What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be WS-13 as i don't see any smoke trails.

The smoke performance of the WS-13 is better than the RD-93, but still not up to par with the state of the art in this matter.

I have seen atleast 40 landings of JF-17 up close at its first sqd home base, as close as 20 meters, and the sound the RD-93 makes at the time of landing is exactly 100% as we hear in this video. RD-93s have a distinct sound which they make at the time of landing. My guess is the FC-1 in the video is still using RD-93s, but who knows the WS-13 is exact copy of RD-93 thus it has the same sound characteristics too.

Agreed, every engine has a distinctive sound. The AH-1 Cobra has a trademark sound, although that is partly because of the two blades, Similarly, The UH-1 also, the two blade whoosh-whoosh sound. The Puma has a distinctive sound as well. You can tell the heli by just listening to it.

Did not figure that an airplane might have such a distinctive sound like this.

Agreed, every engine has a distinctive sound. The AH-1 Cobra has a trademark sound, although that is partly because of the two blades, Similarly, The UH-1 also, the two blade whoosh-whoosh sound. The Puma has a distinctive sound as well. You can tell the heli by just listening to it.

Did not figure that an airplane might have such a distinctive sound like this.

Yups agreed. I can distinguish between a Cobra, Mi-17, Bell-412, Puma & Lama even without seeing them, just after hearing their engine sound, as they all make different engine/blade noises.

But the engine sound of RD-93 is very very distinctive at the time of landing, if you hear that above video at high sound, may be you can hear the engine sound, and i love that sound.

Whenever i am going to somewhere through the airport road and i see a JF-17 coming to land, i start driving like crazy to get to the place where i can see it properly and hear the sound and the roar of RD-93 is awesome, both at take off and at landing too.

RD-93 doesn't sends out smoke all the time, it does that on certain occasions under certain factors.

precisely, it is observed from the aerobatic display of JF-17 at Zuhai and Izmir that on certain turns and recovering from tight turn it gives out dark smoke otherwise its tail is clear throughout the performance.

Yups agreed. I can distinguish between a Cobra, Mi-17, Bell-412, Puma & Lama even without seeing them, just after hearing their engine sound, as they all make different engine/blade noises.

But the engine sound of RD-93 is very very distinctive at the time of landing, if you hear that above video at high sound, may be you can hear the engine sound, and i love that sound.

Whenever i am going to somewhere through the airport road and i see a JF-17 coming to land, i start driving like crazy to get to the place where i can see it properly and hear the sound and the roar of RD-93 is awesome, both at take off and at landing too.
Same here. I run out of my house without shoes and sometimes short just to see a Cobra. The sound those two blades make is just awesome. But Chinook is just a different thing altogether, very big in magnitude.

Do all jet engines have a distinctive sound , i.e differentiate between a JF-17 and F-16?

Cheap authentic jerseys,cheap authentic NFL football jerseys wholesale,Authentic NFL Jerseys : RSS FeedNBA Los Angeles Lakers Caps/hats Purple and yellowNBA Boston Celtics Caps/hats Black and whiteNBA Boston Celtics Caps/hats White and GreenNBA Boston Celtics Caps/hats Blac

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Cheap New-style Louboutin ,Discount New-style Louboutin,Cheap New-style Christian Louboutin ,Discount New-style Christian LouboutinCheap New-style Louboutin ,Discount New-style Louboutin,Cheap New-sty

Awesome! So we can fly a JF-17 wearing one of those instead of a G-suit? :rolleyes::tdown:

There are now two squadrons of JFT in the PAF and yet ISPR does not seem to understand the need to continuously give PR attention to this aircraft - What are there not more pictures and news of the JFT?

There are now two squadrons of JFT in the PAF and yet ISPR does not seem to understand the need to continuously give PR attention to this aircraft - What are there not more pictures and news of the JFT?

Muse, you, of all people, should know by now that ISPR does best reactively, rather than proactively. :)

Its been an interesting thing that only pic leaks are at selected websites. And apparently there hasn't been much from PAC where manufacturing and TEF resides. Is there a ban on taking pics over there?

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

Sir what do you want? ISPR to run a RSS feed or a flash service? :lol:

Muse, you, of all people, should know by now that ISPR does best reactively, rather than proactively.
and shamlessly unmotivated as well.
Is there a ban on taking pics over there?

I don't know about that - what I do know is that if the Pakistanis (ISPR) does not highlight the aircraft, it loses it's sheen, after all, the Chinese do not operate it and if the PAF is less than keen to highlight this development, people cannot be blamed for thinking that maybe PAF now realizes it was a mistake -- If the positive will not motivate them, then lets see how they like the negative

ISPR is 90% army-centric - the PAF and PN have their own smaller versions of ISPR & spokespersons- there is NO issue with the JFT.

and shamlessly unmotivated as well.

I don't know about that - what I do know is that if the Pakistanis (ISPR) does not highlight the aircraft, it loses it's sheen, after all, the Chinese do not operate it and if the PAF is less than keen to highlight this development, people cannot be blamed for thinking that maybe PAF now realizes it was a mistake -- If the positive will not motivate them, then lets see how they like the negative

Im still wondering how you came to that conclusion??
So its now good to beat the drums over every little thing??
The JF is going through a lot of milestones.. but that does not need to be highlighted every third day..
and people are solely to be blamed if they think negative, their own pessimistic attitude is at fault.
Not the ISPR or the PAF if they dont like making a fuss everytime a new screw is fit into the jet.

Im still wondering how you came to that conclusion??
So its now good to beat the drums over every little thing??
The JF is going through a lot of milestones.. but that does not need to be highlighted every third day..
and people are solely to be blamed if they think negative, their own pessimistic attitude is at fault.
Not the ISPR or the PAF if they dont like making a fuss everytime a new screw is fit into the jet.

Or more like in our eastern neighbour cum rival style , actually he might be more obsessed with our eastern neighbour cum rival style and expecting PAF to beat drums like they do before even a decade of signing a contract , or on even manufacturing an aircraft which is just on paper and will remain for atleast next decade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom