What's new

Kamorta class corvettes for VPN ?

I have already provided the links address mate but you are still attacking me personally. Fine if you people don't want. I leave the forum. Anyway have heard a lot of personal comments on me already here. Thanks a ton for the same. Thank you.

Sorry Rising, but much of the hear say isnt needed.

I have already provided the links address mate but you are still attacking me personally. Fine if you people don't want. I leave the forum. Anyway have heard a lot of personal comments on me already here. Thanks a ton for the same. Thank you.

Don't overreact mate, we want you in the forum and we appreciate your contribution.

@kaku1 One question mate. You had mentioned that the Kamorta / OPV hybrid for Vietnam is based on
the 105 m OPV model developed by GRSE while Rising sun mentioned that it would be based on the
Saryu class OPV which also happens to be 105 meters but its made by GLS. Can you confirm which one is it from your perspective? Thank you mate.

Actually, what VN needs to do is to either manufacture or independently source all the components for the KH-35 as soon as possible and not depend on the russians.
yes, but that is more difficult than said. for example, we still rely on russia to providing us with rocket engines. unless we have got the technology, haven´t we?

Vndata: Vietnam starts producing its 300km range anti-ship missile

Ten_lua_X_35_1[1].jpg

Last edited:
LOL calm down. no reason to go off.

Yes, Vietnam should buy many Indian weapons, cheaper than West/Russia. The powerful Brahmos can destroy all warships in the world, Indian corvette can sell to Vietnam first before accepted by INS, win-win for both nations.

More Indian weapons purchased by VN, more afraid by Chinese !
ha ha ha...your navy is multiple bigger than ours. what is your concern?
even if we aquire missiles and warships from here and there, the huge imbalance of power will continue to exist.

Yes, Vietnam should buy many Indian weapons, cheaper than West/Russia. The powerful Brahmos can destroy all warships in the world, Indian corvette can sell to Vietnam first before accepted by INS, win-win for both nations.

More Indian weapons purchased by VN, more afraid by Chinese !

Clam down man no need loose your cool

@kaku1 One question mate. You had mentioned that the Kamorta / OPV hybrid for Vietnam is based on
the 105 m OPV model developed by GRSE while Rising sun mentioned that it would be based on the
Saryu class OPV which also happens to be 105 meters but its made by GLS. Can you confirm which one is it from your perspective? Thank you mate.
It will be based on the GSL OPV only but size is still not freezed by VN as I had earlier stated. There are 75meter NOPV, max speed 25 kns, range 3000 kms, equipped with IPM and IBS. Armed with 76 inch SRGM main naval gun, 30 mm additional guns, other weapons (8 cruise missiles)as per client choice. Total weight around 1500 ton. Two boats signed with SriLAnka. Second one is 105 meters length. It has dedicated space for cruise missiles, one chopper(contract with Nigeria navy). Its weight is around 2200 to 2500 tons. Range 6000 nm.around.it can be turned into guided missile corvettes.

It will be based on the GSL OPV only but size is still not freezed by VN as I had earlier stated. There are 75meter NOPV, max speed 25 kns, range 3000 kms, equipped with IPM and IBS. Armed with 76 inch SRGM main naval gun, 30 mm additional guns, other weapons (8 cruise missiles)as per client choice. Total weight around 1500 ton. Two boats signed with SriLAnka. Second one is 105 meters length. It has dedicated space for cruise missiles, one chopper(contract with Nigeria navy). Its weight is around 2200 to 2500 tons. Range 6000 nm.around.it can be turned into guided missile corvettes.

Thank you mate, and as you said earlier, it seems to be an enlarged version of the 105 m OPV, is that still your opinion?

Thank you mate, and as you said earlier, it seems to be an enlarged version of the 105 m OPV, is that still your opinion?
My opinion doesn't matter much mate, VN requirements matter most. My opinion will be nonetheless in favor of 105 meters long heavily armed with sensors and weaponry including anti ship missiles. Even KH35, Excost and Harpoon all three missiles are on offer for 75 meters long NOPV. While 105 meters long OPV is offered with much longer range anti ship missiles in VLS. I have also heard also heard that Indian side has intent to sell Upgraded second last version of frigates to allow more freedom but that is not confirmed by either Indian or VN official sources. So we can't focus on that as one member protested recently. Thank you.

My opinion doesn't matter much mate, VN requirements matter most. My opinion will be nonetheless in favor of 105 meters long heavily armed with sensors and weaponry including anti ship missiles. Even KH35, Excost and Harpoon all three missiles are on offer for 75 meters long NOPV. While 105 meters long OPV is offered with much longer range anti ship missiles in VLS. I have also heard also heard that Indian side has intent to sell Upgraded second last version of frigates to allow more freedom but that is not confirmed by either Indian or VN official sources. So we can't focus on that as one member protested recently. Thank you.

Was this discussed in Indian Defence Forum? I can't find this thread. The thread was also mentioned by another member.

Did you managed to find the thread on Indian Defence forum that another member referred to? I couldn't find it. Well I didnt try to look much.

But I just found out that @BoQ77 is also a member there lol.

Was this discussed in Indian Defence Forum? I can't find this thread. The thread was also mentioned by another member.

Did you managed to find the thread on Indian Defence forum that another member referred to? I couldn't find it. Well I didnt try to look much.

Indian defence forum is not a Indian forum, it is owned by The person who is owner of this forum. Indian forums are different. And btw that news was not in a defence forum but a strategic site. Plus a defense analyst has posted same after verifying with two high level of authority. Regarding the NOPV and its weaponry it was officially printed in local news editions, I saw myself one cutting posted in one place.

I checked but I also could not find it. BoQ77 does get around.

Frankly, I think we had being thinking too much about this whole thing. We are getting some insights from our Indian friends, but the reality is that its still all up in the air and its probably not as much as we think. The fact that the press always refers to these ships as OPV's is already very telling. We've been having too much speculation and having our hopes too high I think.

If the ships were to really being a Kamorta or a derivative of it, as per the original rumors last year, that would be ok, but as just OPV's, I'm not too excited. I think we just need to wait more. There are kind of conflicting rumors and we are thinking too much about this.

We might ended up getting the 75 m OPV (as other sources mentioned earlier) and that would be a crappy ship.

Back
Top Bottom