What's new

Walton says its smart TV gets huge response in Ireland market

What hardware designed in the West and manufactured in China, aside from (some) Western brands (even so, probably only artistic design carried out in the West, but engineering design are in China). Can you name few recognisable Chinese brand products designed in the West, especially engineering design: high speed railway and trains, urban trains, petrol cars and electric cars, aircraft, mobiphone...

This is only a wishful thinking from the West, and created by Western media. I work in enhineering and have seen the decline of a big Western company which have been closely working at big projects in Vietnam for last 20 years when they no longer do field works but focus on engineering design. Working far away and separate from production shops or construction sites will make the design (both artistic and engineering) unrealistic and eventually unusable.

I doubt even the western brand softwares are actually developed in the West, as the top quality workforce (in math) are East Asian. They may have outsourced this work too to China or Korea
all smartphones and stb use ARM processors, which technology is from the west.

Certainly not today's TVs. You must be thinking about the cathode ray tubes. LEDs were invented in Japan in early 2000s. From then on both design and manufacturing come from Japan, Korea or China.

You can design and prototype must faster when you are near components. Whether it is tvs, computers, washing machines or cars you can design and make a working model far faster in China than anywhere else because the parts for everything are there.
smart tv capabilities use western software (android, linux)

It's funny because if something allow a atacker to take over the control of the device, it's this, and it's cheap to develop a own SO, but they prefer to be under the west control.

Last edited:
all smartphones and stb use ARM processors, which technology is from the west.

You seems not so sure with a very vague answer (technology and design are different areas, albeit related), so I will not reply in detail.

You seems not so sure with a very vague answer (technology and design are different areas, albeit related), so I will not reply in detail.

I dont know what you understand by design, maybe the design and colors of the box.

ARM processors is a western designed technology, a processor architecture, all made in the West, without that it didnt work Smart TV features.

Android is a western designed technology, a software, linux based, the core of Smart TV, and what it allows to take over the control of a device hacking it remotely, or be the real owner of the device, banning the apps that you dont like.

If you understand by "design" how to position the electronic components in a PCB, well, that's fine, it can be done in the East, or everywhere

I dont know what you understand by design, maybe the design and colors of the box.

ARM processors is a western designed technology, a processor architecture, all made in the West, without that it didnt work Smart TV features.

Android is a western designed technology, a software, linux based, the core of Smart TV, and what it allows to take over the control of a device hacking it remotely, or be the real owner of the device, banning the apps that you dont like.

If you understand by "design" how to position the electronic components in a PCB, well, that's fine, it can be done in the East, or everywhere

All of the key platforms are western designed and built.

Features built on those platforms are mostly built in the east because it is cheap.

Back
Top Bottom