What's new

List of websites blocked in the People's Republic of China

Status
Not open for further replies.
I belive in freedom of the press and I highly doubt if the people of China decide the Chinese goverment should decide what they could see and hear. I doubt if the Chinese people decided they should have to be fined or put in re-education camps for what they say or heard.

From the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire, let freedom ring. From the mighty mountains of New York, let freedom ring. From the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania, let freedom ring ... Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill
Author: Martin Luther King Jr.

Martin Luther King Jr was assassinated - perhaps by people from your governments clandestine agencies.

That video was in January 2010.
It's now half a year later and I don't see any signs of imminent collapse.

And even if China does collapse, why would America be happy? Do you not realise the knock on effect that would have on other economies particularly the US?

Actually if that happens these companies which source from China be the first to collapse with todays stock market paranoia followed by the bank who loaned them the cash which is probably 75% of them.

Actually if that happens these companies which source from China be the first to collapse with todays stock market paranoia followed by the bank who loaned them the cash which is probably 75% of them.

I dont hope China collapses, and I agree the effect would be world wide. Heres what I can see happening, and I am the first to say no one knows what the future will bring.

Heres what I see and my conclusions, China is on a winning streak, winning streaks never last for ever, neither does an economy, by the vary nature they are cyclic, a basic law of nature, things change. China is a place of riseing expectations, there are lot of people that see a lot of sucessful people and they want a piece of the the pie. A third of the Chinese have internet access, while the Chinese Censorship can keep a lid on things right now, they cant for ever and they would not even have Censorship if they were not frighten of their own people learning the truth about a lot of things such this small part of a list on wikipedia,

Social issues in the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Government and law
Lack of democratic practice and power invested in citizenry
Government's abuse of power (滥用职权)
Useless positions in civil service and redundant government agencies
Corruption (nepotism, cronyism, wasting public funds, bribery, buildings, and huge government squaresetc.)
Face projects (面子工程), including building useless roads,
Tofu-dreg projects (豆腐渣工程) , means jerry-buildings
government-commerce relationships (官商勾结)
Lack of the rule of law
Corruption of the legal system (司法制度腐败)
Fusion and unclear definition on the powers of the government and judiciary

and there is much more.

Sooner or later something is going to happen. A natural economic down turn, a trade war with the USA alone would cause a down turn and the unemployment of millions, perhaps with the EU.

"Some academics hold that China's fragile social balance, combined with a bubble economy makes China an extremely unstable country, while others argue China's societal trends have created a balance to sustain itself."

Theres no such thing as a sustained self, thats like saying there is Perpetual motion.

There no real Mechanism built in to the Chinese Communist Goverment to deal with conflict with its citizens except repression and sooner or later that does not work.

I expect to see the Chinese erupt into open revolt in the next five years, ten years at the longest.

Actually I don't see what the big deal is with China blocking these websites because most people in China knows that to bypass the Firewall they would just use proxy servers which can be done quite easily. I believe the government bans them as a token sign but doesn't really crack down on people who do not abide by them.

Besides the really important internal issues which concern the lives of the common people spread quickly thru the chats (MSN/QQ). And thats really what matters to them.

Actually come to think of it, most of those proxy sites are blocked now in China. Interesting thing is that the ones that are not blocked are those American ones that you have to pay for their services. Now, I am wondering if the blockage of those free proxy sites has anything to do with those paid proxy sites in bed with the Chinese government to eliminate their competitions.

I expect to see the Chinese erupt into open revolt in the next five years, ten years at the longest.
I predict that you will be proven wrong in the next five years, ten years at the longest.

Do you even know anything of China's internal affairs, or do you just watch CNN/Fox?

I dont hope China collapses, and I agree the effect would be world wide. Heres what I can see happening, and I am the first to say no one knows what the future will bring.

Heres what I see and my conclusions, China is on a winning streak, winning streaks never last for ever, neither does an economy, by the vary nature they are cyclic, a basic law of nature, things change. China is a place of riseing expectations, there are lot of people that see a lot of sucessful people and they want a piece of the the pie. A third of the Chinese have internet access, while the Chinese Censorship can keep a lid on things right now, they cant for ever and they would not even have Censorship if they were not frighten of their own people learning the truth about a lot of things such this small part of a list on wikipedia,

Social issues in the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Government and law
Lack of democratic practice and power invested in citizenry
Government's abuse of power (滥用职权)
Useless positions in civil service and redundant government agencies
Corruption (nepotism, cronyism, wasting public funds, bribery, buildings, and huge government squaresetc.)
Face projects (面子工程), including building useless roads,
Tofu-dreg projects (豆腐渣工程) , means jerry-buildings
government-commerce relationships (官商勾结)
Lack of the rule of law
Corruption of the legal system (司法制度腐败)
Fusion and unclear definition on the powers of the government and judiciary

and there is much more.

Sooner or later something is going to happen. A natural economic down turn, a trade war with the USA alone would cause a down turn and the unemployment of millions, perhaps with the EU.

"Some academics hold that China's fragile social balance, combined with a bubble economy makes China an extremely unstable country, while others argue China's societal trends have created a balance to sustain itself."

Theres no such thing as a sustained self, thats like saying there is Perpetual motion.

There no real Mechanism built in to the Chinese Communist Goverment to deal with conflict with its citizens except repression and sooner or later that does not work.

Hey, CAPTAIN, where did you copy your post from this time? want me to find it out for you or you ready to turn yourself in for once, everybody knew you can't construct a simple sentence on your own.
Btw, how do you feel when members on this forum knew you are nothing but a hate "Clown" may be the last illiterate self proclaim American on earth, a self-hated jerk lack the dignity to show your true identity, now carry on with your copy and paste hate post, enjoy it while it last.:argh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom