What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Oscar.....PAF isnt allowed to use F 16 outside pakistani territory...Thats the contract with americans?
so basically PAF has no strike fighter.

No it isnt..
Well. call it a powerless clause if you will..
but the PAF will use the F-16 howsoever it wishes.

quite big for the sake of camera:no:

Not exactly incorrect.
This may be a IR camera to measure the IR signature of the J-20...and monitor the flight from midair.

No it isnt..
Well. call it a powerless clause if you will..
but the PAF will use the F-16 howsoever it wishes.

Not exactly incorrect.
This may be a IR camera to measure the IR signature of the J-20...and monitor the flight from midair.

One way or the other, they seem to be using JF17 prototype with J-20.........why do i have a feeling....PAF might skip 4.5+ Gen and go directly to J-20 class strike aircraft?

I mean, a J-20 with PAF even as late as 2017-18 would wreck havoc in Indian minds as it will have the potential to single handedly neutralize their surface naval threat and SU-30 MKI threat.....!!!

This might give credence to the theory that the pod we saw below is actually a camera. The FC-1 likely being used as a chase plane.

twi3I.jpg

Or maybe detecting / locking Stealth fighter using IRST.

One way or the other, they seem to be using JF17 prototype with J-20.........why do i have a feeling....PAF might skip 4.5+ Gen and go directly to J-20 class strike aircraft?

I mean, a J-20 with PAF even as late as 2017-18 would wreck havoc in Indian minds as it will have the potential to single handedly neutralize their surface naval threat and SU-30 MKI threat.....!!!

I don't think you can get J-20 before 2022-2025...... Even for J-10B you need to wait few more years... NAVAL threat???? so are you gonna use PAF against IN....sounds funny...

The trail is very much dirty in that pic of the Jf-17

Has the thunder made any public appearance in Pakistan yet? Not a sortie but a organised kind of event?

Has the thunder made any public appearance in Pakistan yet? Not a sortie but a organised kind of event?

Back in 2008 i think.....the 23rd March Pakistan day parade!!

Go to 3:15, they perform a bomb burst......

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to side along with danger zone and oscar on this one . It seems that it is actually a camera with secure frequency hopping , jam resistant radio communication device for data link as the FC-1/JF-17 is being used as a chase plane for J-20 .

The basis for my above guess is that i took the pic and enlarged it in photoshop which revealed the words BFSK-01 written on it, if i guessed correctly. If true then FSK satnds for frequency shift keying- which is like frequency hopping . Plus , we can see an antenna protruding out of it which shows it is meant for data transmission most likely for the video feed.

Below is the pic i have edited in higher resolution :
mil+psd+pod.jpg

And here is the link for my whole post : FC-1/JF-17 gets a new Pod ? if any one's interested. But keep in mind it is just guess work as im no expert.

Or maybe detecting / locking Stealth fighter using IRST.

"今天枭龙是主角!先是携带两枚训练蛋在机场上空做机动表演,下来后回机库挂上吊舱和四妹编队飞行!这是首飞后第一次见到编队飞行的20!!废话不多,直接上图!!" - Quoted from the guy who filmed the pod. The JF-17 made a "maneuverability show" with two training dummy missiles. Then it changed to the pod and teamed up with the J-20 in formation.

We don't know what exactly the pod is for either.

Great job DZ

It is quite interesting that we came up with an advanced IRST on our own back in the 90s, it is also a hint at those who underestimate our capability as respectable avionics manufacturers because not many are able to make an IRST system on their own even today. The pod does look similar to an IRST from the front end, lets see what is revealed in the blk 2 :)

That is exactly what i noticed when i saw those IRSTs pics ... It is like that but only from front and body and rare is identical to K-300G pod ... OR.... It is just angle that is creating confusion and in reality PT-06 is carrying both IRST and K-300G pods ... (just a guess)

Hi,

Sometimes---as it happens---the picture is right in front of our faces---but it does not register in our minds. At one time the F 16 was also an in-expensive low tech low end air craft----and see where it has ended up today.

Similiarly---the JF 17 will not be at the same place in 10 years from now as it was at the time of its conception---as a matter of fact---it cannot be at the same place in the next two years. It will depend on the future visionaries of the air force---what kind of vision the air chiefs---what the design engineers can come up with---and the makers of future technologies---what kind of technologies they can cram in this aircraft---.

The jf 17 is not going to remain as a cost effective small aircraft all the time----bottomline is that untill and unless it cannot grow with the needs---it will meet its untimely death.

If it's smaller size cannot be adapted to a stealthier form---then its smaller design is worthless. If a big aircraft---like the su30---can display right in your face kind of presence---using its size, radar and missile count to openly brag about its machismo----then a little bird like the jf17 will have to act silent about its disappearing act ( a stealthier design ) and need to find a way to become less visible---.

In this day and age---there is no place for the ORDINARY---there is no place for 'cheap' ---a cheap will have to find a way to compete with the best---. There is no place for that 'silent guy standing in the corner'---as there is no place for 'sleeping tigers'---the tigers who are sleeping will stay sleeping---they are not going to wake up any more.

If the F 16 had not evolved over the years---it would have disppeared---the F16 would also have disappered if it did not have its bigger brother the F15 protecting its presence and letting it grow over a period of time.

I would like to side along with danger zone and oscar on this one . It seems that it is actually a camera with secure frequency hopping , jam resistant radio communication device for data link as the FC-1/JF-17 is being used as a chase plane for J-20 .

The basis for my above guess is that i took the pic and enlarged it in photoshop which revealed the words BFSK-01 written on it, if i guessed correctly. If true then FSK satnds for frequency shift keying- which is like freque
ncy hopping . Plus , we can see an antenna protruding out of it which shows it is meant for data transmission most likely for the video feed.

Below is the pic i have edited in higher resolution :
mil+psd+pod.jpg

And here is the link for my whole post : FC-1/JF-17 gets a new Pod ? if any one's interested. But keep in mind it is just guess work as im no expert.

What you said may be right. Bfsk stand for binary fsk , so modulation Is done in 0 &1 in its simplest form.

Has the thunder made any public appearance in Pakistan yet? Not a sortie but a organised kind of event?[/QUOTE]

over FATA around at least 5,000 times

Hehe sir, I don't think a lot of folks go to FATA to enjoy that spectacle!!!

The successive cancellations of the annual parades really have taken away of opportunity to show some hardware to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom