What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the center fuselage? to me it looks likes the wing pylon

its center pylon. Angle of the pic makes look like its on the wing. 08-106 is the only one loaded with the 2000lb bomb, rest of the aircraft are carrying 2 bombs one each on its wing pylons.

It was a 4 aircraft formation with 3 having smaller Mk-82 bombs and 1 08-106 with the heavier 2000lb bomb.

its center pylon. Angle of the pic makes look like its on the wing. 08-106 is the only one loaded with the 2000lb bomb, rest of the aircraft are carrying 2 bombs one each on its wing pylons.

It was a 4 aircraft formation with 3 having smaller Mk-82 bombs and 1 08-106 with the heavier 2000lb bomb.

Taimi Sb,
Welcome back .. long time.

Is that the center fuselage? to me it looks likes the wing pylon

jf-17_thunder_mark-84_high_mark2010.jpg

Well in Dubai airshow as like the last time,They reveal more info about Future plans of JFT than even in Zhuhai

I am expecting Official info of Future JFT batch 2 to be revealed to public,And any other related future Plan aswell

While carrying one 2000lb bomb it is unable to carry any air to to air missile or external fuel.

it can carry air to air and fuel tanks as well with this bomb load. but there is no point in carrying any of those as in this picture, the mission was to go out and drop the bomb and come back home.

Why then, the same pylon is limited to carrying 800L fuel tank? Anyone?

The same reasons that applies to most fighters, size restrictions! Keep in mind that the centerline station often is right between the gear bays, which means the load you carry can't be too wide nor too long to interfere with the gears. That's why many fighters have to carry smaller centerline fuel tanks, or lighter payloads than they could carry at the wings. So you have to consider both, weight limit and size restrictions of the hardpoint.

I have read that chapter. my question is regarding the same. In one place the central hardpoint of JF17 is shown to carry a 1000 kg bomb. That means its load carrying capacity should be atleast 1000 kg. Why then, the same pylon is limited to carrying 800L fuel tank? Anyone?

In addition to the above Q, what is the gross weight of the fuel tank?, 800L fuel capacity + 200-220kg container weight. am i right?.

In addition to the above Q, what is the gross weight of the fuel tank?, 800L fuel capacity + 200-220kg container weight. am i right?.
not sure about the container weight. It won't matter anyways since the weight of 800L fuel will around 630 Kg. So weight of tank + fuel should still be around 800 kg. 
The source is famous for releasing photoshopped pics. Anyways, I believe taimi khan's pic. It seems convincing enough.

I am not learned enough to be the judge of that. But the source has released lots of PSed pics in past.

The source is a respected member of this forum and unofficial photographer of PAF and Psed photos are easily recognizable. The pic you quoted is a genuine photo of an recent national exercise in which JF-17 participated

Since you are not learned enough, you don't be judgemental about the source too.

The source is a respected member of this forum and unofficial photographer of PAF and Psed photos are easily recognizable. The pic you quoted is a genuine photo of an recent national exercise in which JF-17 participated

Since you are not learned enough, you don't be judgemental about the source too.
Please stop boring me.

Please stop boring me.

You should respect senior members on this forum. This is not some cheap bharat forum.

No. 14 Squadron "Tail Choppers" (based at PAFB Kamra-Minhas) currently flying the F-7P will be the third JF-17 Blk 1 squadron. It is expected to be raised by February 2014 and will have an initial strength of around 8-10 aircraft.

A total of 50+1 Blk 1 production kits (exc. 8 SBP and 2 produced in China) were delivered as of 31 December 2012. Around 45 of the 51 have been produced.

45 (inc. 8 SBP and 2 produced in China) are currently in PAF service. Both Blk 1 squadrons [No. 26 (MR & OCU) based at Peshawar and No. 16 (MR) based at Kamra-Minhas] have 20 aircraft each. A flight test unit (of the third squadron) is also operational with 5 aircraft.

Once the third squadron is raised, No. 16 Panthers will be re-equipped and relocated to PAFB Peshawar. The 8 SBP aircraft currently in service with the Panthers will be transferred to the third JF-17 squadron.

Block 2: Blk 2 production hasn't started yet. Five squadrons (with 18 each) are planned. These 90 aircraft are part of the 150 order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom