What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't seem to have anything new, the black & white spots under the aircraft seems to be some kind of plastic related material/tape used for some aerodynamic / structural testing. They are placed at certain locations most probably holding some kind of sensors used to check flow of air around the aircraft or some other structural / aerodynamic testing. Below are pics of LCA & J-20 with same kind of markings, suggesting these tapes hold some sensors. Pt-06 has come out of load testing on the ground, now may be other tests happening in the air to see other related stuff or some new stuff.

LCA:
http://idp.justthe80.com/_/rsrc/132...11.jpg.1322837000607.jpg?height=300&width=400

J-20:
Imageshack - jx3cu.jpg

Below is detailed article with pics of F/A-18 with similar stuff on the wings holding sensors testing the AAW.

NASA

Taimi..thanks for crashing the party :P

Only difference I see is the extended antena in the nose cone. White thing on the wings looks like some kind of paint probably to look for cracks (??), nothing new in the nose all these compartment covers are alreadythere only this time painted/marked white.

the rear of the plane does look different

Two yellow spikes under the nose doesn't seem to be new. In Prototype 6 photo they are yellow but similar components existed in JFT arleady.

Yellow spikes are just IFF antennae, nothing new.

Making a mountain out of a molehill comes natural to some members here.
Thankfully saner minds prevail.
When Najam had said clearly in his posts about the load testing, it should have been obvious that these are sensors for that.

Making a mountain out of a molehill comes natural to some members here.
Thankfully saner minds prevail.
When Najam had said clearly in his posts about the load testing, it should have been obvious that these are sensors for that.

Not everyone is as knowledgeable as you or Najam, therefore i just guessed on my part which proved to be wrong.

Not everyone is as knowledgeable as you or Najam, therefore i just guessed on my part which proved to be wrong.

Well, wasnt exactly pointing to you.. but rather the usual lot that harps on a stealthy block-II as if its the F-35 reincarnated.

Depends on airframe attrition, while 14sq operates some of the oldest F-7 airframes while having the crucial task of the defense of the capital it may have to wait.
Shahbaz no longer has any mirages present as all of 5th sq assets have been dispersed with other squadrons that operate the type.
Currently the PAF wants to keep the JF-17 concentrated up north for logistics costs purposes as any base in the south would demand logistics expansion which the PAF does not have the finances to undertake.
So it is possible that either Rafiqui will have a Mirage sq replaced or 14sq may be given JF-17's(where its F-7's then get dispersed among the remaining sq).
The south will have to contend with having the top of the line 5th sq as its primary tip of the spear.

Hmm, but as the JF-17 numbers go up, like in a year or two, PAF will have to put them south, so why cash issue then? Shouldn't this have been budgeted/accounted for like years ago?

@Nabil the pics proved the 200% load test as reported by some other members...

Hmm, but as the JF-17 numbers go up, like in a year or two, PAF will have to put them south, so why cash issue then? Shouldn't this have been budgeted/accounted for like years ago?

there is a 4-5 year plan for making 'payments' to the supplier but if the govt. dosnt make the 'funds' available on time/schedule (like now-a-days) then you get delays.

@Nabil the pics proved the 200% load test as reported by some other members...

What are the implications of the 200% load test? I am assuming it is dynamic loading they did. I assume they will add another tonne or two of payload? I.e. 5 tonne or 6 tonne carrying capacity. … … and the engine is being uprated. This is all good news for the fighter.

or they could choose to split the extra “strength” and use some to add tonnage and then some to add life (fatigue).

541156_279521992165620_1761498203_n.jpg

engine upgrade?

The rd93ma?

If true than even 92kn of thrust is good

i don't think that there is any eminent upgrade of engine ,
according one source we are in discussion with russia to provide us with latest series of these engines that have TVC and thrust of about 100 kn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom