What's new

KONY 2012 (Our Duty To Our Own Humanity)

tumblr_m0g45rGqFE1qicyw4o1_500.jpg

kony2012.jpg

tumblr_m0he87BU0w1qccma6o1_500.jpg

KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.
Pledge your support at http://bit.ly/konydonate and continue to share this story.

KONY 2012 - YouTube

Please listen carefully what the guy says From 13:50-14:19.

Basically the American government doesn't care whether or not if innocent people die or not, they are only worried about their so called "national" and "financial" interests, in other words they will support the overthrow of stable governments and replace them with terrorist organizations like al-ciada (Libya, Syria) who are responsible for the deaths of thousands ans continue to butcher more innocent people.

Didn't any of you watch Blood Diamond? Remember how the kids were abducted, and brainwashed to join the army? Yeah, that's happening all the time. There are 19 different militia groups who do this. Oh, but now suddenly you all give a sh!t because of some viral video?

Atrocities from the LRA have been happening since 1987. It is disturbing to me that it’s been over 23 years and people haven’t been doing much about it. I am predicting that KONY 2012 will unfortunately fizzle out like RED and OCCUPY WALL STREET did. Movements this like are opportunity for privileged men and women from north America and around the globe to feel like they are global advocates, but I am skeptical about how much of a difference they are/can make.People aren’t going to start reducing their CO2 emissions until it gets so hot outside that their lawn is on fire, and people aren’t going to start changing problems created by the LRA until they have seen villages burned to the ground. Over 20 years of the world doing nothing is evidence of this. In a culture motivated by fear, I feel like the only thing besides fear that will motivate people is for the situation to be REAL to them. I really want the terrible things that are happening in this world to stop, but I am disappointed that it has not. However, I hope this project is extremely successful.

It's funny how you never know about it until some video comes out on the topic. This is the real world.

Anyways, I was really sad but I don't think this project will last very long as people just do not care. You could see the US politicans. They will only go into a country for their benefit.

Basically the American government doesn't care whether or not if innocent people die or not, they are only worried about their so called "national" and "financial" interests, in other words they will support the overthrow of stable governments and replace them with terrorist organizations like al-ciada (Libya, Syria) who are responsible for the deaths of thousands ans continue to butcher more innocent people.

Thats a fact for every country on earth not just US.... this is about helping not bashing US....

Thats a fact for every country on earth not just US.... this is about helping not bashing US....

Not at all, why would i bash America, only discussing the hypocrisy of the government. US needs to help itself first, i can't really see why everyone always expects Americans to aid others, especially now that Americans are facing increasing unemployment, homelessness, increase in crime rate, and the largest debt in human history.

This man must be brought to justice , i wish to participate in this one way or the other. No one decides to born in a specific part of the world , Where one lives shouldn't decide whether they live !

around 2 years before, I had got a face to face with few Australian rulers on the issue of boat people coming from Afghanistan to Australia. I argued, "even if you justify bombing on Afghanistan because you are targeting the militants, how can you justify yourself if you kick those Afghan families who are coming to Australia by boat, with their women and kids, who are on run from there due to threat of bombing by NATO’s air strikes?" :hitwall:

I clearly said, “until Australia is part of NATO's war in Afghan which require bombing on the Afghan people to target militants, all those Afghan’s and Pak’s tribal area’s families who are threatened by these air strikes and are coming to Australia by boat, must be defended in Australia. It is inhuman to refuse the Afghan boat people if Australia is part of that war which require bombing on Afghan and Pak’s tribal areas.” :meeting:

Julia Gillard to send back boatpeople
Paul Maley and Samantha Maiden
July 05, 2010 12:00AM

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

images

images

images

images

images

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for bringing this to the forum - my 10 year old niece made me watch this. She had filmed her fellow school kids watching this - and was surprised at the tears of such young kids and how emotional they got, This video has avalanched and simply everyone is talking about it. Lets hope it reaches influential people and they take it to their hearts too - then perhaps the world will become a better place for all.

Never heard of this.....creature known as Joseph Kony.

Thanks for sharing. I hope the army brings him and his ilk to justice, and that the likes of LRA can never rise again. In fact, this isn't the first time child soldiers were being used - even today.

While people focused on this low level war criminal and demanding his arrest people have forgotten the even bigger criminals like Pres. Bush. Look at how people are so motivated to stop violence in Uganda against some local warlord but little to say against someone whose war led to hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Personally, this is over hyped documentary another cause for the left-wing humanitarian peace movement types to get excited about. People think they can score points by nabbing this African warlord but wot go after the more powerful Western criminals.

Besides UN Peacekeepers are in Uganda they should be authorized to deal with this issue with force if needed be.

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

It's not the American Governments responsibility to go and save Uganda and bring peace there. Why do we have the UN peacekeeping mission? Seriously, you people need to stop thinking of America all the time why don't you take the first step. As for Pakistan I do believe Pakistan has UN peacekeepers in Uganda.

It's funny how you never know about it until some video comes out on the topic. This is the real world.

Anyways, I was really sad but I don't think this project will last very long as people just do not care. You could see the US politicans. They will only go into a country for their benefit.

TYT discusses these.
KONY 2012 Trailer - TYT Discussion - YouTube

Fools, there are tens of African countries let the AU deal with this mess, if they truly care about their fellow Africans. The rest of you eat dinner and go to sleep okay and continue on with your lives.

Oh my God -JUST-oh my God.

Oh My God just oh my God! We've never seen people killing each other what a bad man he is! Oh my Good look I'm getting emotional. Look there are children dying in Palestine by Israel for the past decades some of the most wicked atrocities imaginable. This hacking and brute force you see in Uganda is nothing. Look at all the barbarity in history, this is low level stuff.

Stop acting like this is incredible, in Africa there are warlords and yes they do bad things. Was this really a shocker to you?

You human rights activist go after Ariel Sharon if he's still squirming, or GB, DR, DC, TB, and a whole set of others.

Hell go after Modhi...

Kony 2012: Is it a scam?

A video on YouTube has gone viral with over 15 million views within 48 hours; and it’s still on the rise. The video, entitled “Kony 2012″ was produced by Jason Russell, the founder of the Invisible Children, Inc. (IC). The video, above, is intended to take advantage of the mass media of Facebook and Twitter to reach millions of viewers around the world by Dec. 31, 2012 when it expires.

Kony, the #1 most wanted criminal by the International Criminal Court, leads the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA), an organization that abducts children in Central Africa and uses them for horrific crimes of murder and prostitution. There are rumors that he may already be dead and that his capture would not end the organization. However, IC intends to expose and make “famous” this crime lord in order to ensure his capture in 2012 by way of the recently published video.

What makes the video seem like a “scam” is the solicitation of donations and purchase of the action kit which includes two bracelets, t-shirt, stickers, buttons and posters for $30. IC has made almost $14 million dollars with approximately 31% going towards helping anyone, according to news site The Daily What, and backed up by the organization’s own financial records.

A blog called “Visible Children” also holds a laundry list of criticisms levied against Invisible Children from the blog’s writer, Grant Oyston, and links to various pieces written by news outlets such as Foreign Policy, The Telegraph and the Washington Post.

What some refer to as “emotional ****,” this video grabs the viewers and implores them to support actions that can help apprehend Kony. On April 20, 2012, the IC wants everyone to put up posters across the world from dusk until dawn to make a point to US Congressmen and Senators that the people “care.” However, these posters must be purchased at a cost to each emotionally moved viewer.

Use judgment and proceed with caution. The LRA is a real organization and the fight to destroy the organization is real. However, IC might be using the opportunity to take advantage of people’s emotions for financial gain.

This video has really gone viral. I sincerely hope its not a con and people are not using it as a scam - pretty low if it is...

Back
Top Bottom