What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Looks like dual 23mm cannon? I was led to believe it only had 1 gun?
I think it depends on the nature of the mission...1 cannon plus 1 center line fuel tank, 2 AAMs/2BVR AAMS or 4BVR AAMs for CAP or air superiority missions or 2 cannons plus center line FLIR pod, 2 500lb bombs, 2 rocket pods and 2 AAMs for self defense on ground attack missions.

The confusion/difference in two different numbers is because of the wingtip rails. Missile fins are never included in wingspan.

Do you have the Janes article or is it a third source quoting Janes?

The drawing is just fan art. Nothing to be taken seriously

it's not a dual cannon, rather twin barrel cannon

The confusion/difference in two different numbers is because of the wingtip rails. Missile fins are never included in wingspan.

it's not a dual cannon, rather twin barrel cannon
8.5m vs 9.5m difference in wingspan is not due to including or excluding the wingtip rails. @khanasifm is going off incorrect information regarding the wingspan change from block 1/2 to 3 and I am just trying to correct him by showing it was always been 9.5m or abouts. It will be clear soon enough anyways once the block 3 is shown this year or next.

Probably in Pod format initially, however energy weapons on JF-17 are likely in very distant future. Chinese will have to be willing to share the tech once the have it on J-20 or other 5th gen.

PAF was really tightlipped on this crash, pilot got disoriented.

If that was the reason then must be an OBOGS problem might be reported and another question arise if he disoriented then how does he managed to eject safely.

If that was the reason then must be an OBOGS problem might be reported and another question arise if he disoriented then how does he managed to eject safely.

If I am not wrong JF-17 don't have OBOGS installed, instead it use Oxygen cylinder.

Is there any Chinese laser weapons that can be integrated on JF-17?

With Laser if you mean direct energy weapon then by the time such weapon which can be given to Pakistan and can be used with RD93 power and can fit in JF-17 size plane is made I don't think there will be any significant life left on JF-17. Such a weapon is a thing of distant future.

My understanding is that OBOGS was being tested on JF-17 about 3-5 years ago, not sure of the results.

GSh-23 is a twin barrelled gun:
6AF99A7D-8887-4FC9-806F-41F6DB9526D9.jpeg

Okay i meant "dual" as two barrels. Got 3 responses correcting my misuse of words.

Back
Top Bottom