What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such hardware and software upgrades in block 2, would it make T&E of block 2 and training pilots on it longer and cause another delay in introducing it in to PAF?

The war is not going to be initiated in near future, Having good package is better than going for expensive upgrades. We can wait for a year more for block 2,

Such hardware and software upgrades in block 2, would it make T&E of block 2 and training pilots on it longer and cause another delay in introducing it in to PAF?

I Think is a combination of T&E and certain other upgrades that were meant for later but are being put in now. Pilot training with the simulator alone approach may also be a factor. With procedures being updated and curriculum revised for the average trainee and not the experienced pilot.

And you know what, I favor the PaF approach here. Pick up a platform developed by a more advanced country, but make sure development includes your specifications, so that the platform is developed tailormade for you.

India's objectives for LCA were different, to get a technical know how and advancement.. The wrong thing our Babus did was to make an operational need (replacement of Mig 21s) dependent on the output of that R&D project.

Hi,

You are right---the BABUS were at fault in your country---and also the egos of a lots of PhD's was at stake as well. Another issue was that it the the govt's money---if it was private sectors money---it would have never happened.

The state was put together by the engineers and BABUS and politicians---everybody saw an oppurtunity to take a dip in the free for all---it was free money . You asked for more---you got more---and then you asked for some more money and you got more money---.

The govt was stuck---it had to do it out of embarrassment---the funds had to be doled out to save the face of the govt---lest the people say---how could you idiots fall for that.

The govt was cornered well by the Babus.

Hi,

You are right---the BABUS were at fault in your country---and also the egos of a lots of PhD's was at stake as well. Another issue was that it the the govt's money---if it was private sectors money---it would have never happened.

The state was put together by the engineers and BABUS and politicians---everybody saw an oppurtunity to take a dip in the free for all---it was free money . You asked for more---you got more---and then you asked for some more money and you got more money---.

The govt was stuck---it had to do it out of embarrassment---the funds had to be doled out to save the face of the govt---lest the people say---how could you idiots fall for that.

The govt was cornered well by the Babus.

That is the nature of most if not all R&D projects. Now whether India should have done it or not is a separate discussion, but what they should certainly have not done was to link Mig 21 replacement to LCA success.

The only saving grace, where this discussion started really, was that in parallel India went into the Su 30 MKI Project with an approach similar to what PAF did with JF 17. Got a platform customized to their needs by a technically superior country to plug the gap in the inventory and improved on the platform significantly..

Got a platform customized to their needs by a technically superior country to plug the gap in the inventory and improved on the platform significantly..

Hold on that's a long shot "SUPERIOR COUNTRY" had it been the case you wouldn't need to customize MKI taking it to asking multiple countries for upgrades would ya? Would you get an F-18 and take it to Sweden or UK to upgrade it not a bare min chance.

@Oscar, would you enlighten this "superior country" notion by mr. karan.1970

Last edited by a moderator:
Hold on that's a long shot "SUPERIOR COUNTRY" had it been the case you wouldn't need to customize MKI taking it to asking multiple countries for upgrades would ya? Would you get an F-18 and take it to Sweden or UK to upgrade it not a bare min chance.

@Oscar, would you enlighten this "superior country" notion by mr. karan.1970

So are you saying Russia is not a technically superior country to India ?? :woot:

Never thought a Pakistani would say that about INdia :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So are you saying Russia is not a technically superior country to India ?? :woot:

Never thought a Pakistani would say that about INdia :)

You did not catch it you are completely adrift and totally took my post in a wrong way, and I am not going to bring MKI discussion into this Thread know that if russians had a superior product you wouldn't be taking it to various nations for upgrades.

You did not catch it you are completely adrift and totally took my post in a wrong way, and I am not going to bring MKI discussion into this Thread know that if russians had a superior product you wouldn't be taking it to various nations for upgrades.

Let me clarify what I meant so that there is no unnecessary confusion.

What I mean is that Russia is a much more technically advanced country than India, specially in the field of weapons and aircrafts. Hence it was a right decision for India to take a platform developed by Russia and get it customized to its own needs. Pretty much similar to what Pakistan did with China(technically superior to Pakistan) and JF 17, with an exception of the fact that unlike Su 30 MKI where India picked up an existing platform and modified it, in JF 17, Pakistan got involved much earlier in the product development life cycle and was able to bake in its requirements at the design stage only, reducing the need for post development customization..

Do you find anything wrong in what I said ?

JF-17 in china.

rBScJXp.jpg

二龙美图 - æ*¼20军迷之家 - 战略论坛 - Powered by Discuz!

What were the effects of jf-17 crash?
Did it revealed some short commings in design, or in airframe or quality of manufacturing?
the program slowed down after this crash.

According to H Khan JF-17 two seat variant is NOT a paf requirement.

It was envisaged specifically for the Radars as the PAF was looking for additional A2G modes that the KLJ-7 did not have at the time. The MICA was just an additional cherry to get as it would make an excellent Dogfight missile. However, the modes for the KLJ-7 were introduced anyway which solved the problem while the SD-10 is a missile that has performed beyond expectations of the PAF. So there really is not much of a loss.

Hi,

That is not true---the loss has been immense of time and oppurtunity and technology---. In time wise---at least 5 to 8 years of loss---in technology--instead if tier 1 A++ technology, electronics and A to A weapons---we settle for tier B+++ technology, weapons systems and missiles.

A totally unproven first time weapons systems ( chinese ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom