What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JF-17 Thunder Jet production begins in Pakistan
January 22, 2008

ISLAMABAD: The co-production of Pak China Thunder jet JF-17 has officially begun at the Kamra Aeronautical Complex.

The project was inaugurated by Air Chief Marshal Tanveer Mehmood at Kamra on Tuesday. The JF-17 thunder jets can also be upgraded to carry conventional and non-conventional weapons.

The Joint Fighter-17 (JF-17) Thunder, also known as the Fighter China-1 (FC-1) Fierce Dragon in China, is a single-seat multirole fighter aircraft.

The first two aircraft were delivered to the Pakistan Air Force in December 2007.
The JF-17/FC-1 is designed to be a cost-effective plane which can meet the tactical and strategic needs of the Pakistani Air Force.

Till now, it has been manufactured by the Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation.

Its maiden flight took place on August 25, 2003. Its primary users are the Pakistan Air Force and the PLA Air Force. Four prototypes plu four have been delivered to Pakistan. Each aircraft costs an estimated 15-20 million American dollars.

Ok, fine,
1. but what about the capacity of AMF to manufacture JF-17 per year.

2. How many aircarft are ordered by PAF. what is the time bracket, by which this order will be completed.

3. JF-17 has Russian engine, Italian radar and US/French origin weaponary. ( i dont know that China has offered its own Air 2 Air. Air 2 Ground missiles. As Pakistan is already passing through very precarious situation, what are the gaurantees that, suppliers will not back out in long term.

4. This nation, paying taxes, need answers!!!!

Mods, pls change the titile of thread as the production has started already.

:welcome:Congrats to All Pakistani and Chinese Brothers.:pakistan::china:

If the H-4 destroyed an aeriel target, then how on the earth can it be a beyond visual glided RAPTOR based missile?

If the H-4 destroyed an aeriel target, then how on the earth can it be a beyond visual glided RAPTOR based missile?

Webby i can not post a reference for It but the guys who worked on this modification of T-Dartar say that it is a BVRAAM as T-Dartar and deployed with the Mirages long way back. H-2 is a R-Dartar Modified AAM like AIM-9.

Then i am guessing that SD-10 has much of the technology from Darter series if that is the case.

Guys here is the very first report of the H2/H4 deal in the Dawn:

Based on the report and even some of the folks at Pakdef who had association with AWC, the consensus was that H2/H4 are PGMs and not WVR/BVR AAMs as is being inferred. The reference to "Beyond Visual Range" in the report below applies to PGMs that exceed ranges of typical WVR engagement envelopes (9Km or so). With H2 and H4 being in the range of 60km/120km, you can rest assured that this is a function of altitude and gliding to target which is very much possible for systems such as Raptor I/II.

I would take the rest of BVR/Darter content with a grain of salt due to the dismal quality of defense related journalism in Pakistan.

Dept to be set up for president’s security -DAWN - Top Stories; December 18, 2003

PAF adds new bombs to its arsenal

By Arshad Sharif

ISLAMABAD, Dec 17: Pakistan Air Force has integrated the H-4 out-of-sight target bombs in its arsenal of fighter aircraft, official sources said. The incorporation of H-4 bombs have added to the capability of the PAF to hit out-of-sight targets from a distance of up to 120 kilometres to evade enemy radars during air strikes. A lighter version of the bomb, H-2 model, can hit the out-of-sight targets from a range of up to 60 kilometres.

"It is a step towards adding the Beyond Visual Range (BVR) missiles to our arsenal for defensive purposes and to address the strategic imbalance in the region," sources said.

The indigenously produced H-4 bombs is an achievement of the National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM), which works in close collaboration with Pakistan Missile Organizationand the Air Weapons Complex.

"Three successful tests of H-4, with the latest conducted this year, produced satisfactory results leading to addition of arsenal in the fighter jets," the sources said.

The H-4 bombs have been made through indigenous efforts by modifying the technological design of South African T-Darter BVR missiles. Till the induction of JF-17 Thunder in 2006, with a provision for BVRs, the H-2 and H-4 bombs could be carried by Mirage fighter jets. The H-4 infrared device is said to be comparable to that of the AA11, AA12 and Python 4 in the Indian arsenal.

Moreover, the sources said, fighter aircraft in PAF's arsenal have the "provision" to be fitted with precision-guided munitions and BVR missiles. When asked about advantages of BVR in Indian arsenal, PAF spokesperson Air Commodore Sarfaraz said: "We are aggressively trying to utilize whatever equipment we have to its optimum operational limits through professional training and by pursuing high standards of maintenance."

Mr Sarfaraz said: "We are aware of our technological needs and are vigorously trying to meet those requirements either through procurements or indigenous developments."

The European and the US suppliers were currently not willing to share the technology with Pakistan. However, contacts were being established with China, defence sources said, adding that JF-17 Thunder (to be inducted in 2006), F-16s and the Mirage aircraft in Pakistan's fleet all had the provision to be fitted with BVRs once the technology and the missiles would be acquired.

Someone knows about this fact, that how many JF-17 thunder will be produced by our aeronautical complex in a year. And how many contribution of china in our JF-17 thunder which will be produced in our Country "Pakistan".
:pakistan:
:china:

Yea i think 8 in total again i might be wrong the PAF wants to have atleast one SQ in the force and running by end of this year !! :pakistan::yahoo:

Only 8??? then it will take 19 years to complete the order of 150 JF's. when at that time this fighter will be outdated.??
:hitwall:

Oh' It's better than 8 and i think it will complete 6 years, not very long. Can some one told me if there is plan to make another fighter for PAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom