What's new

JF-17 Thunder by Deka Ironwork for DCS

Now that is what I call a VR LAN Party !!!!! I just need the same chair and i will have the same setup as them. I guess they must be using local high fidelity models of the JF17 direct from Deka Ironwork Simulations. Good way of trying out tactics against other PLAAF pilots operating the same models.

I wonder if PAF has anything similar(doubt it somehow ... ).
We got sims even for tanks bro.

Now that is what I call a VR LAN Party !!!!! I just need the same chair and i will have the same setup as them. I guess they must be using local high fidelity models of the JF17 direct from Deka Ironwork Simulations. Good way of trying out tactics against other PLAAF pilots operating the same models.

I wonder if PAF has anything similar(doubt it somehow ... ).

That setup is no where near being optimal for any serious training. Air forces use proper simulators worth millions of dollars. Then train you in the air.

JF-17's simulator.

1623691853031.png

PL-10s showing their high off bore capabilities... dissipating Indian Mig-29s.
1631972018992.png

What is the range of the PL-15 in DCS? Real world Rmax is said to be up to 200 km per a western expert.

@13:30
Justin Bronk
RUSI (the think tank) expert

Last edited:
PL-15 is measured at 160NM, the closest AIM-120D is 157NM.

View attachment 778721

If the radar lock is the limitation on the range of the PL-15 and not something physical, perhaps this could justify Pakistan acquiring the J-11B as a Growler with a very powerful radar, to help support large formations of JF-17s while jamming enemy air and ground radars. Just a thought.

We've got a DCS thread for videos like this. The video would've been posted there already as this is one of the more popular ones. I reckon you post videos in the same thread.

Hope the PAF brings a simulator to every air show it participates in going forward.

Considering DCS has such a decent model for the plane, they should use it in their public simulator, so people can try out, right after touring the plane.

Hopefully soon, the AR googles will become ubiquitous (and a version blended into a “helmet”)

VR doesn’t allow people to see the physical objects and their own body, AR allows that, and is the breakthrough we are waiting for, IMHO, to make mixed reality training feasible

Last edited:

Check the coordinates at the end of the video.

Possible Afghanistan theater coming.

Natural grounds for JF-17 ops.

Not to mention 80's era Soviet/Afghanistan scenarios.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom