What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can prove any thing to you ever.

There is no solution for your denials.

BTW... what do you know about F-16? or just collecting inputs for DRDO!

Why you being angry ? :lol:

You calling JF17 2 better than F16 blk 52 so I just want to know how ???

Hi all, I am looking for a link with information about the interest of Argentina for the JF-17, because in Argentina there is not much information.
Thx

Why you being angry ? :lol:

You calling JF17 2 better than F16 blk 52 so I just want to know how ???

As per PAF officials the JFT I is on par with early blocks of F-16 bt exceed in avionics

now you might also know that PAF operates both F-16 and JFT.and you none so dnt they know more than you?

and i think your also aware of that JFT II will be better than JFT I

beside this JFT is nt costly,nt sanction prone,No kill switch even rumours.And we are inducting it in huge numbers

F-16 has edge over JFT II in range and payload
both are equal in agility
JFT has edge over F-16 in avionics.(JFT II)

Hi all, I am looking for a link with information about the interest of Argentina for the JF-17, because in Argentina there is not much information.
Thx

Rightnow, alot of what we have are off-hand references. Argentina's main combat aircraft, the Mirage-III's are relatively old now and would near the end of their"airframe life" in the not-too-distant future. And due to this, Argentina is identified as one of the South American countries that this aircraft could be marketed towards.

It offers modern capabilities at an affordable price, and various South American defence forums and blogs seem abuzz with JF-17 news from time to time. Some of the information there might be a little out-dated, as this project's progressing pretty rapidly and future "Block-II" and "Block-III" JF-17s are planned with increased capabilities.

This might help(but some information and specs are outdated):
- Blog de las Fuerzas de Defensa de la República Argentina: Caza Multi-Rol: Chengdu-PAC JF-17/FC-1 Thunder
- El pequeño y fabuloso JF-17 Thunder
- JF-17; FC-1 Un avion para Argentina - AviaciónArgentina.net

In reply to FARHAN.

F-16 has edge over JFT II in range and payload
both are equal in agility
JFT has edge over F-16 in avionics.(JFT II)

Which F16 model are you comparing JFT MK2 too.

The latest F16/52 which PAF has acquired is a $75m multi role fighter...

What is in MK2 JFT. nothing is known

Thunder uses a chinease version of the russian MSA radar Zhuk ie KLJ7..

we have no definite info on chinease AESA at this stage its quite a few years away.

Even the Russians & EADS of euro fighter claim there AESA is 5 years away from operational point.

With regards to Avionics i wud be gobsmaked if chinease tech is better than USA even F16/52 level which med range

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

PS before somebody beats up re my comment

I am not saying JFT MK2 is bad or rubbish AT LEAST QUALIFY the remarks ie which model of F16 is JFT MK2 superir too AND WHY aND HOW

not just a remark out of thin air

(it is equal in quality) wat does this mean

I said F-16 is superior in range and payload
both are comparable in manouveribility
though JFT has newer and more advance avionics than early blocks of F-16 bt comparable to Block 52

Cost doesnt matter.

The confirmed upgrades for JFT 2 are
New weapons integration(possibly sd-10A/B,MAA-1B from brazil,mar-1,c-802ak etc)
new avionics(improved klj-7,HMD,new EC</Data link)linking it with awacs
And a fixed IFR

And chineese tech is nt better than america bt is atleast comparable.
As i said before you and me dnt know more about JFT and F-16 than PAF as they operate both
they have already said that JFT I is comparable to early blocks of f-16 they might mean the F-16 block 15

JFT does not have comparable avionics to F16/52

The APG RADAR on F16/52 has a scanning capacity and range twice that of KLJ7 on mk1 thunder ie 140km for APG & only 70km for KLJ7

The APG69 (3) IS THE BEST mechanical radar & processor in the non PESA NON AESA world

Hence the reason why i challenged you FARHAN.

Advanced F-16 Block 50/52/60

I think the BLOCK 52 is easily the best squdron in tech terms in PAF by a long way

Dont forget FARHAN PAF made a huge effort to get the FRENCH UPGRADE of future THUNDERS from dassult with a RFP for the RC400 radar and avioincs along with mica BVRS only 12 months ago.

All the indications are that PAF would prefer western tech on THUNDER

farhan manevourbility or agility is FAR LESS important now then its was 25 years ago

EG a block a/b F16 is the most agile fighter in PAF TODAY IT WAS BUILT for short range WVR COMBAT.

iTS SUCCESSOR is a heavier F16/52 which is true multi role fighter with BIGGER radar and more fuel and BVR weapons.

early dectection & BVR engagement and bigger punch and range and load is more important NOW...

THIS IS WHY STEALTH & RCS is also so important.

agility and moves was a MIG21 F7 era concept

JFT does not have comparable avionics to F16/52

The APG RADAR on F16/52 has a scanning capacity and range twice that of KLJ7 on mk1 thunder ie 140km for APG & only 70km for KLJ7

The APG69 (3) IS THE BEST mechanical radar & processor in the non PESA NON AESA world

Hence the reason why i challenged you FARHAN.

Advanced F-16 Block 50/52/60

I think the BLOCK 52 is easily the best squdron in tech terms in PAF by a long way

the JFT 2 radar will be improved.so EXPECT FOR INCREASE RANGE ALSO.
klj-7 range is 105km nt 70km

beside this you are comparing a 75millions thing with a 15-20million

Future for Paf is really better because chinese tech is going to be mature , in early 70s when americans had f15s chinese had just a5s and migs clones , now china is going to stand in market and really producing the things which compete the world, what pakistan need is to setup the aviation industry and it should not be under PAF because its not paf job to built the aircrafts , and one more thing pakistan must absorb the tech from world to survive , just depends upon china is not in our favor and no body know the future so what i think right now is to exploit chinese tech and absorb it to make country self sufficient to the extend we can !! it would be better if PAC brings its own concepts to renew the concepts of this jf project!!

Last but not least is that jf is tech ahead and by keeping two 12 bores short gun it is better to have one ak47 this could be better statement for kids who consider the numbers .

Dont forget FARHAN PAF made a huge effort to get the FRENCH UPGRADE of future THUNDERS from dassult with a RFP for the RC400 radar and avioincs along with mica BVRS only 12 months ago.

All the indications are that PAF would prefer western tech on THUNDER

indeed PAF wanted europian avionics on JFT.
bt as PAF official said the Klj-7 performance is as good as the proposed rc-400 once.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

farhan manevourbility or agility is FAR LESS important now then its was 25 years ago

EG a block a/b F16 is the most agile fighter in PAF TODAY IT WAS BUILT for short range WVR COMBAT.

iTS SUCCESSOR is a heavier F16/52 which is true multi role fighter with BIGGER radar and more fuel and BVR weapons.

early dectection & BVR engagement and bigger punch and range and load is more important NOW...

THIS IS WHY STEALTH & RCS is also so important.

agility and moves was a MIG21 F7 era concept

Nabil said in PAF inventory JFT RCS are the least

so JFT has lower RCS than F-16

wait till june/july and we will see a clear picture of JFT II.
as we are still at speculations stage

@stormforce Are you making multiple posts to increase your post count? Stop flooding.

JF-17's known to have defeated the F-16 in mock combats, hence, more manouverable. It's got a smaller Radar Cross-Section. It's going to be integrated with more types of weaponry than the F-16s. It doesn't come with electronic "seals" that American products come with - I'm sure IAF will experience what tremendous joy this can bring once the US delivers those AH-64s.

In our Air Force, the JF-17 isn't competing for a spot against the F-16s, they perform a complementary role. You are comparing a latest-gen F-16 with a first-gen JF-17.

One would imagine that these Indians would have *some* shame, still berating the JF-17 programme while their Tejas continues to be pushed ahead. Every year it gets pushed ahead further and further. You should go and worry about that instead.

Thx

Amigo no has apasado por foro Español???? hay un monton de noticias sobre JF17 espera te lo busco yo :)

xqicy9.jpg

Originally posted by Nabil-05

It was confirmed by Tami Khan and Nabil bhai that JF-17 Thunder uses limited composites...

Also the difference between the empty weights shown in the zhuhai and Izmir releases is of 300 odd Kg's
In zhuhai it was shown to be 6700 Kg's and in Izmir It was 6411 Kg's.

Also the payload is now mentioned to be 4 tonnes while it was previously reported to be 3.6 and 3.8 tonnes.

As for RCS of JF-17 wasn't it mentioned a zillion times before its the lowest in PAF's fleet,even lower than the block 52 ...
(which BTW is 1.2 m2)....And the biggest reason has also been mentioned a zillion times (i.e DSI intakes that cover the fanblades of the engine)

Since most people are trolling ... well why not I give it a shot

Here is the poor man's viper,the 3rd generation JF-17's intakes
JF-17_DSI_intake.jpg

And here is the best jet in the planet that will grace the IAF..
PAK-FA the great..

L9x9x.jpg

Looks like the poor man's viper uses a better method to conceal the fanblades than the big bad boy PAK-FA...LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom