What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

very well said friend :toast_sign:

well as it can be said that " hum log chor ko nekal ka dakoo ko lay aatay han"

this is what have happened, musharaf, whatever was wrong with him, was far better than uncle zaardari!! :rofl:

as for this deal, it have been explained in previous posts that this was a good decesion!

the SAAB have fullfiled the demand of urgent procurement and now we can wait for the chines to develop there system or modify it according to our requirment!

also for a country like our, always lkely to face sanctions, it is better to have different suppliers, i myself is even not in favour of 100% reliability on China as it is well said that:
at level of countries and nation, there are no friends, all we have is intrest!!

a pure photo shop art,,,

it is a fake!!

i think if a radar which is installed in SU 30 willl be installed in jf 17 will be great if we can get engines via china from russia why not radar for aircraft we get from russia via china

first of all, the Bars radar has an antenna diameter of nearly 950 mm. the JF-17 would barely fit a 600-625 mm antenna since the radome isn't that large. secondly, the power requirements of a Bars CANNOT be met by a single engined fighter. thirdly, Russia hasn't even sold the Bars radar to China for fear that they'll copy it, so there is no question of selling it to Pakistan.

moreover this wont be a nice option!

we intend to replane avionics with westren systems,
going to replace the engine!
looking for another radar!

wont it detrack us from the main cause, a highly flexable and cost effective aircraft made keeping in view the export market of the third world countries ( more specifically meant to be a poor man's F16)
though these upgrades are necessary but not unless we have exported some to get money to develop/buy these upgraded systems!
investing heavily in this project at the present may well be a set-back!

for ground attack missions JF17 is to be equiped with LDTP. Laser Designator and Targeting Pod (LDTP) is for target illumination and detection with day/ night capabilities.
PAF have also ordered sniper pods from US to be used with F16 and these can also be used with the JF17!

can anyone further help us is this regard, do share any info regarding this topic!

regards!

for ground attack missions JF17 is to be equiped with LDTP. Laser Designator and Targeting Pod (LDTP) is for target illumination and detection with day/ night capabilities.
PAF have also ordered sniper pods from US to be used with F16 and these can also be used with the JF17!

can anyone further help us is this regard, do share any info regarding this topic!

regards!

Can't help at all mate.

But coincidentally, and almost off-topic, yesterday I took several very poor quality pictures of a Eurofighter (Typhoon) full-size mock-up the RAF had in Manchester.

Ok, it is ages since I worked on the Tornado and I what I haven't forgotten has changed and left me out-of-date and uninformed. This display was not about impressing Governments and arms dealers, it was for the people of Manchester.

I have to tell you guys I was impressed. I did not meet anybody there who was not impressed, the RAF personel were knowledgable, friendly and professional. I think many young men who sat in that full-size mock-up, experienced the cockpit feel with that flight-sim software will be at the recruiting office today to fly that miracle of modern precision engineering.

All my pics were on a very cheap Chinese digital camera and are a bit er pixilated. Resolution is far from mil-spec. I will try to obtain reasonable resolution pics of the Manchester display (right in the town-hall square)

But from the good ole' archives

well bro if you do not mind:

1: you are not almost but exactly off topic :cheesy:
2: it seems that the focus is more on cheap chines digital camera giving bad pictures :sick: :sick:
3: i cannot see the pics bro! :D

regards!

57e1fd6712dca37be70e9e62542365fc.jpg

:cheesy:
where is the plane going to with three external fuel tanks and only WVR missiles, perhaps PL9 at wing tips!! :lol:

:cheesy:
where is the plane going to with three external fuel tanks and only WVR missiles, perhaps PL9 at wing tips!! :lol:

and 4 bombs that are used to low and fast over the target... :)

Sounds like the typical long tipe loitering and then hit Taleban convoy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom