What's new

Just three months remaining for the arrival of first ever squadron of thuders!

BooooooooooooooooooooooooooooM​
1375674cc1f4e9f951f172d1cb437de5.jpg

"23rd march 2007
flypast"
60648fa1e16d345f8d72d7a2403d7579.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

i am now done with my work

This must be wrong, there were only two thunders at the 2007 military parade, one in sino pak colors and the other grey. I would know because I was there.

This must be wrong, there were only two thunders at the 2007 military parade, one in sino pak colors and the other grey. I would know because I was there.

That is a picture from 2008.

Here's the video of the fly-past.

Last edited by a moderator:
i m eager to know which part of the aircraft we have developed indigenously.i m definitely not impressed.firstly our government had to pay so much for these aircraft,secondly china didn't include these aircrafts in their inventory.secondly soon after we got these aircraft we are looking for up gradation. an efficient data link system has not been incorporated in these aircraft.the BVR missiles and their launching system had a tough time while undergoing testing in china.their success
had been very low.and above all it has got all metal airframe.which in tun is outdated.the infra red search and track system is carried externally not internally.the thrust to weight ratio is less than 1,so this aircraft can not do sustainable maneuvers.it would have been better if we would have invested our money in our own R&D.

i m eager to know which part of the aircraft we have developed indigenously.i m definitely not impressed.firstly our government had to pay so much for these aircraft,secondly china didn't include these aircrafts in their inventory.secondly soon after we got these aircraft we are looking for up gradation. an efficient data link system has not been incorporated in these aircraft.the BVR missiles and their launching system had a tough time while undergoing testing in china.their success
had been very low.and above all it has got all metal airframe.which in tun is outdated.the infra red search and track system is carried externally not internally.the thrust to weight ratio is less than 1,so this aircraft can not do sustainable maneuvers.it would have been better if we would have invested our money in our own R&D.

Everything but the avionics is pretty much indeginous and engine.
We had to invest 500 million dollars which by today's standards is peanuts, that is just enough to get you half a B-2 bomber.
The aircraft being produced now, first 50 or so are SBP (small batch production) aircraft, they are just test subjects, the real deal will feature improved western avionics and a more powerful RD-93B or WS-13 engine.
The airframe will also be made with alloys in the next aircrafts.
Thrust to weight ratio will further improve with these features, already it pulled of a complete turn in 19 seconds in the Pakistan day parade, when it was not dishing out max power, whereas an F-16 pulls a complete turn "AT PEAK PERFORMANCE" in 18 seconds.
It can take G-forces of up to 10Gs which is quite alot.
Overall I think at 15 to 18 million dollars, you cannot get a better plane.:cheers:

The plane looks a lot like the F-16 from behind and like the mirage 2000 from front.

Yeah, we get that alot, but you cannot step away from the conventional aircraft design, in a limited budget and working on a workhorse, it is increasingly difficult, if you look at F-35, it has plenty of feature from the F-22. F-15 and F-18 also have mutual features.

i am sure about one thing that PAF will not go with the different engine for block II because some how i have been able to know that a shipment of 100 RD-93 engines have arrived in china and it is most likely believe that these are for thunders....
but yeah from here one can easily make sure that there will be totally different missiles radars and other aveonics(most likely europeans) for our future blockII
again to be noted there will no new engine for blockII

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom