What's new

JF-17B - EW 'Growler'

There is exactly 0% chance that we will ever see a growler version of JF-17 for the reasons that have been eluded in many prior threads and even in this one by some members.

If PAF desires to have something akin to a Growler, it will have to focus on a twin-engine aircraft under AZM, circa 2035-2040 and use that platform as the basis for specialized variants.

The best JF-17 will ever do is what the F-16 does right now, carry a single self-protection jammer on the centerline, such as the ALQ-131 (18 for F-16C/D), ALQ-211 (22 for MLU'ed F-16AM/BM). Btw, for all the folks, whose favorite pass time is F-16 bashing, these are the only aircraft that carry these defensive armaments that might give them a chance at saving themselves against Indian radars.

Can read more about these self-protection jamming pod on the web. But basically these systems are designed for tactical fighter sized aircraft and provides just enough power for them to deny the use of a particular spectrum of modern radar and weapon systems, so the basically the objective is to spoof the radar and achieve an acceptable miss distance of the incoming missile etc.

jf-17 is already equipped with LD-10,CM-102,MAR-1...why would PAF have purchased these one...

With all its Abilities S 400 is a Weapon Created by Man and its a really really Good Weapon but it also has its limitations , Terrain will have its affect i m not sure about Sardodha , and Badin but Lahore is plane so it will have much better visibility unlike Islamabad
Regarding Swarm of Cruse missiles and drones , Currently Pakistan doesn't have that much inventory of specific drones for that task , Yes it could be created and it will help alot in War time
As these Small , Long range drones can much Larger Area really quickly and if they are able to Stay Up in Air for long Duration can work as Satellite and keep providing update to date Info on specific target or Area
one thing Indian Army will Try to keep its Weapon Safe where these Can be Covered By other Systems as well as can provide cover with Man and Air Force
Current Limitation is Battery as for longer endurance and capability you need you need more battery and bigger air frame even its not a Plane but it still be tracked with modern Radars before they really cause problem
For Swarm Like actions
one thing could be created Smaller Drones with large numbers attack ( Work as Cluster Bomb ) a enemy with specific task to disable the Enemy instead of totally destroying it but for that you can use Military Vehicles need to go closer to enemy as these drones with current Battery as i said limitations of battery and inventory unless Pakistan builds 1000s Than it will be only applicable in true sense that each target gets attacked by 100 smaller drones it wont have the ability of big but devastation will be on much larger area
Unless Pakistan has thousands of Cruise missiles liying in stock that Swarm wont work as these System can target and engage 20 to 40 Targets at same time if PAF tries to attack with 5 or 10 80 % it wont Work
Example of True Drone Swarm now imagine if you send these

Wow , these Intel drones, fireworks of the future!

@CriticalThought

Something along these lines. (excuse the bad serials and wrong tail.. old model)
img00001.JPG
img00002.JPG
img00003.JPG

Few Things you are Mistaken if you re read i said if Pakistan uses Iran , and Afghan airspace not India ,
India will be deploying Mid to High Sam Systems and s400 , operational Range lies from 40 KM to 400KM and if you like to check the distance between Pakistan Afghan border and Indian Border thats 300 to 550 in different areas Mostly with Indian AWACS and Radar Stations india should be able to track everything on Pakistani side which is a big dis advantage thats why i Said if Pakistan is able to make sure india cant deploy these Sam System closer to border it will work wonders in Pakistan's Advantage Pakistan can use Swarm of UCAVS to take out these sites and few others but just raised a point

Dude then you really need to check and measure the border of Pakistan between india and Afghanistan in all areas.
It's not 300 at any single spot no matter how you measure it.

And even in a hypothetical scenario where the distance was actually 300, then just because a system says it has a detection range of 400 it doesn't mean it's going to be erected on the border itself.
Would you put a vital asset of importance on the border? or further away from the border?
I bet they would be smart enough to put it somewhere out of the range of Artillery, MLRS, and Cruise Missiles on the very least?
And it's easy on paper to say a radar system will be able to detect within the enemy territory but its hard and almost impossible to accomplish that without doing so with an aerial platform.

Ever heard of jamming systems they put on the EW platforms? How hard is it to deploy that tech with in ones own borders and on the ground?

Dude then you really need to check and measure the border of Pakistan between india and Afghanistan in all areas.
It's not 300 at any single spot no matter how you measure it.

And even in a hypothetical scenario where the distance was actually 300, then just because a system says it has a detection range of 400 it doesn't mean it's going to be erected on the border itself.
Would you put a vital asset of importance on the border? or further away from the border?
I bet they would be smart enough to put it somewhere out of the range of Artillery, MLRS, and Cruise Missiles on the very least?
And it's easy on paper to say a radar system will be able to detect within the enemy territory but its hard and almost impossible to accomplish that without doing so with an aerial platform.

Ever heard of jamming systems they put on the EW platforms? How hard is it to deploy that tech with in ones own borders and on the ground?
Are you not reading my Text ? and just quoting me for the sake of it
This Area Denial Weapon and Indian army will use it , hell any one would use it i have already said No weapon how accurate they can work 100 % Exactly many things do come into Play Terrain , distance of target Obviously they wont go against Targets which are 400 KMs away as Missile will lose Power in the End and enemy will be able to evade that But you do have to understand that
Lets Say is Inside 100 KM inside Indian Territory , they can still 250 to 300 KM cover inside Pakistan as Most Artillery and MRLS in Pakistan dont have range about 100 KM so in that sense they are safe Yes Babur is another version of tom hawk with terrain hugging but Modern Sams can detect and fight against Cruise missiles as well
it will depend on the capability that Missile in the end and best bet for Pakistan will be to use Swarm just as other we discussed with other poster
and
Please do tell me Which platform in Pakistani inventory has Jamming capabilities which can counter s300 or s400 Mirage , F7 , Thunder , F16 ? Unless you use AWACS

Wow , these Intel drones, fireworks of the future!
Thats how Actual Drone Swarms will Attack

Hi any member can give some info why on earth Pakistan is buying WL2 let’s say if they
Don’t want to use these for taking out targets beyond the easy reach of PAF
So my understanding is at the moment might be a growler kind of jf17 but WL2 long lives
Any senior can input his info will be appreciated
Thank you

then buy something real a heavy fighter like su-24 su-35 j-11 or j-16
Stealth fighter like j-20 Can be very better option?

Hi,

The cheapest option for a EW aircraft is JH7A
Sir is this EW is ready for export

Its better to utilize some JF-17 block-3s as EW in near future due to its better engine, AESA radar, more hardpoints, less RCS
I don't think so that this blk3 has another 2 additional hardpoints

Back
Top Bottom