What's new

Karachi teenager Dua Zehra FOUND (Alive & Married) after multiple days

But will they push for legal action against a minor for fulfilling her desire of marriage is a tricky and emotive subject.
Legal action for being lured, exloited by a 21 y/o ? The legal action should be taken against the
1- guy who exploited the victim
2- molvi who convinently forgot to check/record the ID card for only the victim
3- ploce for showing incompetence and lazines in handeling the matter

Nikah contract is itself Islamic.. so you can't take out Islam from this concept..

What I am saying is that in the west (and I have spent time there), the parents don't want to suppress their children's emotions as according to them it may impact psychological development.. I they in fact encourage the children to explore and satisfy the curiosity.. but both should be underage.. I have had a detailed discussion on this topic with a colleague of mine..

So it is wrong to say that they are just uncontrolled emotions.. even if they are, in the west, it is allowed to satisfy those emptions provided both are underage.
Well dude you know underage sex exploration is not possible here even though logically it's sounds right but we are just not there as a culture and country. Narrow-minded ness still prevail here .Even a basic necessary sex education is not being given in this country.

Legal action for being lured, exloited by a 21 y/o ? The legal action should be taken against the
Don't expect anything too quickly.

Well.. religiously I believe there's no minimum age after puberty.. legally there is.. But the real preventive control is the Nikah process itself to discourage such marriages..

Even if they guy now leaves her.. he has to properly divorce her.. I am talking about religious aspect.
Law of the land takes precendence over religious minimum requirements (The age/threshold in the religion talks about minimum requirement).

Police did the excellent job.
Only criminal here is that molvi.
The guy and girl is just like millions in Pakistan who fall in love with each other.

Wo illegal nikkah , nikkah nahi hai. So without that nikkah she is just another girl who ran away from home and shamed her family forever. At a sweet age of 13 she earned that label on a national level which is forever going to stay with her and her family. People from all over Pakistan will think thrice before marrying in that family. So her siblings will also suffer.
Those girls who secretly had sex are better than her because they didn't let the whole Pakistan and the world know about it.
That is a reflection on us as a socitey and tells us more about ourselves than this family.

Well dude you know underage sex exploration is not possible here even though logically it's sounds right but we are just not there as a culture and country. Narrow-minded ness still prevail here .Even a basic necessary sex education isn't giving in this country.
This is what's happening in the west in Muslim families..

Nikah is the best way to live in west like relationship and have no kids. If it doesn't workout then divorce is the answer. Here in UK, many of my colleagues married earlier, had divorces or it did work out. Mostly, are arabs.

I am a guy who wants to follow the religion as well as I am against the marriage where one individual is underage.. In my opinion, underage marriages should be allowed and encouraged... but only between underage couples.... and that the process of divorce should be made easier for them.

I am a guy who wants to follow the religion as well as I am against the marriage where one individual is underage.. In my opinion, underage marriages should be allowed and encouraged... but only between underage couples.... and that the process of divorce should be made easier for them.
Respectfully I will disagree, there is a lot more to marrige than scratching an "itch". It is the responsibility of the parents and religious scholars to educate the young on what is Marrige. Instead of saying that it is okay to be married (both underage) as we all have needs and lets ignore all the responsibilities that come with it.

Police did the excellent job.
Only criminal here is that molvi.
The guy and girl is just like millions in Pakistan who fall in love with each other.
Please spare me thsi love crap they wouldnt know a single thing about love. The guys is also criminal here when he married someone under the legal age. what exactly did the police do that was so excellent.

I dont know why people are foaming at the mouths after hearing of her recovery and making vulgar comments about the girl. I am no liberal or anything, what she has done is disgraceful but that doesn't give anyone the right to talk about her character, she is still better than the scores of girls/ guys who go sleep with their boyfriends/ girlfriends under their parents noses. Nikkah kia ha atleast. Also I am relieved she didnt end up raped and killed or worse.
What's worse than being raped or killed in your eyes?

Wo illegal nikkah , nikkah nahi hai. So without that nikkah she is just another girl who ran away from home and shamed her family forever. At a sweet age of 13 she earned that label on a national level which is forever going to stay with her and her family. People from all over Pakistan will think thrice before marrying in that family. So her siblings will also suffer.
Those girls who secretly had sex are better than her because they didn't let the whole Pakistan and the world know about it.
Theek ha Sir

2- Some 21 y/o thought it was ok to lure 14 y/o and "marry" her
3- Some molvi thought it was ok to marry the girl in absence of her family and proper documentation

About point# 2 please read my post# 147 above. She is no victim. She is a complete human with her right to form relationships by her choice.

About point# 3 in Islam the marriage need not at all require the permission of the family. The minimum number of people gathering for an Islamic marriage is five - the bride and groom, the qazi and two witnesses. This family's consent thing is non-Islamic. However, if it is the family arranging the marriage then the consent of the female is absolutely necessary. These things of female choice and female consent go against the social norms of traditional Indian Subcontinent but the Subcontinent is not normally known for civilized and rational behavior and should be rejected in no uncertain terms. Secondly, once a wedding is decided Islam provides law to provide the female with socio-economic security. I quote from my thread from 2015 whose OP is by an Indian Christian woman who when she married an Indian Muslim she married under Islamic marriage law ( from the Quran ) because that better secured her socio-economic future in case of divorce ( yes, the Quran gives the right of divorce to the female too and before that having the very concept of divorce in codified form ) :
One wonders why a reference to the Islamic law was not made either by the minister or other experts. Married Muslim women, we find, are often on a higher and more secure footing than their counterparts from other religions. In fact, as a Christian marrying a Muslim, I chose to marry under the Muslim personal law, even over the seemingly modern Special Marriage Act, 1954, to better secure my economic rights. My mehr was a house in my name and my nikahnama includes necessary clauses to safeguard my and my children’s rights. My husband’s family members were witness to this document, which is registered and enforceable by law.

When we examine marriage laws in their historic context, it is interesting to note that the universally accepted notion that marriages are contractual rather than sacramental originates in Muslim law, which was accepted by the French law only in the 1800s and incorporated into the English law in the 1850s and became part of codified Hindu law as late as 1955. Today it appears to be the most practical way of dealing with the institution of marriage. Treating marriage as a sacrament which binds the parties for life has resulted in some of the most discriminatory practices against women such as sati and denial of right to divorce and remarriage, even in the most adverse conditions.

The cornerstone of a Muslim marriage is consent, ejab-o-qubul (proposal and acceptance) and requires the bride to accept the marriage proposal on her own free will. This freedom to consent (or refuse), which was given to Muslim women 1,400 years ago, is still not available under Hindu law since sacramental rituals such as saptapadi and kanya dan (seven steps round the nuptial fire and gifting of the bride to the groom) still form essential ceremonies of a Hindu marriage. Even after the codification of Hindu law, the notion of consent is not built into the marriage ceremonies.

The contract of marriage (nikahnama) allows for negotiated terms and conditions, it can also include the right to a delegated divorce (talaq-e-tafweez) where the woman is delegated the right to divorce her husband if any of the negotiated terms and conditions are violated.

Mehr is another unique concept of Muslim law meant to safeguard the financial future of the wife. It is an obligation, not a choice, and can be in the form of cash, valuables or securities. While there is no ceiling, a minimum amount to provide her security after marriage must be stipulated. This is a more beneficial concept than streedhan which is given by choice and usually by the natal family. In addition to Mehr, at the time of divorce, a Muslim woman has the right to fair and reasonable settlement, and this is statutorily recognised under the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Divorce) Act, 1986 as per the 2001 ruling of the Supreme Court in the Daniel Latifi case.

It is also important to address polygamy and triple talaq, two aspects of Muslim law which are generally used to discredit the community and argue in favour of a uniform civil code. While sharia law permits a man to have four wives (before 1956 Hindu law permitted unrestrained polygamy), it mandates equal treatment of all wives. If a man is not able to meet these conditions, he is not permitted to marry more than one woman. (Quran 4:3; Yusuf Ali’s translation)

On the other hand, though codification introduced monogamy for Hindus, the ground reality has not changed and Hindu men continue to be bigamous or polygamous. The most disturbing aspect is that while men in bigamous/adulterous relationships are allowed to go scot-free, it is the women who are made to pay the price. Women in invalid relationships with Hindu men are denied maintenance and protection and are referred to as “mistresses” and “concubines”, concepts specific to the uncodified Hindu law. Any attempt to codify Muslim law to bring in legal monogamy should not end up subjecting Muslim women to a plight similar to that of a Hindu second wife. This is an important concern which needs to be taken into account while reforming the Muslim law.

And lastly, the much maligned triple talaq or talaq-ul-biddat, which the Prophet himself considered as the most inappropriate form of divorce. Fortunately, in 2002, in Shamim Ara vs State of Uttar Pradesh & others, the Supreme Court laid down strict Quranic injunctions which must be followed at the time of pronouncing talaq, hence now fraudulent practices adopted by errant husbands (including email and SMS talaq) can no longer constitute valid talaq. Yet, after a decade and a half, very few know challenge the validity of such divorces in court as they are unaware about this ruling.

Though Muslim law stipulates many different ways to end a marriage, including a woman’s right to dissolve her marriage (khula), divorce by mutual consent (mubarra), delegated divorce (talaq-e-tafweez), judicial divorce (fasq) and dissolution under Muslim Marriage Act
And in Islam the daughter or the wife has the right to have family inheritance and this means that Dua's father cannot make excuses of daughter eloping and he cutting her away from family property. I quote below the Indian courts system's summary of Islamic inheritance law :
Muslim law recognizes two types of heirs, Sharers and Residuaries. Sharers are the ones who are entitled to a certain share in the deceased’s property and Residuaries would take up the share in the property that is left over after the sharers have taken their part.

Sharers : The Sharers are 12 in number and are as follows: (1) Husband, (2) Wife, (3) Daughter, (4) Daughter of a son (or son's son or son's son and so on), (5) Father, (6) Paternal Grandfather, (7) Mother, (8) Grandmother on the male line, (9) Full sister (10) Consanguine sister (11) Uterine sister, and (12) Uterine brother.

The share taken by each sharer will vary in certain conditions. For instance, a wife takes 1/4th of share in a case where the couple is without lineal descendants, and a one-eighth share otherwise. A husband (in the case of succession to the wife's estate) takes a half share in a case where the couple is without lineal descendants, and a one-fourth share otherwise. A sole daughter takes a half share. Where the deceased has left behind more than one daughter, all daughters jointly take two-thirds.

If the deceased had left behind son(s) and daughter(s), then, the daughters cease to be sharers and become residuaries instead, with the residue being so distributed as to ensure that each son gets double of what each daughter gets.

Non-Testamentary and Testamentary succession under Muslim law : In Non-testamentary succession, the Muslim Personal Law (Shariat) Application Act, 1937 gets applied. On the other hand, in case of a person who dies testate i.e. 2 one who has created his will before death, the inheritance is governed under the relevant Muslim Shariat Law as applicable to the Shias and the Sunnis. In cases where the subject matter of property is an immovable property, situated in the state of West Bengal, Chennai and Bombay, the Muslims shall be bound by the Indian Succession Act, 1925. This exception is only for the purposes of testamentary succession.

Birthright : Inheritance of property in Muslim law comes only after the death of a person, any child born into a Muslim family does not get his right to property on his birth. If an heir lives even after the death of the ancestor, he becomes a legal heir and is therefore entitled to a share in the property. However, if the apparent heir does not survive his ancestor, then no such right of inheritance or share in the property shall exist.

Distribution of the Property : Under the Muslim law, distribution of property can be made in two ways – per capita or per strip distribution. The per capita distribution method is majorly used in the Sunni law. According to this method, the estate left over by the ancestors gets equally distributed among the heirs. Therefore, the share of each person depends on the number of heirs. The per strip distribution method is recognised in the Shia law. According to this method of property inheritance, the property gets distributed among the heirs according to the strip they belong to. Hence the quantum of their inheritance also depends upon the branch and the number of persons that belong to the branch.

Rights of females : Muslim does not create any distinction between the rights of men and women. On the death of their ancestor, nothing can prevent both girl and boy child to become the legal heirs of inheritable property. However, it is generally found that the quantum of the share of a female heir is half of that of the male heirs. The reason 3 behind this is that under the Muslim law a female shall upon marriage receive mehr and maintenance from her husband whereas males will have only the property of the ancestors for inheritance. Also, males have the duty of maintaining their wife and children.

Widow’s right to succession : Under Muslim law, no widow is excluded from the succession. A childless Muslim widow is entitled to one-fourth of the property of the deceased husband, after meeting his funeral and legal expenses and debts. However, a widow who has children or grandchildren is entitled to one-eighth of the deceased husband's property. If a Muslim man marries during an illness and subsequently dies of that medical condition without brief recovery or consummating the marriage, his widow has no right of inheritance. But if her ailing husband divorces her and afterwards, he dies from that illness, the widow's right to a share of inheritance continues until she remarries.

A Child in the Womb : A child in the womb of its mother is competent to inherit provided it is born alive. A child in the embryo is regarded as a living person and, as such, the property vests immediately in that child. But, if such a child in the womb is not born alive, the share already vested in it is divested and, it is presumed as if there was no such heir (in the womb) at all.

Escheat : Where a deceased Muslim has no legal heir under Muslim law, his properties are inherited by Government through the process of escheat.

@Mujahid Memon

@Areesh, instead of leaving ha ha reacts learn true Islam as above.

@Black Vigo, you learn true Islam as above too instead of from some Tableeghi mullah.

That is a reflection on us as a socitey and tells us more about ourselves than this family.
And she and her family have to live in this society not on Mars.

Hang on so apparently according to DIG Operations she has not been recovered, only a document has been found which erroneously reports her age as 18. Looks like media jumped the gun (for the 2nd time).

Yes she is not in psychical custody yet. Just a document. Confirmed by Punjab police.
Looks like now the family of groom is trying to hide them. That won't work for long though , soon she will be in custody.

waqt guzar gaya meray dost 13-14 saal ieh boys and girls bhag rahay hain 31 may inki 2 generations hun geen and you still looking for a date! boomer!
اچھی بات ہے پکے پکائے پوتے پوتیاں مل جائیں گے۔ بچوں کو پال پوس کر بڑا کرنے کی جھنجٹ ہی نہیں

@Asimzranger

yes the divorce should be easy... there is no other opinion underage marriages made leggal. but one need to tell the both there are very highend problme after divorce. one need to educate them that love is not haram but made easy the nikkah, it will solve many problems, nikah should be made easy, which eventually stop illegal relationships, but ,,, but at the same time need to educate them that it is not your playground, the life is more difficult and will bring youth to accept their responsibilities.

Back
Top Bottom