What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about the grifo s7 specs, i couldnt find them

i think if a radar which is installed in SU 30 willl be installed in jf 17 will be great if we can get engines via china from russia why not radar for aircraft we get from russia via china

That's not possible. They are both different sizes, one's part will not fit in another. Its like trying to install a truck engine into a sports car to gain power power.

Bigger planes have the potential for better radars because no matter how much you miniaturize your technology, the bigger housing on a bigger fighter gives you the potential to install a better radar.

Arsalanaslam and luftwaffe, those brochures from Selex Galileo are incorrect. PAF has already selected NRIET KLJ-7 for the first batch, this is confirmed by ex-COAS.

I think S7 was chosen by PAF initially in the late 90s when Pakistan gave 50% funding to the project, but no contract was signed because the plane wasn't finished yet. Nobody thought the Chinese radar would be good enough to beat the Grifo S7, but it turns out they are impressed with it.

Last edited:
so the GRIFO S 7 is almost the done deal, atleast for the first block!

why havent we gone for the KLJ-10, it can detect upto 40 targets, track 8 of them and engage 2 at a time.
range of detecting a normal 3m srquare objetct is +100 Km and can also be used at sea (range 135 Km) and for groung attack role

No, the KLJ-7 was chosen over Grifo S 7. KLJ-7 is a derivative of the KLJ-10 used on the J-10.

does anyone have an idea about what EW suite we are going to be using....and the first 8 that are up and flying what radars are installed on them....???

does anyone have an idea about what EW suite we are going to be using....and the first 8 that are up and flying what radars are installed on them....???

Integrating weapons and developing an EW suite requires typically 5 yrs. We started this in 2007, and hopefully by 2010 we will have completed the majority of the work. Most A2A and A2G weapons both in our inventory and some acquired weapons would be integrated by then.

To answer your question, while no official confirmation is present but we do know that weapons trial were/are being conducted and the first batch will have KLJ-7 so its natural to assume that it is KLJ-7. I do not think any fully developed EW suite exist at this time. But most probably it would be locally (in collaboration with China and/or certain technologies from the west) developed. A fully functional and integrated radar and EW suite would be in the 2010-11 time-frame.

Reactions: Zob
hj786 i believe your right but why is selex advertising it on their site what is the purpose then should not PAF protest to Selex..and besides GRIFO S 7/GRIFO 2000 are for the earlier are suited for earlier block of F-16s as well so why would PAF go for such a radar while we already know most of the systems of JF-17s are on par or close to atleast block 50 F-16. I think PAF must take up the matter and discuss it with SelexGalileo...if its not a done deal already i'm afraid...

hj786 i believe your right but why is selex advertising it on their site what is the purpose then should not PAF protest to Selex..and besides GRIFO S 7/GRIFO 2000 are for the earlier are suited for earlier block of F-16s as well so why would PAF go for such a radar while we already know most of the systems of JF-17s are on par or close to atleast block 50 F-16. I think PAF must take up the matter and discuss it with SelexGalileo...if its not a done deal already i'm afraid...

If our armed forces PR wing was so efficient, it would start with updating a few of its own websites and that of PAC kamra :lol:

It has been mentioned in various interviews of ACM that the first batch of JF-17 will have all chinese avionics and radar so no confusion there.

Arsalanaslam and luftwaffe, those brochures from Selex Galileo are incorrect. PAF has already selected NRIET KLJ-7 for the first batch, this is confirmed by ex-COAS.

yes actually i have also learned, i guess for this very thread that KLJ-7 will be selected for the first batch planes while later on PAF plans to move to westren systems!

isnt the KLJ-7 good enough, keeping in mind that it will cost relatively very less and its features are same if not better then the GRIFO S7 as far as i have understood!

what do you people think

There are many systems (IRST-C-POD, IRST (PIRATE) etc. Which IRST system PAF is going to use on JF-17. I found more impressive as is shown in link of F-14 in front of landing wheel.
instapinch.com F-14 Tomcat
It is possible for PAF to install on JF-17 IRST like this or they will do like J-10B.

There are many systems (IRST-C-POD, IRST (PIRATE) etc. Which IRST system PAF is going to use on JF-17. I found more impressive as is shown in link of F-14 in front of landing wheel.
instapinch.com F-14 Tomcat
It is possible for PAF to install on JF-17 IRST like this or they will do like J-10B.

can you please attatch the particular image as there are so many of them so difficult to figure out what exactly you are pointing at, though they are same but still it will be helpfull if you can kindly paste a clear image!

regards

Which Missile will PAF use as heat seeking short range missile?I guess AIM9 as they have used it on F7PG as well.??

can you please attatch the particular image as there are so many of them so difficult to figure out what exactly you are pointing at, though they are same but still it will be helpfull if you can kindly paste a clear image!

regards

Here is in attachment IRST on F-14.

Attachments

• F-14 (IRST).jpg
    F-14 (IRST).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom