What's new

Light Commando Battalions - LCBs

I think they us APC not MRAP !

MRAP's. I have seen many pics, at this moment I could find this one only.

dMVijG1.png

Last edited:
So forces are getting upgraded but thanks to govt no concrete step for police !

Why Air Fore needs MRAP for Base protection ? APC dragoon and M-113 is not enough ?

IMO, protection against explosives terrorists plant everytime they infiltrate into a military installation.

Because they are rumored to withstand even rpg fire in some instances.

RPG's penetrated these vehicles in Afghanistan, eventually ISAF added cage armour.

I believe a squad/platoon/fireteam should consist of odd numbers instead of even.
It can improve the probability of mission success and team efficiency.
Say if you have a 2 man fireteam 1 man dies and the command ppl r only left with 1 man bringing down the mission success probability.

It is an interesting principle if my fellow forumers get what Im trying to say.

Don't know if this video has been posted before, but it shows the LCBs in action and also shows their training regimen.

Gives a pretty good idea about what they are going to be used for and what their role is.

These brave men charge in battle with focus and quick well trained actions, but the vehicles they have to insert into operations look like they leave the men vulnerable to getting hit. The helicopters have a lot of men in one helicopter (Puma in this case), fast roping down, where they could be shot down. (Should Pakistan look to acquire Little Bird Helicopters, gives these commando some of the Puma 6x6 armored vehicles; a mix of speed and armour, unlike the MRAPs which have more armour but less speed, and some)

This is very similar to The Black Hawk Down fiasco in Somalia, when one then a second black hawk was shot down and changed the whole mission.
BTW here is actual footage from the real Black hawk down mission. The fast tempo shows that in a short order of time, the enemy can destroy your center of gravity, and take control of the flow of the battle.

also this is something naval commando NSSG could look into

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom