jf-17-block-3-updates-news-discussion.594030/post-13335154

So when we are expecting blk 4 , In the media?
It's been speculated , having twin engine TVC , better long range radars and capability of carrying massive payload.
It's been modeled on F16S V or XL models!
and bound to have smillar capabilities!
Any news on that?

Last edited:
So when we are expecting blk 4 , In the media?
It's been speculated , having twin engine TVC , better long range radars and capability of carrying massive payload.
It's been modeled on F16S V model and bound to have smillar capabilities!
Any news on that?
Lol

Clearly PS image, PAC of all would know which way the Pakistan flag should be pointing and look at the bottom of the picture, how the leaves have been poorly imposed on the image.

View attachment 805079
While I myself don’t 100% believe the authenticity of the image, it wouldn’t be beyond PAC to get the flag wrong, they’re not that competent (or the ones managing their graphics at least). They messed up the brochures and info sheets at one of the worlds biggest defense expos, they can definitely do it here.

Perhaps a visit to 20 20 would help.
Everything like the metal stand, the plants, the writing on the placard is so clear but the image of the aircraft and specially PAC Logo are hardly visible.

This is what happens when you talk about things you don't understand. In this case, the blurring is because of the printing technology used on the banner. Do you see the horizontal lines running across the banner? Possibly that's where it was folded. It looks coated with a reflective coating on top of which the actual printing is done which is causing light to diffuse.

When you have the habit of ''I'm right and all others are at fault''.....then you can never do wrong.
I have seen that stand with other banners on it.....some fanboy used that old image to impose this image...obviously adding some poor DIY to it.

Again, lack of knowledge. Zooming into a picture can reveal photoshopping in many cases. It would take an expert many hours to produce a realistic photoshop and it is unlikely someone would go to that extent to produce this. There is no motive behind the effort spent.

Why W-10B engines with TVC not bieng used on blk 3?
Can anyone answer that?

JFT ......lol ?
JFT BLK 2.....lol ?
JFT blk 3.......lol?
Lol doesn't stops Pakistan getting higher level of fighter jets!
But TEJAS........ that's really a Lol ?😂😂😂

Possibility of a Medium weight fighter died after procurement of J10CP. If there is to be a block 4 it will have very minor upgrades. Focus will be to upgrade blk 1 and 2 to block 3 standard or as close to it as possible.

Only for the PTV and other channels cameramen to let us down by focusing on attendees during flypast
thurki kuttay kay Buchay focus on females or VIP guests even during flypast or on the parade when the best moment is to focus in the air or the marching soldiers, .

thurki kuttay kay Buchay focus on females or VIP guests even during flypast or on the parade when the best moment is to focus in the air or the marching soldiers, .

Maybe they are under strict orders to do so? I refuse to believe some thurki would be allowed to continue this year after year.

@CriticalThought

My bad , you are correct, two sources indirectly connected with Kamra have confirmed that it is a genuine image from yesterday's ceremony but they also agree that PAC or whoever was in charge has messed up once again....like the flag on tail pointing the wrong way......also the image was most likely captured from a phone thus the poor quality.

Back
Top Bottom