What's new

Jinnah class guided missile frigate has entered detailed design phase, after completion of conceptual design phase

Like the design. Of note, this model shows something similar to the GWS.35 as the VLS which I think is the standard single shot CAMM-ER launcher. Sadly, it only seems to be 16 cells which leads me to question how much larger these will be vs Babur. In fact, if you zoom into the plaque, it seems to say length of ~115-119 (hard to make it out clearly) which is only 7 - 11 meters longer than Baburs. I dont think i see any real weapons differences between this and Babur, other than the anti-sub rocket propelled depth charges (something like RDC-32 or Type 87). So have we all gotten it wrong by thinking that Jinnah will be larger and more powerful than Baburs, because this doesnt show that to be the case. It does look stealthier, BUT frankly its a bit of a disappointment size wise. I would think a 24 - 32 cell system should have been the goalw with capacity for 16 standard (atmaca or Harpoons class) AShM or 12 Harbah. MDAS however should be able to overcome this issue. If they can get 16 cell MDAS that should be able to quad pack CAMM-ER for 64 missiles. That said it looks to be a slightly shorter Istanbul Class vessel. I doubt the bridge fascade will be a sharp. I suspect, as before, that it will be derivative of the Istanbul class.

(TCG Istanbul)

J-class VLS is not finalized yet. PN is looking for better options.

We have the Damen OPVs as the ideal illustration of how PN acquired armaments from the first batch of ships to the second batch of ships, in addition to the Babur class. Thanks to NG CAMM- ER's tremendous success, which greatly complements PN.

Therefore, the Jinnah class would be equipped with CAMM-ER with Sylver-A50 VLS system (if PN didn't get directly from DCNS then through MBDA, and I'm sure MBDA will be motivated because PN is getting their system on Babur/OPVs & now Jinnah) along with 2quad launchers for Harba.

Additionally, with the aforementioned arrangements, IMO Jinnah class will be approximately 3500T, with unconfirmed rumors stating that there would be 8 ships in it.

Additionally, with the aforementioned arrangements, IMO Jinnah class will be approximately 3500T, with unconfirmed rumors stating that there would be 8 ships in it.

The specs mentioned at IDEAS 2022 under the ship model is 3300 tons. As far as numbers are concerned, never should pay attention to rumors. There is no official numbers given, We can only make an calculated guess with respect to our economy, available shipyards and PN's capability to produce Ships. So, the economy is pretty bad and IMO, PN can produce a single ship in atleast 3-4 years (at fastest rate). So even 4 Jinnah ships will take around from 2030s to mid 2040s time frame.

We have the Damen OPVs as the ideal illustration of how PN acquired armaments from the first batch of ships to the second batch of ships, in addition to the Babur class. Thanks to NG CAMM- ER's tremendous success, which greatly complements PN.

Therefore, the Jinnah class would be equipped with CAMM-ER with Sylver-A50 VLS system (if PN didn't get directly from DCNS then through MBDA, and I'm sure MBDA will be motivated because PN is getting their system on Babur/OPVs & now Jinnah) along with 2quad launchers for Harba.

A pair of Jinnah class frigates is planned by 2030.
The total numbers are not finalized yet.
And there won't be Harba on Milgems and Jinnahs.

Pakistan's Jinnah-class frigate under ASFAT leadership in detail design​

Ahmet Alemdar
Author: Ahmet Alemdar

06 Feb 2022 09:31

Category: Navy and Naval Systems, News
A A
Pakistan's Jinnah-class frigate under ASFAT leadership in detail design's Jinnah-class frigate under ASFAT leadership in detail design

FacebookTwitterLinkedinWhatsappTelegramQR Code

Jinnah Class Frigate design process has been started to the detail design stage
The Pakistani Navy's design activities for the future frigate class Jinnah are underway. Under the leadership of ASFAT, the main contractor of PN MILGEM, design activities continue in Pakistan. The design activities in question are within the scope of the Offseti of the PN MILGEM project, the statement said. "The Jinnah Class Frigate (JCF) design, the Offset project of the PN MILGEM (Pakistan Milgem) project, continues with the Pakistan Navy Design Office – PDW (Pakistan Design Wing) under the leadership of ASFAT," the statement said. I was told. In addition, it was stated that the detail design process was started, "Offset project; the concept has completed the design phase and the detail is in the design stage." I was told.

Pakistan isterilerine göre özelleştirilerek Türk tersanelerinden 4 adet inşası talep edilen PN Milgem gemilerinin hepsinin inşa süreçleri devam ediyor. ASFAT Deniz Platformları Teknik Müdürü PN Milgem projesinin gemileri hakkında son gelişmelerden aktardı. Birinci PN Milgem gemisi olan PNS BABUR 11 Ocak 2022’de İstanbul Tersanesi Komutanlığı’nda havuza girdi, planlı ve uzun bir havuz süreci sonrası liman testlerine başlayacak. Üçüncü PN Milgem gemisi olan PNS BADR’ın inşası ise tüm hızıyla Karaçi’de devam ediyor. 2022’nin ilk yarısında geminin Karaçi’de denize iniş için çalışmalar devam ediyor. İkinci ve dördüncü PN Milgem gemileri PNS KHAIBAR ve PNS TARIQ’ın da inşası devam ediyor.
Pn MILGEM
PN Babur

PN MILGEM Project:​

The Milgem project, designed and developed with domestic and national facilities for the Turkish navy, paid off and ordered these ships for its own navy in Pakistan. In the Milgems ordered by Pakistan, changes were made to the ship design according to the requirements of the Pakistani navy and the PN Milgem project was created.
PN Milgemler also has 2 6-cell surface-to-air guided shell systems, It was announced that systems such as 2 3-launch guided shell systems, 76 mm Main Battery Gun, Torpedo Launch System, Close Air Defense System, 2 25 mm Remote Controlled Stabilized Gun System (STOP), Carinaya Mounted Sonar, Torpedo Mixing / Deception System (TKAS) will be installed.
Ships to be produced within the scope of PN MILGEM project:
  • PNS Mughal
  • PNS Khaibar
  • PNS Badr
  • PNS Tariq
will.
PN-MILGEM-Pak-1024x768.jpg

Relatedly

Ahmet Alemdar

Ahmet Alemdar
Defence Turk Broadcast Coordinator. In the case of Turkish Defense Industry; defense technologies, strategies and policy researcher and follower.

Tags: ASFATJCFJinnah Class FrigateMilgemPakistanpakistani milgemiPN MILGEM

ALL PN ship purchases MUST have VLS installed. This is the most critical item at this point. The VL's must be multirole (configured to use various rails), such as for AD missiles, sub-sonic and super sonic cruise missiles depending on the mission. And we must get away from continuous development of sub-sonic cruise systems. Those are now an application for uncontested airspace. Current AD's can take out 75%+ sub-sonic missiles so time has come for high mach supersonic cruise missiles (if not hypersonic just yet).

Ukraine takes out 70%+ Russian subsonic cruise missiles. Our main concern is India and they already have a layered AD in place. So supersonic missiles needed moving forward (high machs, not mach 2).

The specs mentioned at IDEAS 2022 under the ship model is 3300 tons. As far as numbers are concerned, never should pay attention to rumors. There is no official numbers given, We can only make an calculated guess with respect to our economy, available shipyards and PN's capability to produce Ships. So, the economy is pretty bad and IMO, PN can produce a single ship in atleast 3-4 years (at fastest rate). So even 4 Jinnah ships will take around from 2030s to mid 2040s time frame.

Aren't we in the same situation as in previous decades, yet despite our fragile economic situation, we were nonetheless able to manage a number of procurements.

I believe that the usual hysteria needs to stop.

A pair of Jinnah class frigates is planned by 2030.

To dispel any assumptions, I would cite an ex-CNS statement that said the heavier tonnage class project of six ships would begin from 2025. If we accept your explanation, then why are there so many plans and purchases of various systems for just a few?

The total numbers are not finalized yet.

Six were initially intended, however subsequent advancements in many Turkish systems and the CAMM-ER program's success stimulated and encouraged PN, as evidenced by the additional orders of Damen OPVs. Based on these orders, there are speculations of two more Jinnah class ships.

And there won't be Harba on Milgems and Jinnahs.

What led you to that conclusion, specifically?

Aren't we in the same situation as in previous decades, yet despite our fragile economic situation, we were nonetheless able to manage a number of procurements.

I believe that the usual hysteria needs to stop.

Wrong! Never in history we had that much debts and massive payments to be made. Secondly, PN already is good for next 1-2 decades with aquisitions made since 2015 onward. Furthermore, We have to realize PN has come a long way already. Before existing shopping spree the major vessels in PN were 4 F22Ps & 3 Agosta 90bs (I am not mentioning older platforms). PN is in process of adding 20 major vessels (8 subs, 4 Tughrils , 4 Baburs, 4 Yarmooks). Any further before 2030 is just a dream far from reality.

Wrong! Never in history we had that much debts and massive payments to be made. Secondly, PN already is good for next 1-2 decades with aquisitions made since 2015 onward. Furthermore, We have to realize PN has come a long way already. Before existing shopping spree the major vessels in PN were 4 F22Ps & 3 Agosta 90bs (I am not mentioning older platforms). PN is in process of adding 20 major vessels (8 subs, 4 Tughrils , 4 Baburs, 4 Yarmooks). Any further before 2030 is just a dream far from reality.

Well, because you are contradicting what you said earlier, I will rest my case.

Cheers....

Well, because you are contradicting what you said earlier, I will rest my case.

Cheers....

My point here is not to win an argument and do debate for the sake of arguments. You totally misunderstood me if you accuse me of contradicting myself. Both times, I said the same thing we don't have any further $$$ or capacity to add anything else before 2030. Whatever is ordered is going to be it until the end of this decade. Jinnah construction likely will start after all Baburs are delivered. 4 yrs avg per ship. Do your math. You can disagree and imagine much rosy picture. So lets respect each other opinions.

We need to get over this obsession with Jinnah, we have other leaders we can name our vessels after too. Benizir Class, Nawaz class, Bhutto class.
On the Army side, can't wait for new institution building called ' Bajwa Center for Higher Studies'

PS: Sorry for side track, Mods.

My point here is not to win an argument and do debate for the sake of arguments. You totally misunderstood me if you accuse me of contradicting myself. Both times, I said the same thing we don't have any further $$$ or capacity to add anything else before 2030. Whatever is ordered is going to be it until the end of this decade. Jinnah construction likely will start after all Baburs are delivered. 4 yrs avg per ship. Do your math. You can disagree and imagine much rosy picture. So lets respect each other opinions.

Dear, Babur induction will be finished by the end of 2024, and KWES has two construction platforms working together as well as a dry dock, and all three of these are capable of handling the construction of Jinnah's.

In addition, KWES completed Badar (281) in less than 2 years after it was laid down in OCT'20 and launched in May'22.

Do the math, please.

ALL PN ship purchases MUST have VLS installed. This is the most critical item at this point. The VL's must be multirole (configured to use various rails), such as for AD missiles, sub-sonic and super sonic cruise missiles depending on the mission. And we must get away from continuous development of sub-sonic cruise systems. Those are now an application for uncontested airspace. Current AD's can take out 75%+ sub-sonic missiles so time has come for high mach supersonic cruise missiles (if not hypersonic just yet).

Ukraine takes out 70%+ Russian subsonic cruise missiles. Our main concern is India and they already have a layered AD in place. So supersonic missiles needed moving forward (high machs, not mach 2).
Don't know about 70% but a significant number are being taken out which must ring alarm bells for our subsonic heavy deterrence.

Back
Top Bottom