What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be interesting but they did spend money on 20 F-16 Blk 52s to be reviec in 2013/2014 I am not sure why morsi did not cancel those orders and why morsi not cancel 200 M1A1s Abrams to be received in 2013, the way I see it there is some external pressure on egyptian government.

these are FMS grant sales (Aid)

^guys pl stick to JFT only......pretty please!

and then they signed new deal worth 170mn$ for five years on 21 Mar 2013 :D

they didn't dear mafia and they signed new deal in 2013

why not my dear sir . btw remember money talks which we don't have these days otherwise Sweden will sure open a red light club of nude dance of Swedish girls in lahore daimound market :partay: let alone sale us defense equipment . why we are so unsecured abut defense deals ? just because we can't pay these days ?

Saab 2000 AEW customer signs five-year support deal

Flightglobal - Saab 2000 AEW customer signs five-year support deal | Recreational Flying

http://officialdealer.eu/index.php?topic=14371.0

SAAB 2000 AEW CUSTOMER SIGNS FIVE-YEAR SUPPORT DEAL | Article - Thu 21 Mar 2013 04:58:00 PM UTC | airsoc.com, reach for the sky.

Saab signs five-year extension deal with Braathens... - Silobreaker

Saab 2000 AEW customer signs five-year support deal - Finanzen100

Weapon exports to other markets, including Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Thailand, continued in 2009, ISP said. Sweden banned new arms sales to Pakistan in 2007, but continues to fulfill contract obligations relating to Erieye, said Andreas Ekman, the ISP's director general.

"We continue to honor contracts agreed before 2007 until they run out," said Ekman.

Swedish Arms Exports Rose 7 Percent in 2009 | Defense News | defensenews.com

What is the "sunnah of Allah", Sir? I am confused. I thought that sunnah were the ways and deeds of the dear prophet Muhammad PBUH?

Read the behavior of sahaba in ghazwa e badar and ghazwa e ohad. Then you'll learn the sunna of Allah. Sunna of Allah means the rules Allah has created to get your interests done from him. For example we cry about our economy, Allah has said in Quran (mafhoom) "Whoever denies zikar ulAllah, Allah decends his economy." this is sunnat of Allah. Another example. We cry for khilafat. Allah has given us the rule. (mafhoom). " If you develope Emman and do good deeds, Allah promises you to make you khalifa on Earth." This is sunna of Allah.
Another example.
The rule is " When these Kuffar threat to attack you, or any other part of muslim territory then all muslims should prepare for their best and engage enemy, and if you do so it is guaranteed that you'll win." We took to national interest leaving these golden rules. The result is we have 40000 Killed. thousands disabled. A dead economy. And all military programs delayed. We are standing there where musharaf gave us false idea of becoming a so called modern state. After all we are a doomed state.
This is sunna of Allah.

well.. i have taken heavy beating from u guys over n over again for saying this.. i had even been dubbed as false flager but what can i say ... i can't help stop loving that bird... SU-30MKK(MKI indian version) is one of the most versatile and high performance aircraft ever produced.... its our bad luck that its on our enemy side. We should have done maximum in our capacity to acquire such aircraft... even though thunder is a lovely bird but i still hope and wish we go for j-15 of china... to some how compensate the absence of such a worthy beast in our inventory.

well.. i have taken heavy beating from u guys over n over again for saying this.. i had even been dubbed as false flager but what can i say ... i can't help stop loving that bird... SU-30MKK(MKI indian version) is one of the most versatile and high performance aircraft ever produced.... its our bad luck that its on our enemy side. We should have done maximum in our capacity to acquire such aircraft... even though thunder is a lovely bird but i still hope and wish we go for j-15 of china... to some how compensate the absence of such a worthy beast in our inventory.

Though you are right about MKI, but its era about to be over in 10 - 15 years. We should look into some stealth project instead, its not good thing to put money in at least 25 year old platform now.

Though you are right about MKI, but its era about to be over in 10 - 15 years. We should look into some stealth project instead, its not good thing to put money in at least 25 year old platform now.
I agree. Investing in good 4/4.5 Gen aircraft (like F-16) would be good and light for 10-12 years. But a one large time investment in 5th Generation would be good for 25 years atleast.

Mysteriously, after the crash of JF-17 in 2011, Program suddenly slowed down. 3rd squadron keep getting delayed, no sign of block-2. Block-2 is delayed almost a year.

All the static tests and 200 percent load test on JF-17 was done in mid to late 2012 but these tests were to be wrapped up before July-August 2012 so Block 2 production could start but that didn't happened

Something is definitely wrong behind the scenes.

And it's 1.5 years now after the crash, PAF still hasn't disclosed the probable cause of JF-17 crash which means bird strike theory propogated by usual insiders was a hogwash just like All SAAB's are safe theory was a hogwash.

And in recent interviews JF-17 project director ignored or avoided to answer why 3rd squadron or Block 2 is kept getting delayed, which shows something is not right

Funding is not an excuse, PAF could have get more loan from China.

Empty pockets...

JF-17 has a dedicated budget pool plus the loans from chinese. Empty pockets is not an excuse. We had a worse economy in 2010 and 2011 yet we raised two squadrons. Things slowdown only after the crash.

JF-17 has a dedicated budget pool plus the loans from chinese. Empty pockets is not an excuse. We had a worse economy in 2010 and 2011 yet we raised two squadrons. Things slowdown only after the crash.

If the onus of taking decision to choose fighters for PAF lies with me, I would have gone for J-10 instead of investing a penny in Jf-17. J-10 can be termed as a good multi-role fighter. Though PAF will not get J-10B any time in near future, they could have gone with less advanced J-10A and could have license produced it. With each J-10A costing $15 million more than Jf-17, it's ability is more than twice of Jf-17. Jf-17 at present, to me is not good enough to match the present threat perception. I know nothing about blk-2 upgrades, as it has never been officially declared by the concerned authority. Take action to sustain in the future instead of waiting for a program to deliver.

What I mean, IAF is doing same. Tejas still has drag issues which resulting in higher time to accelerate from Mach 1 to Mach 1.5 Higher time to complete a loop,etc. Though it's other features are up to mark, because of drag issue, it can't yet become a reliable point interception fighter. Thus IAF is going for other fighters to fill the gap instead of waiting for it to mature.

If the onus of taking decision to choose fighters for PAF lies with me, I would have gone for J-10 instead of investing a penny in Jf-17. J-10 can be termed as a good multi-role fighter. Though PAF will not get J-10B any time in near future, they could have gone with less advanced J-10A and could have license produced it. With each J-10A costing $15 million more than Jf-17, it's ability is more than twice of Jf-17. Jf-17 at present, to me is not good enough to match the present threat perception. I know nothing about blk-2 upgrades, as it has never been officially declared by the concerned authority. Take action to sustain in the future instead of waiting for a program to deliver.

What I mean, IAF is doing same. Tejas still has drag issues which resulting in higher time to accelerate from Mach 1 to Mach 1.5 Higher time to complete a loop,etc. Though it's other features are up to mark, because of drag issue, it can't yet become a reliable point interception fighter. Thus IAF is going for other fighters to fill the gap instead of waiting for it to mature.

The main issue of J-10 is engine and funding.

Mysteriously, after the crash of JF-17 in 2011, Program suddenly slowed down. 3rd squadron keep getting delayed, no sign of block-2. Block-2 is delayed almost a year.

All the static tests and 200 percent load test on JF-17 was done in mid to late 2012 but these tests were to be wrapped up before July-August 2012 so Block 2 production could start but that didn't happened

Something is definitely wrong behind the scenes.

And it's 1.5 years now after the crash, PAF still hasn't disclosed the probable cause of JF-17 crash which means bird strike theory propogated by usual insiders was a hogwash just like All SAAB's are safe theory was a hogwash.

And in recent interviews JF-17 project director ignored or avoided to answer why 3rd squadron or Block 2 is kept getting delayed, which shows something is not right

Funding is not an excuse, PAF could have get more loan from China.

A couple of theories were doing the rounds about that crash.

One was that the JFT was going at very high speed and it disintegrated at low altitude, but disintegration doesn't really give you a concentrated area of impact, the silhouette was still distinguishable at the crash site.

Bird strike was another cause discussed and it seems plausible. Maybe the pilot glided his plane into that area after the bird strike.

BUt I agree with the general opinion that something is proving to be a hitch nowadays with the JFT program...money, diplomacy or something. All we can do is wait and watch!:pop:

A couple of theories were doing the rounds about that crash.

One was that the JFT was going at very high speed and it disintegrated at low altitude, but disintegration doesn't really give you a concentrated area of impact, the silhouette was still distinguishable at the crash site.

Bird strike was another cause discussed and it seems plausible. Maybe the pilot glided his plane into that area after the bird strike.

BUt I agree with the general opinion that something is proving to be a hitch nowadays with the JFT program...money, diplomacy or something. All we can do is wait and watch!:pop:

So bird strike crashes too become confidential in PAF that they can't disclose it to general public

So bird strike crashes too become confidential in PAF that they can't disclose it to general public

Real reasons are kept secret most of the times...not that I have any qualms about it.

Sometimes it is a bird strike, sometimes it isn't.

Real reasons are kept secret most of the times...not that I have any qualms about it.

Sometimes it is a bird strike, sometimes it isn't.

Yet F-22 crash reports are released to public. Irony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom