What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The multiple Missile rails for SD-10 at hard point 2 and 6 are being pictured on numerous sources now:
PAF-JF-17-Thunder-MRCA-Poster-1-580x520.jpg

With HARF
PAF-JF-17-Thunder-MRCA-Poster-5-580x394.jpg

With SD-10
PAF-JF-17-Thunder-MRCA-Poster-7-580x297.jpg

Najam artowrk. You forgot to check Info pool thread, it's posted 3 weeks back!

Those pictures were NOT released by PAF or ISPR but one of our Think Tanks.
But had it been the case then PAF would not have allowed any leaks either (Just like we have in case of ZDK-03, Erieye, JFT Testing etc.

When much advance aircrafts like Rafael and Eurofighter photos of various loads and configurations are released officially, my heart burns.

When most secretive plane on earth, F-22 videos are released showing extreme manuevering and firing weapons and mediocre aircrats like JF-17 doesnot have guts to shows 7 weapons or other payload of offensive/defensive nature on it's hardpoints, my heart turns in to coal

When PAF JF-17 program director can leak sensitive news of weapon integration to kanwa and air international magazine ( why disclose such news? Why not keep enemy in doubt that JF-17 can only fire dud missiles of WW2 era) and FC-1 videos come up on net showing C-802 and SD10 hanging with it,,, then why PAF dont stop such non state actors from displaying true strength of PAF so enemy keepsguessing and dont know what to expect! Than my coal heart starts to burn badly

But when you comeup with your typical establishment BS without any logical reasoning. Than i get a severe heart attack.

Ohh comon man ... Don't you love that Dumb Bombs dropping (Fire Power) demonstration, that PAF do once in 5 years. :lol:

@ Najam Khan

Since PMs are now strangely regulated, I have to post it here, but your JF 17 slides have made it even to Brazil:

Link

Thank you sancho for posting the link. I'm glad that these art work images have made their way to such websites... unfortunately not in the original form they were uploaded.

mafiya,

Pakistani military has always been very "old school" when it comes to release such information. Security situation of the country has played its equal part in their excuse of not releasing pictures of weapon systems.

Whats even more interesting is that they are equally poor in maintaining PR on internet and military magazines. Although, some sections of military websites are updated regularly, but they never bother reading any email.

Long time ago, I contacted ISPR for a typos error in their website's footer, as expected they never replied:(

Inter Services Pubilc Relations, Pakistan

Najam artowrk. You forgot to check Info pool thread, it's posted 3 weeks back!

I did, :) I know its Najam Sb's!
Just mentioning that these are being quoted by various international sources and forums now!
This is something good for us at PDF. One of our members have made it this far, it is really honour working with him and being part of one same platform!

Pakistani military has always been very "old school" when it comes to release such information. Security situation of the country has played its equal part in their excuse of not releasing pictures of weapon systems.

I was going to receive Flight suit/Flight Jacket from a friend as promised on Eid. But, during the last moment the Group Captain said that this is not possible, even officers are facing tough challenges in getting spare uniforms due to the recent security issues.
Long time ago, I contacted ISPR for a typos error in their website's footer, as expected they never replied:(
ISPR will never reply you, but they do read your E-Mails and if appropriate, act upon it.

Regarding typos, anyone remember the previous DEPO website, in AK section where they wrote "cursing range" instead of "cruising range"? That was just lol :D

When much advance aircrafts like Rafael and Eurofighter photos of various loads and configurations are released officially, my heart burns.

When most secretive plane on earth, F-22 videos are released showing extreme manuevering and firing weapons and mediocre aircrats like JF-17 doesnot have guts to shows 7 weapons or other payload of offensive/defensive nature on it's hardpoints, my heart turns in to coal

When PAF JF-17 program director can leak sensitive news of weapon integration to kanwa and air international magazine ( why disclose such news? Why not keep enemy in doubt that JF-17 can only fire dud missiles of WW2 era) and FC-1 videos come up on net showing C-802 and SD10 hanging with it,,, then why PAF dont stop such non state actors from displaying true strength of PAF so enemy keepsguessing and dont know what to expect! Than my coal heart starts to burn badly

But when you comeup with your typical establishment BS without any logical reasoning. Than i get a severe heart attack.

brother i totally agree with your points ,
with every coming day this project is looking more and more gloomy ...
reality is that JF-17 hasn't tested any BVR's yet , same is about laser guided bombs or missiles ....
no new development can be seen , looks like russians have blocked the supply of engines and other related stuff ...

I Disagree witha few points made in the article my Aeronaut. Here

However, in the present day neither the US nor Russia are able to offer their clients what they had been able to sell fordecades: an affordable export fighter.

What About F-18, F16-B52 Su-30 and Mig 35 ?
I guess F18s and Mig 35s are for more "Affordable" than Rafales ... ( MMRCA , India )

So Its NOT About Affordability rather Availability.

I guess F18s and Mig 35s are for more "Affordable" than Rafales ... ( MMRCA , India )

both and add politics!

Affordability is not only about sparing money to procure the system.
The training of crew, development of infrastructure, ability to keep the system flying and operational as plan, ensuring uninterrupted supply of spares and designated weapons systems, ability to use the system without any restriction and checks, all these are some of the points that determine whether a country can AFFORD to go for a certain system from a certain supplier!

its both
even we get them we will need a lot of $$$ to maintain them operational
and we are always short of money

it's not weight what we need to worry, it's all about SPEED!

JF-17 is slower than F-16...

But for general purpose it far better than F-16, just because economically viable and affordable to exclude F-16 from routine guarding and it used as backbone and we don't need rely on someone else shoulder's!

from Pak-def

The third Sqd of JF-17 for PAF has been established and made operational. According to the Russian media, the original contract for the fighter's RD-93 engine covered 100 powerplants with an option for 500 more, and an uprated 20,500-lb.-thrust version, the RD-93MA, is under development. Meanwhile, one JF-17 is reported to be flying in China with the Guizhou WS-13 engine.

Block I serial production of JF-17 has concluded.

PAF has not yet finalized that FC-20/J-10B deal but the Pakistani FC-20/J-10B version differs from the original in featuring an AESA radar, IRST, a diverterless inlet and underwing fairings that point to an improved electronic-warfare suite.

Technologically, the FC-20/J-10B may be a stepping-stone to the J-20 and J-31. The status of China's stealth program has not become much clearer since the surprise appearance of the heavyweight J-20 at the end of 2010.

As Mominkhan noted PAF might become the very first operator of J-31.

Despite their different shapes and sizes, the J-20 and J-31 are similar in that they appear to have advanced beyond the stage of being pure technology demonstrators. Both are larger than the J-10, pointing to a future three-level force mix for PAF and PLAAF.

So, Third Squadron of Thunder is up. Can anyone tell me where this squadron has been stationed and which earlier one has been replaced by this?

Thanks in Advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom