What's new

Karachi lost it again.

Do you think we are democratic?

And what went about is election or , a legitimate election?

That fact you even followed something held under a government not acknowledged by Pakistani is surprising

If the Referee is crook , any process under them will be corrupt

FyuoLBFaMAAlpmN

@Areesh @python-000 @ziaulislam and the rest.
Seriously without any bias, what is going on in Karachi, I've never been, never met any Sindhis (except saw Bilawal once, he thinks he is a prince), met only 1 Urdu speaking person. Only met Pathans and Punjabis.

Is the problem due to corruption or Sindhi racism toward others, or is it power struggle between Sindhis v Pathans v Urdu speakers v religious extremist parties, or is it simply the different ethnicities cannot live together, its different when you are a minority and cannot make a difference but when you have enough power for seats, that's when the problems arise.

In AJK, we are all Kashmiris but fight over cast, Raja v Jatt fights, fight over money and power. No other realistic problems. The Kashmiri nationalist are quiet because the army would eat them for breakfasts but they're not extremist or racist nationalists.

From my experience I found people in Pakistan to be racist and bullies, they love to pick on the weak, they love power and money and to me Karachi problems are due to power struggle, the politicians will use any means to stay in power. Be it religious card (by terrorist parties) be it ethnic card, Racist card, just any means necessary to get power and seats, the Sindhi elite want all the power.

I understand people are saying mqm joined PPP in power but that's politics, you can't say we will win seats but not play politics, the establishment will force you to join rival parties due to stability and peace.

Ethnic division in Karachi. This would bring power struggle in all Pakistani cities. People generally stick with their own ethnicities, then slowly move down to their own tribes and Baradari politics.
View attachment 934690

People argue that in Lahore we have many ethnicities but no violence but this is because 80% of Lahore are Punjabis, no other ethnicities can challenge them. If Lahore was 40% Punjabis 30% Pathans 30% Urdu speakers then the reality would be different.
Sindhis don't trust out siders

Their version of story in Karachi is that punajb takes all resources and we have to take care of people who aren't even "resident" of Karachi
That is almost 30-40% of population undocumented

So Sindhi portion of karachi votes for PPPP that's about 30% of karachi vote bank and probably just 10-15% of true karachi population

Solution:.
Mahjirs and pushtoons need to stop fighting and vote for one party. As MQM as always sided with PPPP for nothing

Mahjirs and pushtoons should advocate for illegal Fourth generation people of karachi getting nationality.

Sindhis noone can change their mind. They usually tell us that we were building cities while u guys had no language (mohanjo doro) so I guess PPPP all the way

Ideal solution:
Karachites stop thinking on ethnic lines like other cities but they won't

I am not saying that the city does not hate PPP or whatever, but you have to then get out and shout for your right. Is tarah sirf internet, media, aur akhabron par batain karnay say kuch nhn hona. Whole areas don't get water or electricity for weeks, and what happens? Nothing. People don't get out, you don't have riots, you don't have as much as a peep.

This is not specific to Karachi, but the whole of the country.

Punjab main 5 maheenay say aik selected government hai. The biggest province of the country does not have a functioning government, no budget, no development schemes, nothing. And what are the people doing about it? Fckall.

Sahi hai phir sab bhugto ab.

(Note, I include myself in that category too).

The SCOTUS made a decision about Roe vs Wade which was pretty much inconsequential to more than 50% of the people, but they still got out.

Just look at the BLM protests. A black guy got killed and the whole of the US got up. Idhr Punjab Police aik mentally challenged banday ko mar kar sarak par phenk gayi, what happened?

A guy is missing since a month with no trace, what happened?

Arshad Sharif got killed in Kenya, and his meetings with sector commander of ISI and ISPR reps is on record, what happened?

Cops are barging into homes and taking 3 generations of a family away because their relative is hiding, what are the people doing about it? Just yesterday saw a post where a guy's brother in law, nephews, uncles, cousins, aur pata nhn kaun kaun police utha kar lay gayi.

Shehryar Afridi couldn't attend the funeral of his brother, and what are the people doing about it?

For a long time I had been a proponent of the military tactics in Balochistan to some extent, but now I honestly believe I was stupid. Everyone deserves due process of law.

Whole of Pakistan is a Guantanamo Bay right now, and what are the people doing about it?

Fck all.

Pakistan is a dysfunctional state and you know that too. It has been kept deliberately dysfunctional. In such a dysfunctional country there is no point in protesting, shouting etc. We can do all the protests we want and nothing would change

Jab chaukidar chor sai mil jaye to aisa hi hota hai

Only some Arab spring kind of revolution might change things. Anything short of that is useless and won't have any impact. Elections, protests are all useless

This is the reason I am asking everyone people around me to migrate to Canada, Germany and Australia. This country has no real future. Save yourself and your family if you can afford it

I blame everyone. Establishment and PPP are a reality that won't change. Karachiites need to adapt or they will get swept under the rug.

Tell me, how many times has MQM sided with PPP and what did it get for Karachi?

It sided with PPP in 2008 and watched quietly as Zardari gradually took away the autonomy of local government and turned the Karachi into the city of flies.

It ditched PTI and helped bring down Imran Khan to give us the current PDM. What did Karachi gain from this?

Karachiites ignored PTI work in repavement of roads, new sewage lines, new water lines all done on federal funds. They ignored green line metro bus completion, KCR restarting after 30 years, K-IV water project, Karachi Port & rail enhancements, removal of illegal encroachments causing flooding, etc. It tried to build a new city Bundal Island, but PPP pulled the Sindh card. PTI failed to deliver as promised, but still did something.

Instead of supporting PTI which did the most work in the last 20 years, they voted for JI to teach PTI a lesson for not doing enough. What did they gain from this? What is JI going to do aside from protesting PPP usurping votes?

Lets be honest here

IK disappointed Karachi. Just check the number of visits IK did of Lahore and compare them to number of his visits to Karachi

He didn't really try to put pressure on corrupt provincial government of Pee Pee Pee. He kept on ignoring Karachi till Pee Pee Pee successfully conspired with establishment and kicked him out of the government

What IK and PTI for Karachi was too little and too late and there is no justification for that. Not even that 18th ammendment

Karachiites rightly supported JI since JI has grassroot presence in Karachi and also has a very good track record of delivering in the past particularly at local level

But then Pee Pee Pee establishment evil alliance screwed that attempt of Karachiites too

Last edited:
Only some Arab spring kind of revolution might change things.
I have a better chance of becoming King of England than this happening.
IK disappointed Karachi. Just check the number of visits IK did of Lahore and compare them to number of his visits to Karachi

He didn't really try to put pressure on corrupt provincial government of Pee Pee Pee. He kept on ignoring Karachi till Pee Pee Pee successfully conspired with establishment and kicked him out of the government

I agree that PTI Karachi leadership was mostly crap.

But what pressure could he have put on PPP govt? How? Please explain.

Karachi walay ja ke noorani kabab khaien aur apne DHA walon ke galay lag jayien.

Not just Karachi but all of Pakistan will keep losing. Check out the latest news:

US Chipmaker Micron Reportedly Closes In On Billion-Dollar Investment In India Plant (msn.com)

Let the corrupt rule; this country is gone economically and will never recover to amount to anything. At this point, Pakistanis should line up and have the Bhuttos ram you brown niggas from behind.

@Jango As I said, we've played the wrong game.
Not anymore - this :usflag:should be the identity now - disregard the other one - after all by Khwaja Sirah’s definition you are the enemy of Pakistan

Karachi walay ja ke noorani kabab khaien aur apne DHA walon ke galay lag jayien.

Even the DHA is Karachi is a slum compared to the ones in Lahore and Islamabad. They milk it for revenue and transfer the funds it to GHQ.

Even the DHA is Karachi is a slum compared to the ones in Lahore and Islamabad. They milk it for revenue and transfer the funds it to GHQ.
We will always use Karachi as a vessel province and those Sindhis can only dream of competing with us Punjabis.

Lets be honest here

What IK and PTI for Karachi was too little and too late and there is no justification for that. Not even that 18th ammendment

Karachiites rightly supported JI since JI has grassroot presence in Karachi and also has a very good track record of delivering in the past particularly at local level

But then Pee Pee Pee establishment evil alliance screwed that attempt of Karachiites too
I agree with everything you said except the bold. Supporting JI was a bad idea. They delivered in the past during Musharraf's era because the 18th amendment didn't exist and because Musharraf created the local government laws. Now that neither are a reality, supporting JI is as good as voting for PPP.
Sindhis don't trust out siders

Their version of story in Karachi is that punajb takes all resources and we have to take care of people who aren't even "resident" of Karachi
That is almost 30-40% of population undocumented

So Sindhi portion of karachi votes for PPPP that's about 30% of karachi vote bank and probably just 10-15% of true karachi population

Solution:.
Mahjirs and pushtoons need to stop fighting and vote for one party. As MQM as always sided with PPPP for nothing

Mahjirs and pushtoons should advocate for illegal Fourth generation people of karachi getting nationality.

Sindhis noone can change their mind. They usually tell us that we were building cities while u guys had no language (mohanjo doro) so I guess PPPP all the way

Ideal solution:
Karachites stop thinking on ethnic lines like other cities but they won't
Sindhis are not the indigenous peoples of Indus River Valley. They have "aryan" DNA admixture and are outsiders just like any other. Baloch too are Iranic groups and don't originally belong to the land they claim.

For Muhajirs, the only solution post 18th amendment and lack of local government is to have the federal government force its mandate through federal projects in Karachi using federal funds. The other way is for the federal government to declare emergency and use Governor rule in Sindh. Whether this means supporting PTI or even PMLN, this is the only help Karachi can get. You can forget trying win elections anywhere in Sindh as PPP will rig them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom