What's new

JF-17 Thunder by Deka Ironwork for DCS

on dcs? which version? 8 gigs should be more than enough. mine only hangs when I'm flying online over wireless network. so to play online, I have run a long cable from my router to the pc. pisses off your bhabi cuz now there's a long cable running all over the place but hey, it doesn't hang nor lag. :P
i actually plays cod warzone, and other shooter games too so thats why i said it. HAhahaha yeah man, cable issue is the same with me, ethernet cable is running through half of the house to reach my game room! 😂 😂 😂

i actually plays cod warzone, and other shooter games too so thats why i said it. HAhahaha yeah man, cable issue is the same with me, ethernet cable is running through half of the house to reach my game room! 😂 😂 😂
:lol: I hear ya. but I don't play those other games. and, at the risk of sounding like a total geek, DCS is NOT a game...it is a "simulation"! :P

I mean like...quite LITERALLY...you have to manually start up the aircraft and hold down the coil ignition button and all that to get the engine started up, go through the system start up sequences and everything, it took me a week to just get one aircraft down and when I started to learn the 2nd aircraft's sequences, I forgot the 1st aircraft's startup sequences. I also got the Mig-19P, which is 99% similar to the F-6 that PAF had. To give you an idea of how realistic it is, the MiG-19P, being from the late 50s, has absolutely NO computer in it, no flight computer at all that would stop you from pushing the aircraft beyond its limits. So during flight, I did just that, pulled too hard and full rudder left with full throttle going super sonic, first my external fuel tanks broke away even though I had not dropped them then my left wing and tail broke off, like...literally just RIPPED off the aircraft sending me into a spiraling spin and crashing...that's how realistic it is. so with the F-6 in this simulation, you REALLY have to know what you are doing and what your aircraft's limits are otherwise it will fall apart.

:lol: I hear ya. but I don't play those other games. and, at the risk of sounding like a total geek, DCS is NOT a game...it is a "simulation"! :P

I mean like...quite LITERALLY...you have to manually start up the aircraft and hold down the coil ignition button and all that to get the engine started up, go through the system start up sequences and everything, it took me a week to just get one aircraft down and when I started to learn the 2nd aircraft's sequences, I forgot the 1st aircraft's startup sequences. I also got the Mig-19P, which is 99% similar to the F-6 that PAF had. To give you an idea of how realistic it is, the MiG-19P, being from the late 50s, has absolutely NO computer in it, no flight computer at all that would stop you from pushing the aircraft beyond its limits. So during flight, I did just that, pulled too hard and full rudder left with full throttle going super sonic, first my external fuel tanks broke away even though I had not dropped them then my left wing and tail broke off, like...literally just RIPPED off the aircraft sending me into a spiraling spin and crashing...that's how realistic it is. so with the F-6 in this simulation, you REALLY have to know what you are doing and what your aircraft's limits are otherwise it will fall apart.
yeah DCS is one of a kind although i am also trying microsoft flight simulator too. My wife was upset when i ordered pc parts and they started arriving one by one and it took almost a month to completely build it but the satisfaction is worth it though.

yeah DCS is one of a kind although i am also trying microsoft flight simulator too. My wife was upset when i ordered pc parts and they started arriving one by one and it took almost a month to completely build it but the satisfaction is worth it though.
I don't like microsoft flight simulator...I wanna go super sonic in a combat situation with a VR, so to be totally emersed it. microsoft doesn't have that and I don't think they are compatible with VRs either.

I don't like microsoft flight simulator...I wanna go super sonic in a combat situation with a VR, so to be totally emersed it. microsoft doesn't have that and I don't think they are compatible with VRs either.
yeah thats why dcs is one of a kind
sometimes i just wants to fly a cessna and relax. Enjoy.

yeah thats why dcs is one of a kind

sometimes i just wants to fly a cessna and relax. Enjoy.
you have cessnas in dcs too I think, haven't looked. If I really wanna fly a turboprop, I'll fly a spitfire through the mountains while relaxing, put a fan on my face for the effect, :lol: but I'll keep my finger on the trigger just in case I feel like shooting somethings up! :omghaha: having said that, admittedly, DCS is so realistic that I almost gave up...but figured that meh...why not, let's just go with it.

BTW, considering your name, SD 10, man...I've seen the SD-10s pull off some insane maneuvers in DCS...once I got hit by the SD 10 (Jeff vs Jeff)...THAT THING HIT ME SIDEWAYS DUDE, I could've sworn I had dodged it and bleeded it outta energy cuz it passed by my left side as I banked right but it freakin' sweaped sideways and blew my engine out, kinda like...someone swings at you, you duck, he misses but then he backhands you on the head with that same hand! :lol:

Last edited:
you have cessnas in dcs too I think, haven't looked. If I really wanna fly a turboprop, I'll fly a spitfire through the mountains while relaxing, put a fan on my face for the effect, :lol: but I'll keep my finger on the trigger just in case I feel like shooting somethings up! :omghaha: having said that, admittedly, DCS is so realistic that I almost gave up...but figured that meh...why not, let's just go with it.

BTW, considering your name, SD 10, man...I've seen the SD-10s pull off some insane maneuvers in DCS...once I got hit by the SD 10 (Jeff vs Jeff)...THAT THING HIT ME SIDEWAYS, kinda like...someone swings at you, you duck, he misses but then he backhands you on the head with that same hand! :lol:
Dont know what DCS did to jf17, they are quite deadly in the game.

Dont know what DCS did to jf17, they are quite deadly in the game.
its right up there with F-16s and rafales. but the wierd thing is that no one has said that it does not match the actual specs of the JF-17 or that it has been nerf'd to be super good...normally, the DCS community points out if an aircraft is too good compared to its official performance property in real life and then the aircraft is either pulled by DCS or the company fixes it, such was the case with the su-35 mod...when it came out it was friggin' killing everyone without anyone even getting close to it. that's not what the real su-35 is like in real life, the make had to fix it and match the parameters available in the real world.

Interesting :)

The inlet of RAAD deploys only after launch , before launch its tugged in the body 😉

E1B329F5-0254-46F1-B980-48C1D3F35616.jpeg

EB9CB408-4111-4138-B8FC-CBC764124964.jpeg

RAAD was 350 km range while 2 is 550 or 600 km range

Last edited:
RAAD was 350 km range while 2 is 550 or 600 km range

I dont think they will bring such weapon system in the game, otherwise it will become unfair to the opposing teams :) . I think it is just a Chinese developer playing around with it.

Now that is what I call a VR LAN Party !!!!! I just need the same chair and i will have the same setup as them. I guess they must be using local high fidelity models of the JF17 direct from Deka Ironwork Simulations. Good way of trying out tactics against other PLAAF pilots operating the same models.

I wonder if PAF has anything similar(doubt it somehow ... ).

Back
Top Bottom