What's new

KONY 2012 (Our Duty To Our Own Humanity)

Deno

Reaction score
tumblr_m0g45rGqFE1qicyw4o1_500.jpg

kony2012.jpg

tumblr_m0he87BU0w1qccma6o1_500.jpg

KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.
Pledge your support at http://bit.ly/konydonate and continue to share this story.

KONY 2012 - YouTube

This video has been going all around my country. It did within seconds of it being posted. Mass protests and advertising marches are already being planned for next week.

This man must be brought to justice , i wish to participate in this one way or the other. No one decides to born in a specific part of the world , Where one lives shouldn't decide whether they live !

This man must be brought to justice , i wish to participate in this one way or the other. No one decides to born in a specific part of the world , Where one lives shouldn't decide whether they live !

Thank you for supporting this!! Thank you so much!!

Thank you for supporting this!! Thank you so much!!

During my stay in Pakistan i have seen a hell bunch of injustice being done to kids , child labor , sexual harassment even abuse in many cases which was enough to make me pull my hair. , but this is another world a totally different world where they are not having their fundamental rights , not even right to live. I was in tears during this video when this Jacob kid goes like , " i would rather die to see my brother , maybe i can see him in heavens and tell him that i love you " , i happen to have two younger brothers and putting my self in his shoes , i would be devastated.

Being Muslims its even more important for us as its part of our faith to stand up to injustice , the " real " soul of jihad.

During my stay in Pakistan i have seen a hell bunch of injustice being done to kids , child labor , sexual harassment even abuse in many cases which was enough to make me pull my hair. , but this is another world a totally different world where they are not having their fundamental rights , not even right to live. I was in tears during this video when this Jacob kid goes like , " i would rather die to see my brother , maybe i can see him in heavens and tell him that i love you " , i happen to have two younger brothers and putting my self in his shoes , i would be devastated.

Being Muslims its even more important for us as its part of our faith to stand up to injustice , the " real " soul of jihad.

I am not a muslim nor am I a religous person but I always loved Yunus Emres this two statements,

Yunus Emre ( Turkish poet and Sufi mystic ) once said, ''Sen sana ne sanırsan, ayruğada onu san. Dört kitabın manası budur eğer var ise''. It means, ''Wish others the same thing that you have wished for yourself. This is the meaning of the four books if there is one''

“I tried to make sense of the Four Books, until love arrived, and it all became a single syllable.”

There are around 150 forumer on Members area and there was only three supporter for this, this shows your understanding of sympathy!!!

My best wishes to you, to your brothers and to your family and loved ones! I hope their life will be good as your heart!!

Deno > Thank you for this greast thread .

I totally agree with you. I am very happy to see a true muslim.
I was very influenced by Shariati...

Whatever from the deepest of my heart, i am happy to read you :)

I am not a muslim nor am I a religous person but I always loved Yunus Emres this two statements,

Yunus Emre ( Turkish poet and Sufi mystic ) once said, ''Sen sana ne sanırsan, ayruğada onu san. Dört kitabın manası budur eğer var ise''. It means, ''Wish others the same thing that you have wished for yourself. This is the meaning of the four books if there is one''

“I tried to make sense of the Four Books, until love arrived, and it all became a single syllable.”

There are around 150 forumer on Members area and there was only three supporter for this, this shows your understanding of sympathy!!!

My best wishes to you, to your brothers and to your family and loved ones! I hope their life will be good as your heart!!

Muslim or no Muslim makes no difference to me , im not the one judging people around based on their faith structure or if they have one or not. Assuming most of the turks are muslims , i took that notion for you too.

All i was talking about is that human rights or standing up against the oppression & injustice of any sort is in the Muslim DNA & is a pivotal part of Islam. So for us its not just a moral responsibility but also a religious obligation.

Thanks for well wises - Çok teşekkür ederim

Muslim or no Muslim makes no difference to me , im not the one judging people around based on their faith structure or if they have one or not. Assuming most of the turks are muslims , i took that notion for you too.

All i was talking about is that human rights or standing up against the oppression & injustice of any sort is in the Muslim DNA & is a pivotal part of Islam. So for us its not just a moral responsibility but also a religious obligation.

Thanks for well wises - Çok teşekkür ederim

No no I was not offended about being called muslim. I wouldn't even state that I wasn't a muslim. I would just wrote about Yunus Emre and thanked you. I stated that I am not a muslim because Islam is very strick and clear on that issue ''not being a muslim but claiming one''. I respect that and thats why I wrote that. :)

You are very welcome.

Thanks, Deno. I've heard about the Lord's Army before but I had thought that it would be like all those other rebel groups operating all over Africa from Sierra Leone to Zaire who may have had a just cause to begin with but their methodology defeated the very purpose of it all....but Mr.Kony takes criminality to a whole new level.

Very informative and very encouraging. I wish we would have learned to harness popular support and have individuals like Gaven's Dad in the Muslim World....we have a lot of causes worth fighting for in the world !

Back
Top Bottom