What's new

Ka 52 deflects more than a dozen surface to air missiles in a single sotie

I will have to study these Russian airborne EW systems as I studied Russian Ground based EW system before.

So basically its the below EW system and its characteristics :

The Vitebsk-25 self-defense system consists of an infrared missile tracker and laser countermeasures. The laser countermeasures are used against the enemy’s surface-to-air and air-to-air missiles. The system’s defenses are boosted by a flare dispenser.

The equipment can reportedly detect and jam threats across 120 degrees azimuth and 60 degrees elevation. Alongside infrared threats, Vitebsk-25 detects and jams radar threats from four gigahertz/GHz up to 18GHz.The Vitebsk product family includes the L-370E8 system mounted on medium-lift utility helicopters and L-370E26L outfitting heavy-lift rotorcraft.

Attack helicopters are outfitted with the L-370P2, L-370V52, and L-370E50. The L-3703S variant equips fixed-wing platforms like the Su-25 fighter jets.

he Vitebsk-25 detects launches by scanning the area with radar, radar and laser warning receivers, and IR & UV sensors; and warns the crew about them.

After this, it offers passive protection to the aircraft by dispensing chaffs and flares to confuse and disable the missiles. But its active defense involves directly engaging the thermal homing systems of the “heat-seeker” missiles and deceiving them.

The Vitebsk-25 puts powerful jamming on the warhead of radar-guided targets and thus forces the “heat-seekers” toward the decoy targets.

We have a wait a few more weeks n if the performance of the ew sys remain the same then we can say with surety that the russian have a winner in their hands

Do you think apache would survive in war like this ?
Not 20 (I seriously doubt any helicopter can survive 20 missile lock on), but I know for a fact when I was in Iraq, a pair of Apache was taking 9 SAM lock coming into Karbala Gap both on the way in and way out.

It really depends on how you use both platform, because it is not a simple (I guess XYZ can do that or they would not have been survived if they shoot ABC with it)

It's always comes down to how you use such platforms. Helicopter is hard to hit when they are closer to the deck because they are fast and the ground mask their signature, while you may shoot down a helicopter with a well-placed RPG-7 hit like they do in Black Hawk Down, but you would have to be in a friendly environment (so the attack helicopter is in a hostile environment) and you have to be very skilled over an unskilled pilot to make it hit, even in Mog, the hit rate is somewhere around 13% (there were 26-30 helicopter in that battle, they brought down 2)

The reason why Russian is losing that many Attack Chopper is because they were using outside their aggression range. Which is a range where you have your frontline troop contending the line, the Russian is using them to attack target BEHIND that line, which mean either you risk flying over your friendly troop and attack enemy position, which you are risk getting shot down, or you do the tilt-up spray and prey and hope you hit something. We won't do that in the US with our Apache. You have to be within friendly troop LOS to be able to call Gunship support, you don't fly above and beyond your friendly.

The reasons for the success of the ka 52 are given below in this video
1 20+ improved variants with the the ew system mentioned above were delivered to the russian army in the early part of this year.
2 New tactics have been developed n employed.....Now each flight of ka 52 is accompanied by a dedicated ew mi 8
Guess its made all the diff.....watch the video

Sounds like nape of the earth electronic warfare equipped drones are going to be more effective than previously thought.

Perhaps automated nape of the earth hunter-killer drones could be used to sweep grid squares in a similar fashion as a far more expensive artillery barrage.

Terminator Drones will be real soon (Or already are).

So wt are the lessons learnt from the above? ....from the lack of posts seems like most the members have gone numb.....

Theirs only one lesson which blankets all other n ie

" for all air elements, both manned n unmanned...to be successful in any contested air space, they need to be accompanied by a dedicated EW platform".

Considering Ukraine was firing 500 stingers per day at the start of the war the helo has done really well

On the other hand Americans lost advanced helicopters in Iraq without any stingers it was RPGs

Considering Ukraine was firing 500 stingers per day at the start of the war the helo has done really well

On the other hand Americans lost advanced helicopters in Iraq without any stingers it was RPGs
500 stingers per day does not sound realistic to me. Stinger is not a bullet to be wasted like this.

Iraqi forces used AA guns to target helicopters.

500 stingers per day does not sound realistic to me. Stinger is not a bullet to be wasted like this.

Iraqi forces used AA guns to target helicopters.

Yes not 500 stingers but needs Stingers and Javelins

I had to think about it but The number 500 was in my head from this article

Yes not 500 stingers but needs Stingers and Javelins

I had to think about it but The number 500 was in my head from this article

Ka52s performed like shit dude, a third of all of them has been shot down.

Ka52s performed like shit dude, a third of all of them has been shot down.

actually Ka52M is a updated version and it has incorporated learnings from the Ukrainian war which makes it’s EXTREMELY capable, it flew just few days ago

Ka52 a proven platform ask any military expert I think your just being jealous

actually Ka52M is a updated version and it has incorporated learnings from the Ukrainian war which makes it’s EXTREMELY capable, it flew just few days ago

Russia claims everything it ever built is "EXTREMELY capable" only to be proven otherwise in the battlefield.

Shit electro-optics, shit stabilization.

Russia claims everything it ever built is "EXTREMELY capable" only to be proven otherwise in the battlefield.

Shit electro-optics, shit stabilization.

Just like iron dome

Stop trolling me since I called you a gentile based on the information you admitted to

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom