What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Hopefully full sqr will be inducted before end of year
The squadron is already functioning. Official ceremonies can wait. Perhaps PAF did not want to take the limelight away from the J10 or reduce the significance of JFT which is why it did not induct Block 3.

Over Islamabad..................

1647285857977.png

1647285906126.png

BLock 3 has tested WS13 E in china. When asked why not in pakistan. Because thats where manufacturing is done and testbed test engines. Its not tested in pakistan yet

Forget RD93 MA. WS13 e is gonna be the future engine of jf-17. Baseline RD93 is sufficient for block 3. PAF not going for MA. Pakistan AF has access to both rd93 and ws13 e.- PAF REP in DEPO stall @ dimdex-2022

BLock 3 has tested WS13 E in china. When asked why not in pakistan. Because thats where manufacturing is done and testbed test engines. Its not tested in pakistan yet

Forget RD93 MA. WS13 e is gonna be the future engine of jf-17. Baseline RD93 is sufficient for block 3. PAF not going for MA. Pakistan AF has access to both rd93 and ws13 e.- PAF REP in DEPO stall @ dimdex-2022
I have long supported this position. It would make my day to see the switch. Seeing WS-10 program progress to WS-10B & WS-10C has really given much confidence in Chinese engine development. WS-10B equipped J-10CP clinches the argument in favor of WS-13E for use in JF-17. I hope Pakistan gets as much ToT as Chinese are comfortable with imparting to Pakistan, seeing that it is no more cutting edge technology.

I have long supported this position. It would make my day to see the switch. Seeing WS-10 program progress to WS-10B & WS-10C has really given much confidence in Chinese engine development. WS-10B equipped J-10CP clinches the argument in favor of WS-13E for use in JF-17. I hope Pakistan gets as much ToT as Chinese are comfortable with imparting to Pakistan, seeing that it is no more cutting edge technology.
If we have to go for Chinese engine, then rather than going for WS-13E perhaps we should wait for WS-19 engine to be ready. It would most likely enter mass production in the next couple of years. Chinese themselves are using WS-13E (WS-21) as an interim solution on FC-31/J-35 prototypes until WS-19 are ready.
After 2025 we can upgrade our older JF-17 blocks with WS-19 as well.

If we have to go for Chinese engine, then rather than going for WS-13E perhaps we should wait for WS-19 engine to be ready. It would most likely enter mass production in the next couple of years. Chinese themselves are using WS-13E (WS-21) as an interim solution on FC-31/J-35 prototypes until WS-19 are ready.
After 2025 we can upgrade our older JF-17 blocks with WS-19 as well.
WS-13 was specifically developed as an alternative for JF-17, IIRC. It is very close to RD-93 in dimensions, basic design, thrust, etc... The E verson is even better. So, I do not foresee any particular issue in incorporating WS-13E in JF-17. Also, WS-19 or WS-21 (or whatever else) are unknown factors. We must discount them. Also, the latest & greatest tech is going to be markedly more expensive. That would defeat the purpose of having a low cost & light fighter aircraft.

WS-13 was specifically developed as an alternative for JF-17, IIRC. It is very close to RD-93 in dimensions, basic design, thrust, etc... The E version is even better. So, I do not foresee any particular issue in incorporating WS-13E in JF-17. Also, WS-19 or WS-21 (or whatever else) are unknown factors. We must discount them. Also, the latest & greatest tech is going to be markedly more expensive. That would defeat the purpose of having a low cost & light fighter aircraft.
While fully agreeing with you, I would just add that a higher thrust and more importantly longer MTBO and engine life may yet sway PAF's opinion regarding these other engines. These engines however are far away from mass production and therefore we may talk about integration once these are fully available.
A

Sqn. Ldr. Sibtain ! The Hero of Ops Swift Retort roared his JF17 Thunder today over Islamabad!

He is wearing the dazzling Official Thunder Demo Patch by @Arbabfahad321 and 100+ Demo Flights Patch on right arm!
Pakistan Zindabad !!
1648135123918.png

Back
Top Bottom