What's new

Locally made TVs dominate market

But, WALTON is doing very well. It imports many of the parts and assemble them in their factories. Please understand that the parts are produced as per Walton Specifications and not from the producers’ own shelf.

Walton products have high demands abroad. But, it will take quite a few years to become like a Sony or Hitachi company. So, it has to improve the quality and longevity to be adored by the consumers.

Sony or Hitachi?

Who buys their stuff anymore?

Samsung and LG for TVs

German Bosch for home appliances.

Apple for phones, computers and gadgets.

Japan still makes good quality mid range cars.

I prefer Sony TVs especially but having a domestic TV industry is a huge step up for any country.

They are no longer big names in Europe and North America.
Sony is producing films in Hollywood and Hitachi is in other big businesses. Both remain impressive big names in the world.

But, both are not in the consumer electronics like before. Hitachi can produce pin to plane, almost, but not like Mitsubishi. But, then, Mitsubishi does not produce consumer goods. It produces heavy items.

The GoJ does not encourage it to enter the Japanese car market because it can outcompete other car makers. So, M/ car production is limited.

Last edited:
I prefer Sony TVs especially but having a domestic TV industry is a huge step up for any country.
50 years ago my father bought sony tv as his first tv ever. After a few years he switched to philips.

I think Panasonic has the actual real premium TVs, too bad they aren't sold in Vietnam, only EU and Japan for some reasons :(
It is not always true that famous brands contest in all the markets in the world. It raises their operating costs that causes less profits.

Usually, when a big company is in a country, companies from other countries do not come with similar products. They come with other products with less competitions.

It is not always true that famous brands contest in all the markets in the world. It raises their operating costs that causes less profits.

Usually, when a big company is in a country, companies from other countries do not come with similar products. They come with other products with less competitions.
I just wish Panasonic sell their OLED in Vietnam.

I think Panasonic has the actual real premium TVs, too bad they aren't sold in Vietnam, only EU and Japan for some reasons :(
Didn't try Panasonic so can't comment on that.

Back
Top Bottom