What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
8083784923_778f3f5fb6_k.jpg

dragon?
Photoshoped on to the plane since the Chinese name is Xialong (Fierce Dragon)

cannot see your pics!
Take a check if flicker is blocked by your web administrator. I have the same problem in my office.

Something i failed to notice before, the navigational light on JF-17 is placed on mid-wing rather than on wing tips. !!

424789_384279304919854_1650684187_n.jpg

Isn't that a strobe light?

Here's the navigation light.

jf-17_thunder_navigation_lights_01.jpg

First time I've (edit) noticed (edit) such a weird configuration.

Normally, it is 2 colored nav lights (red and green/solid), 1 solid white at the tail, strobes at the wings and fuselage, and a revolving red light (anti-collision) also at the mid section of the fuselage.

Maybe ground troops need to see the movement of jet, hence nav lights at the underside of the wings.

First time I've seen such a weird configuration.

Normally, it is 2 colored nav lights (red and green/solid), 1 solid white at the tail, strobes at the wings and fuselage, and a revolving red light (anti-collision) also at the mid section of the fuselage.

Maybe ground troops need to see the movement of jet, hence nav lights at the underside of the wings.

It probably has something to do with the positioning of wing-tip launch rails. ??

It probably has something to do with the positioning of wing-tip launch rails. ??

Perhaps.

I don't have a whole lot of knowledge about jets. But airliners follow some conventions, don't military jets follow those same conventions?

Why is the canopy so small? Also notice the gap after it: Clearly it looks as if it is photoshopped...

27_10174_12cec030f4e9cf2.jpg

Something i failed to notice before, the navigational light on JF-17 is placed on mid-wing rather than on wing tips. !!

424789_384279304919854_1650684187_n.jpg

These lights are not in the middle of the wing, but near the wingtips. There are identical lights slightly away from the fuselage than these are, but exactly aligned under these. You can see them from Antibody's JF-17 HD picture thread.
Why is the canopy so small? Also notice the gap in the end:

27_10174_12cec030f4e9cf2.jpg

It's the angle of the picture taken. You can't even see the pilot from here!

Are we really this bored, that we have to discuss lights on JF-17?

:lazy2:

next month in 2 venue we will see jft

ideas def expo Karachi
zhuhai airshow

new pictures and many news about jft

number of them in service
future plans
jft 2 status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom