What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Can we just not waste time on this and move on? The Fake news of this year.

Some correction here, the range of KLJ-7V2 is more than 170KM, and it's supposed to guide PL15 not to mention SD10A.

With similar range, the size of KLJ-7V2 is smaller than APG-81.

I can't wait to see JF17 BLkIII with Pl15.

With AESA radar and VLRAAM, even a light platform like JF17 can give su30 MKI a bloody nose.
I somewhere read on this vary forum that KLJ-7V2 has a range of 130- 140 km, are you talking block-2 radar or future KLJ series of AESAo_O

China Introduces New AESA Radar for FC-1 Fighter Jet

BEIJING, Nov. 22 (ChinaMil) -- The China Central Television (CCTV) recently broadcast a story introducing the new radars developed by the No.14 Research Institute of China Electronics Technology Group Corporation (CETGC), which is considered as the birthplace of China's radar industry.

Through the show and the recent public information, we may discover that the radars developed by that institute cover land, sea, air and space platforms.

In terms of functions, the radars include airborne fire control radar, air-based early warning radar, anti-aircraft, anti-missile, gun detection and other fields.

A number of the familiar large equipment and many new models such as Chinese domestic aircraft carriers, new destroyers and anti-stealth radar are inextricably linked with this institute. Some of the exported models also passed real combat tests in foreign countries.

Advanced radar boosts FC-1 Xiaolong's combat capacity

The show first reported the light active phased array radar used to improve the FC-1 Xiaolong fighter jet. The radar can track multiple batches of maneuvering targets over more than 100 kilometers.

Although CCTV did not disclose the model of the radar, according to the information previously disclosed at the Zhuhai Air Show, this type of airborne radar should be KLJ-7A active phased array fire control radar with a detection range of about 170 kilometers. It is based on KLJ-7 model with active phased array technology.

An anonymous military expert said that with the active phased array technology, the detection range of FC-1 Xiaolong has reached or even exceeded that of the J-11B heavy fighter jet which uses flat-panel crack antenna pulse doppler radar.

The anti-jamming performance and the anti-reconnaissance performance of the new radar are much better compared with that of the mechanical scanning radar on the third-generation fighter jet.

The new radar has similar performance with F-35 strike fighter's radar. FC-1 Xiaolong fighter jet with the new radar may have a certain extent of advantage at mid-range confrontation with the F-16C / D fighting falcon (not equipped with active phased array radar) and even the basic F-15C / D heavy eagle fighter.

The latest models of Chinese fighter jets such as J-20, J-16, J-10 and J-11 series have used the active phased array radar.

Thanks to its larger nose, more transceivers can be installed to improve the detection distance. High-end fighters equipped with these radars are bound to have more new technologies, more modes, and better performance.

http://www.deagel.com/news/China-Introduces-New-AESA-Radar-for-FC-1-Fighter-Jet_n000017185.aspx

Detection Range is always way less than conventional range of a radar. So, detection range of 170km means its general range is more than that.

"Comparison with current Radar installed on SU-30Mki"

N011M has a search range of 400 km and a tracking range of 200 km, with 60 km in the rear in the air-to-air mode. Detection range fighter type MIG-29 in area of review of over 300 sq. deg: - on towards course - up to 140 km; - in pursuit of - up to 60 km. Up to 15 air targets can be tracked at once in track while scan mode with 4 of these engaged at once

The Oem for bars radar has published stats and it clearly states against fighter search and Tracking

The above stats are all hooha ploy

Go to the radar Oem site and get the stats
Move on

The Oem for bars radar has published stats and it clearly states against fighter search and Tracking

The above stats are all hooha ploy

Go to the radar Oem site and get the stats
Move on
Bother to mention link plz, i tried but no success!!

Plus, may you point out whats hooha ploy above as i didn't mentioned from myself, got info about SU-30 from its own page.

Can we just not waste time on this and move on? The Fake news of this year.

Some correction here, the range of KLJ-7V2 is more than 170KM, and it's supposed to guide PL15 not to mention SD10A.

With similar range, the size of KLJ-7V2 is smaller than APG-81.

I can't wait to see JF17 BLkIII with Pl15.

With AESA radar and VLRAAM, even a light platform like JF17 can give su30 MKI a bloody nose.

Search range of klj7 aesa is well over 250km. Detection range is 170 for rcs5m2 target.

Screenshot_2018-01-12-01-47-33.png

Bother to mention link plz, i tried but no success!!

Plus, may you point out whats hooha ploy above as i didn't mentioned from myself, got info about SU-30 from its own page.

I have posted it multiple times in this forum check it search for it

Even f-16 app-68 range in search only is 300 km for say Boeing type aircraft target but for interception then it’s a different story ;)

Last edited:
Search range of klj7 aesa is well over 250km. Detection range is 170 for rcs5m2 target.

View attachment 447614
Will JF17 BLKIII apply more composite materials on its fuselage to reduce weight?

JF17 is a fighter jet bring Pakistan/China/Russia together, it's a successful project not only per militarily, also politically.

@CombatSurgeon can you tell me that why you think that JF can't fire SD-10 what your source or just your assumption remember JF have a radar of j-10 (scale down) which compatible of firing SD-10/PL-12 think logically Mr @CombatSurgeon :angry:
Pakistan MODP has bought 39X SD-10A Launchers for thunders last year. Why would they buy the kit if thunders can't fire SD-10A?

No SD-10 capability so far. Reasons I wouldn't comment for security implications. Yet Thunders tearing the skies with flying colors day and night since a full decade! As the gonzo talk goes here: Abhi tak hamarey hawabaaz sirf ghantay chaap rahay hain!
When we brought Vipers Blk 52s to Shahbaz, we put them into full ADA duty the next week, full multi-shot AMRAAM capability besides other things for the first time ever in our history. That's what a mature platform brings into the foray. As a side note and as Mastan Sb loves to say time and again, Mirage-2000s would've given us this ability a decade earlier plus the MICA-IR with HMS had we gone that route. Plus the prospects of a future buy of Rafale too. Plz, mark my words: MICA-IR is doubtlessly the best IR missile in play today, far superior than AIM-9X, IRIS-T, A-Darter, Python 5 blah blah blah. Vipers still lack Gen 5 missiles and probably wouldn't never get at all.
The thinking in PAF top ranks goes like this: Why buy a heat seeker for the price of a BVR missile? No doubt, they would wait for the PL-10 and then spend another decade, trying to improve upon it all the while IAF and IN would be top players in WVR warfare with their MICAs, Archers etc. In BVR, they already have got a head start, though not an edge I would say. We love to boast about our close range combat superiority. It'd be eroded too if things proceed in their current state.
Holy Nonsense!I'm saying you! The conspiracy theory you cast out is not only insulting PAF, but also PLAAF intellectual property. SD10A/PL12 and PL10 had been in service for quite a while in PLAAF, PAF won't take it if its no good. We fly jF17 days and nights for 365 days in CAC testing all kinds of Weapon system, do you think we are sleeping there?

Either PAF is idiot or you are exaggerating. The PLAAF pilots attending the Shaheen IV said PAF pilots are one of the most professional talents pool in its field, means they won't carry anything that is not operational in their sorties.

All weapons system delivered to PAF are mature ones or its derivatives used by PLAAF, and tested on JF17 in China for integration (with PAF personnel together participation) before delivered to Pakistan. The inducting procedure is highly strict and professional.

This is serious.

Even f-16 app-68 range in search only is 300 km for say Boeing type aircraft target but for interception then it’s a different story ;)
With due respect sir, I also mentioned the same above for KLJ 7 aesa & SU30mki radar's searching & detecting range. There wasn't any hooha ploy, sbould have learnt the whole post.

Search ranges are always comparative figures for example search range of AWACS are 600kms plus does it means that they are better? Mki is a huge fighter aircraft and accordingly have a bigger radar with more power and hence increased detection range but at a cost of increased rcs low maneuverability and less nimble... It is an easy target for BVR missiler in comparison to light weight fighters

If radar range had been the only key criteria then it is very easy to increase the size of radar and plane and range will increase automatically...

Wars do not happen based on paper specs and one to one contest... It's not a d**k measuring contest

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom