What's new

KONY 2012 (Our Duty To Our Own Humanity)

By the way the LRA is a fundamentalist Christian terrorist militia...

Sorry to rain on your parade...

In some ways, the Kony video works because it simplifies the story. “I too have serious problems with their theory of change,” said online cause video expert Michael Hoffman, whose firm See3 Communications administers the annual DoGooder Nonprofit Video Awards. But he says the video succeeded because it “uses something that those of us in fundraising know well, it’s all about the donor. This isn’t about Ugandans or even Kony, this is about this guy and his kid and young people in the U.S. It’s about you the viewer.”

Millions shared the Kony story (no telling yet how many who did actually watched all 30 minutes). Says Hoffman: “it empowers people here to think they can have an impact and gives them a simple way to achieve it. The challenge that many of our clients have is that they aren’t willing to focus so narrowly on a single mission, to ‘dumb it down’ enough to have this kind of very clear and very narrow focus, which is part of why this works.”

Adds Zuckerman in his must-read post: “I’m starting to wonder if this is a fundamental limit to attention-based advocacy. If we need simple narratives so people can amplify and spread them, are we forced to engage only with the simplest of problems? Or to propose only the simplest of solutions?”

The #StopKony Backlash: Complexity and the Challenges of Slacktivism - Forbes

I totally agree with this campaign whatever they doing. But when the US killing thousands of muslims in Iraq, Afghanistan with the money of these people who starts this campaign. where they go ! when this happen, sitting in this country who doing this all cruel stuff killing thousand of childrens and womens and they have approach to the white house why nt protesting for them are they ******* blind.

And where the cruel things happen not to forget (only in muslim countrys) like Palestian, Kashmir many more muslim countrys every one knows abt it . Im asking why only muslim countrys ?

Spending Billions of $$$ on killing innocent muslim didnt even know who does the ******* 9/11 drama . why dont they shift the money on kony type of cruel accident to make the world better place ooohhh i forgot the US wants only make this world hell.

btw why cant they post one more picture of bush with kony on this poster his only cousin appear on tht pic named Osama bin laden

Luckily for these profiteering bs activist behind this "documentary" action movie the guys name is simple and easy for western audiences to pronounce "Kony" luckily his name isn't "Thiruvunumanaparam" otherwise they wouldnt even go after him because his name is too long and confusing no matter how many people he killed.

Most important thing in this campaing he is not helping Uganda... This video shows us that in modern internet culture, pople can make their voice heard!! The feeling of being alone in this planet or feeling of being weak because of our lack of mpac on our own lifes is obsulute with internet!!

Most important lesson from KONY 2012 fo us should be, We can make things happen. Just like invisible children, us people of the eas could make our own voce heard in places where people in power decide for our own lifes, mainly in US and EU...

With good planng people of he east can have a say n their lifes and maybe even stop this enless waars we had face for last 50 years... It is not a very easy path but I think it sure is one hell of a cause :D

Thanks Deno for your attention.I never thought such monsters are still living in the world.I hope he receives what he truly deserves.

mHXj0.jpg

What i don't understand is why people expect USA and Western Countries to wipe the rear ends of other countries, that is the UN's job, there is a reason why its called the United Nations, why should US/West alone burden itself to go around and be the clean up guy providing free food and donations to poverty stricken nations only to have the population of those countries double, even triple and to have them become dependent on foreign donations and free aid rather than self sufficiency. White Westerners are despised and hated in that part of the world for interfering in African affairs, so why should Whites or anyone for that matter interfere? Why can't the surrounding African countries do take action?

Haiti is a country in which the African slaves overthrew their white Government, butchered the white population, and became the first independent Black country in the Western Hemisphere, a country ruled by none other than the Blacks themselves. But unlike the US, which also gained its independence around the same time, Haiti was not developing, instead Haiti became engulfed into anarchy, violence, cannibalism, rape, torture, and all of the old Mansions, Castles, Courthouses, Cathedrals built by the French were vandalized, aged, and ultimately destroyed.

Then the US marines came in 1915, stabilized the country, rebuilt it and brought democracy, but when the Marines left, once again Haiti was engulfed in anarchy, unrest, rape, cannibalism, torture, and everything the Marines had constructed was left neglected and ultimately destroyed. And the marines had to come again a few times later, but as before Haiti went back to being itself. This is just an example, you can't change something that is bound to repeat itself/ Indeed i do feel sad for those children, but it is the duty of African countries themselves to take action against that Kony guy.

@ Hassan

That's what I've been saying, let the AU take care of this, it is within their jurisidiction after all. Let the UN Peacekeeping Mission resolve this if need be.

By the way doesn't Pakistan have UN Peacekeepers already in Uganda or at one point in time.

@ Hassan

That's what I've been saying, let the AU take care of this, it is within their jurisidiction after all. Let the UN Peacekeeping Mission resolve this if need be.

By the way doesn't Pakistan have UN Peacekeepers already in Uganda or at one point in time.

I agree, the Africans themselves are responsible for this problem, they must take action. Regarding Pakistani UN troops, i think they are in Congo.

BTW, why is everything on Bold?

Pakistan Army should deploy in Uganda to destroy Konya....

It is not necessary of US involvements to boost their reputations and hall of fames.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom