What's new

Karachi lost it again.

1686889456008.jpeg

JI lost a manageable position. They could have struck a deal with PPP.

Karachi has lots to gain under Morteza. He shares a sympathetic attitude towards the cosmopolitan coastal city.

You do know how the system of government works in Pakistan right?

Anyways, this was a trailer of what is going to happen in the next general elections

All hail Billo the PM
I do that’s why I say on this forum that Pakistanis must take action and save their future even if that means using violent means. Freedom doesn’t come without a price.
You can never change the system working in the system and IK proved that.
Only a coordinated and well planned revolution can save Pakistan now.

In the last 75 years Karachi has been expanding relentlessly with little help from the government. But the time period when the city saw the most development was during Musharraf’s time.

Musharraf had a non-PPP provincial government in Sindh which allowed development in Karachi. He empowered the local government and allowed them to work.

First the mayor was Naimatullah Khan of Jamat e Islami and then Mustafa Kamal of MQM. During the time of both there was extraordinary development activity in the city. If it wasn’t for the infrastructure they built the city would have collapsed by now.

From what I’ve heard PTI didn’t do much more than cosmetic work. Nothing on the scale of development during Musharraf’s time.

The excuse was that the provincial government of PPP controls everything so PTI can’t do anything. This is technically correct because the 18th Amendment was passed after the removal of Musharraf and it transferred almost all power to the provinces. Local governments have no power to do much. Neither does the federal government.

Correct but mahjirs love MQM which for most of its life has been aligned with PPPP
😂

See the problem
Nope mohajars 2nd love is PTI , but due to the incompetence of PTI karachi leadership they voted jamat e islami , told u they hate ppp like we hates india , they will never voted and will never vote pppp in future, PPP won with the help of hafiz whiskey who was experimenting this hybrid module for punjab Elections , just wait and watch how PPP is going to whitewash PTI and PMLN in Punjab

Nope mohajars 2nd love is PTI , but due to the incompetence of PTI karachi leadership they voted jamat e islami , told u they hate ppp like we hates india , they will never voted and will never vote pppp in future, PPP won with the help of hafiz whiskey who was experimenting this hybrid module for punjab Elections , just wait and watch how PPP is going to whitewash PTI and PMLN in Punjab
Ppp won through political engineering. They created new districts in karachi, where votes were lower than Korangi alone. And then flood effectees( the zombie voter), who were brought there from throughout the Sindh, voted for PPP.

That's how ppp won in Karachi. Overall votes that ppp got is not even the quarter of what JI got.

But ppp achieved all that with the help of Punjab based establishment, who somehow hates karachi and karachi walas.

We are looking towards Allah now.

Karachi has been the most active city politically. This city would be the first to rise up and protest.

Remember Karachiites were the first ones to protest in support in rise for Fatima, then against Ayub, then rise for Bhutto, then against Bhutto, then against Zia, then for Muhajir rights, then for Benazir, then against Musharraf, then against PPP, only to be brutalised. Other parts of the country were in deep sleep.

PTI didn’t do sh!t about Karachi. The focus was on Punjab, the same for other aspiring federal parties. Rural Sindh trumps Karachi’s interests. Its in the interest of federal and PPP government to keep Karachi on the brink be it in terms of population census, NFC awards, assembly seats.

This city has essentially been pillaged by everyone yet it keeps giving. Now it has been reduced to a sorry state ruled by feudals with the backing of deep state.

Rural Sindh trumps Karachi’s interests.

That's not just true for the provincial government of Sindh but also federal government of Pakistan and local government of Karachi. Urbanization of rural Sindh is one of the priorities for all the parties involved.

Populist slogans like people will come to work in Karachi or Karachi pays for everyone in the country are counterproductive and means to balk the effort.

Karachis administrative problems are not rocket science but there are just too many cooks involved. The complex beueurocratic structure between local bodies and intricacies of its economics is a documented matter.

Karachi is divided ethnically
They hate each other and blame each other

Mahjirs (self called mahjir since they were borned in Karachi not India) hate pushtoons (though many can't speak pushto now), Sindhis(proud of their heritage not sure what that means) hate both the pushtoons and mahjirs and then there are liberals..that hate the rest..

On this whole achaar the winner is PPPP And losers are KARACHITES

Never seen such a disconnect city

There are hindko pushto speakers in Peshawar.. multiethnic in Lahore but we don't see this kind of self division

We may pretend that PPPP doesn't get votes but don't fool around we all know they get a good 30-40% votes and that's enough for them to "fix" the system

Karachi doesn't vote on ethnic grounds you ex PTI propagandist.

Stop projecting your village problems on the city.

Last edited:
One thing about PTI was that they were full of PPP lotas. When the army transferred electables to PTI a lot of them came from PPP, including Shah Mahmoud Quraishi. They even had that horrible PPP spokeswoman whose name I don’t remember. She switched from being Zardari’s spokesperson to becoming Imran Khan’s spokesperson.

It is true that Imran Khan’s worst attacks have always been reserved for PMLN and very little against PPP. PTI’s desire to somehow win in interior Sindh made him never speak about Karachi’s problems. I’ve hardly ever heard him even mention Karachi.

Yet Karachi voted for PTI and the army is now crushing them.

Yet Karachi voted for PTI and the army is now crushing them.

Karachiites are the most pro Army people in the country. They owe the city to the efforts of the military who practically won the city block by block from mafia gangs. The Urban war fought in Karachi by the Pakistan Army is one of the few successes of militaries in an urban setting post WW2.

People haven't taken down posters about Raheel Sharif almost a decade on.

There is a reason why the civilised world has invented identifiers for countries like Pakistan. It is basically a corrupt and fuedal ridden nation. You can't expect any decency from a country like Pakistan. It is always moving backwards.

Ppp won through political engineering. They created new districts in karachi, where votes were lower than Korangi alone. And then flood effectees( the zombie voter), who were brought there from throughout the Sindh, voted for PPP.

That's how ppp won in Karachi. Overall votes that ppp got is not even the quarter of what JI got.

But ppp achieved all that with the help of Punjab based establishment, who somehow hates karachi and karachi walas.

We are looking towards Allah now.

A bunch of baby killing fuedal retards are now going to rule over Karachi.

other than repavement of a few roads, worth pennies, all the rest about kcr and ecnroachments was done through court orders. pti didnt do sh*t. pti has no idea about local bodies, they are good for assembly but not local bodies.

except that they are the ones who initiated development in the city after years of neglect. established schools and colleges, established (KIHD, now taken over by sindh govt) and upgraded hospitals. started building signal free corridors when the rest of the country didnt even know about them. started green-bus project, made the K-3 project that still supplies water to karachi to this day, which btw, PTI with its so called federal clout failed to do (K-4). even established parks and gardens. compared to that, PTI has done next to nothing while having a budget far more than KMC at its disposal. but i agree, people were idiots to vote for mqm.

the may be useless inr est of the country, due to sirajul haq types being in majority, but the karachi chapter is dynamic and well educated.

but , anyways, like idiots, keep on blaming ji or pti or karachiites, when its ppp that hijacked the entire process right from the start.
Repavement of roads came from federal funds since Sindh (PPP) refused to spend money on uplifting Karachi, to continue to deprive it and also to turn PTI voters against PTI despite having 18th amendment rights over the province. PTI could not legally do much, but even still took federal funds to work.

Starting green line is not achievement. PTI finishing the project despite instances of PPP sabotaging bus stops, is an achievement and shows again the importance of having federal power behind you. Would JI have been able to finish it without federal support if PPP sabotaged the project?

Even if the SC ordered completion of KCR and removal of encroachments, it's still PTI achievement that these were completed. Since when have court orders forced PPP to complete anything? They are notorious for dragging their court cases on for long periods of time until change in government to avoid arrest. Despite SC orders, PPP made excuses for failing to do anything regarding KCR, encroachments, hospitals. Let's not ignore this.

I know PTI failed Karachi. Imran Khan was a weak leader and failed to use the full extent of his federal powers to help Karachi. He could have declared Governor rule over Sindh. But tell me, how would JI have fared any better?

As for the JI track record in Karachi, I'm focusing at period since 2008, when Zardari took over. I don't want to hear about JI track record during Musharraf's era, rather I want to hear about their record post 18th amendment.

You are missing the point I am making here. You belittle PTI work despite knowing the limitations of the 18th amendment and tacit support for PPP in Sindh bureaucracy. Yet you have no specific answer for how JI would change Karachi without federal muscle? Give me this answer. How did voting for JI last year help Karachi?

Last edited:
Tujhai main lalukhet main chor doon tu wahan sai nazimabad bhi nahi ja sakta

Aur mujhai bata raha k merai shehar k log kis ko vote daitai hain??
They know nothing and behave like kids.

@Areesh @python-000 @ziaulislam and the rest.
Seriously without any bias, what is going on in Karachi, I've never been, never met any Sindhis (except saw Bilawal once, he thinks he is a prince), met only 1 Urdu speaking person. Only met Pathans and Punjabis.

Is the problem due to corruption or Sindhi racism toward others, or is it power struggle between Sindhis v Pathans v Urdu speakers v religious extremist parties, or is it simply the different ethnicities cannot live together, its different when you are a minority and cannot make a difference but when you have enough power for seats, that's when the problems arise.

In AJK, we are all Kashmiris but fight over cast, Raja v Jatt fights, fight over money and power. No other realistic problems. The Kashmiri nationalist are quiet because the army would eat them for breakfasts but they're not extremist or racist nationalists.

From my experience I found people in Pakistan to be racist and bullies, they love to pick on the weak, they love power and money and to me Karachi problems are due to power struggle, the politicians will use any means to stay in power. Be it religious card (by terrorist parties) be it ethnic card, Racist card, just any means necessary to get power and seats, the Sindhi elite want all the power.

I understand people are saying mqm joined PPP in power but that's politics, you can't say we will win seats but not play politics, the establishment will force you to join rival parties due to stability and peace.

Ethnic division in Karachi. This would bring power struggle in all Pakistani cities. People generally stick with their own ethnicities, then slowly move down to their own tribes and Baradari politics.
Screenshot_20230616-125512_Chrome.jpg

People argue that in Lahore we have many ethnicities but no violence but this is because 80% of Lahore are Punjabis, no other ethnicities can challenge them. If Lahore was 40% Punjabis 30% Pathans 30% Urdu speakers then the reality would be different.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom