What's new

Kerala, Tamil Nadu face off over Mullaperiyar dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
elam daivatine kayil.......... eee oooomben chandi onum cheyan povunila

Those districts have an even bigger Hindu population. No, we cannot paint religion on this issue.....for obvious reasons.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

elam daivatine kayil.......... eee oooomben chandi onum cheyan povunila

achuthananthan erunnittu vallathum nadanno? Mandan veruthe nalu varsham dhoorthadichu kalanju.

May be its not to every one's taste, but I think we should also play the religious card to get the job done. The districts that will be affected has a huge Christian population. May be we should bring Vatican in to force the center to act.

Do you actually think Vatican is interested in our people? Only European pastors and nuns get the best. There's nothing they will do except raise further lies about our fellow mainstream Hindus and other faiths here to create more violence. That's the last thing you want. IF Vatican indeed was there for the benefits of all Christians, Philippines would have been like Japan today, thousands in Africa (Christian countries) won't be dying daily, nor there would be any violence in any of these.

The idea of conversion to them is just to make these people be loyal to them using spirituality in the excuse of politics.

Trust me brother, I know this very well as this is very infamous and bitter truth in my region. They are equally worse as these politicians; will make handpumps when on conversion drive but once converted will treat even new converts worse than what they were treated before conversion. Don't get that angle. There's a long real life story I have about something similar to tell you that I will PM you about it. But for now, just listen to what I said.

Better to just screw that 999 year treaty and start building the dam. What will happen can be negotiated later.

35 lakh lives are more important than any stupid paper signed between anyone (even if it was my home state Sikkim, I would refuse to accept it).

any way it takes two to tango, and I am out of here, and I request the other Tamilians to back off from this thread.
Let the Karliets do the tango.

did u suddenly recognize that this is PDF?

peoples problems are problem every were.

run and hide somewhere ur dirty politics works.

achuthananthan erunnittu vallathum nadanno? Mandan veruthe nalu varsham dhoorthadichu kalanju.

I used to like this man, but later found out that he is all talk and no action.Good Riddance. may he never become CM again, his party will make sure of that.

I didn't know there were this many keralites here...

May be its not to every one's taste, but I think we should also play the religious card to get the job done. The districts that will be affected has a huge Christian population. May be we should bring Vatican in to force the center to act.

I guess that will be suicide for Kerala because Jayalalitha is a staunch and practicing Hindu and any attempt to 'dictate' things to her especially by outside forces will only result in getting a GTFO response.

Both the Governments need to give and take something and climb down from their stubborn and adamant positions

^^
Yes, I've often got the feeling that for some reason the number of keralites here on this forumis disproportionately larger than the size of kerala's population compared to the rest of India's. I wonder why?

Kerala and Tamil Nadu re-validated the pact in 1970 (by com:achutha menon govt)

I dont know why Keralites dont see this.

This is not just about the pre-independent British treaty.

Its about the Agreement that was signed in, as late as , 1970.

Tamil Nadu is only claiming what is lawfully hers, according to the treaty/agreement that was signed in 1970 by the then CM of Kerala.

If lakhs of people are under threat that side, so are people on this side without the water.

I hope sense prevails and some conclusion can be achieved to the benefit of both states.

@bhairava

Lol......really ? Suffering people of Tamil nadu ? So let me try and get this straight......you're actually telling us that wiping out thousands of people in a single go is equivalent to some sort of " famine "?

Complete and utter BS if you ask me. Your govt is simply just incompetent or extremely corrupt. Water resources in TN can easily be restructured inorder to compensate for any "dearth" of water from mullapperiyar during the reconstruction period.

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

^^
Yes, I've often got the feeling that for some reason the number of keralites here on this forumis disproportionately larger than the size of kerala's population compared to the rest of India's. I wonder why?

Its probably because of the 90% literacy rate in kerala. Not to mention, that most people here are computer literate and internet savvy..........unlike some neighbouring states....

@bhairava

Lol......really ? Suffering people of Tamil nadu ? So let me try and get this straight......you're actually telling us that wiping out thousands of people in a single go is equivalent to some sort of " famine "?

Complete and utter BS if you ask me. Your govt is simply just incompetent or extremely corrupt. Water resources in TN can easily be restructured inorder to compensate for any "dearth" of water from mullapperiyar during the reconstruction period.

No mate, our Southern districts especially Theni,Madurai,Ramnad,Virudhunagar,Dindigul and even to some extent Thirunelveli depend on the Mullaiperiyar for their agriculture and without that it is essentially suicide for them.

So lives of people on both sides depend on the project and any decision taken must be compliant with the 1970 Agreement and to the mutual benefit of both people.

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Its probably because of the 90% literacy rate in kerala. Not to mention, that most people here are computer literate and internet savvy..........unlike some neighbouring states....

Buddy you can also say because they are not idle to spend time on an internet fora and have some job in real world.

Better to just screw that 999 year treaty and start building the dam. What will happen can be negotiated later.

35 lakh lives are more important than any stupid paper signed between anyone (even if it was my home state Sikkim, I would refuse to accept it).

With due respect you dont know the actual ground reality. There is more to it than just meets the eye.

Yet again tamilians are toeing the ridiculous 999 year pact line. So tell me......how many dams have stood the test of time for 999 YEARS?! Our government has already stated that not a single drop of water will be denied to the people of TN.......and yet you pricks are not satisfied. Its even more ridiculous and humiliating considering, that the dam is under Kerala govt. administration.

Lol....famine? TN govt. can easily re-route the water channel networks and establish supply routes to compensate for water deficiency during the reconstruction period.

I guess that will be suicide for Kerala because Jayalalitha is a staunch and practicing Hindu and any attempt to 'dictate' things to her especially by outside forces will only result in getting a GTFO response.

Both the Governments need to give and take something and climb down from their stubborn and adamant positions

What stubborn & adamant position? We need a new dam as the old one has outlived its life. Even modern concrete dams burst due to earthquake, while this dam is made of just limestone and jaggery.The lease is for 999 years, so sooner or latter a new dam has to be built as no dam can stand for this much time. So why can't build a new dam now?

Btw....like Marxist mentioned, kerala govt. Is seriously considering re-routing the water channel networks and connecting them to mullapperiyar. Once that happens...... you guys won't get any water....at all.

And no, you can't do jack about it either....except maybe "protest".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom