What's new

Long march Updates: Ends. Successful before sit-in

The Long march movement is planning to host a sit-in at the Constitution Avenue

• I support it!

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • I don't support it!

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters
Congratulations to you too. I hope halat of Pakistan finally gets better now.
Yes dude, my eyes are in tears. This is probably the best news I have heared in my life. At last, I have seen something good about my homeland in my lifetime. Who says Pakistan will not be around in 2020? They should have a look at the mood of the Pakistani people. For the first time, I have found confidence in my people. Bravo, Bravo, Bravo. I bow my head and say thank you, all of you who left the comfort of your house for a just cause. May Allah bless you.

Yes dude, my eyes are in tears. This is probably the best news I have heared in my life. At last, I have seen something good about my homeland in my lifetime. Who says Pakistan will not be around in 2020? They should have a look at the mood of the Pakistani people. For the first time, I have found confidence in my people. Bravo, Bravo, Bravo. I bow my head and say thank you, all of you who left the comfort of your house for a just cause. May Allah bless you.

Good for you man! Congratulations! A landmark victory in our history, No doubt!

Thread is up and running: http://www.defence.pk/forums/national-political-issues/23428-justice-iftikhar-chaudhry-restored-chief-justice-pakistan.html

I support it cause without a decent trias politicas there is no reason to trust anything. I do not know enough about the people acting in this field but with politicians on the rudder we can expect troubles. I hope that CJ will be back. I hope he will do his task as we should expect. If that means that people get jailed then so be it.

The first two cases:
-Zardari (misuse in the past, ans misuse now)
-Sharif (hijacking a plane, Kargil)

My cents.

you expressed wat pakistanis must be feeling today in a best possible way. simply nailed it bro..
:pakistan:

I support it cause without a decent trias politicas there is no reason to trust anything. I do not know enough about the people acting in this field but with politicians on the rudder we can expect troubles. I hope that CJ will be back. I hope he will do his task as we should expect. If that means that people get jailed then so be it.

The first two cases:
-Zardari (misuse in the past, ans misuse now)
-Sharif (hijacking a plane, Kargil)

My cents.

Please care about your own country or have enough pride to show your real flags as for the facts we know that both politicians are no angels Kargil was a Musharraf mistake as for the highjacking puh-lease man, if you are one maybe you are hiding that too!

Whatever happened I am happy as Pakistani. It was scary feeling if Sindhies start feeling alienated and could cause any revolt against confederation. It has happy ending, thats enough. If Zaradari lose somthing in this reinstatement, but on the other hand Nawaz shareef lost alot. Because CJ won't be act like before, because his any judiciary act against or in favor of politician will be very controversial. I hope he invest his time on social problem and less time on politicians.
Now we ll see roti will be 50 pisa and will be easy survival for the poors......???????

All politics aside, this is a great news. I think as retarded as Pakistan's politics are, this is one step which sets the country on the right footing. Not because of the fact that the person of the CJP Iftikhar has been restored, rather the fact that the institution of judiciary has been restored as an equal to the other two equals of Judiciary I.E. the exec and the parliament.

While I do not have excessive expectations from the restored CJP as he owes too many too much, I hope his constituency I.E. the judiciary asserts itself and revamps the entire judicial system of Pakistan. There is no room for the same old to carry on. People need justice and this should be seen in the context of what is going on in the name of Islam in swat. Its all because of the lack of justice that people are going over to more extreme ways.

Rule of law has to be the bedrock of any state on the path of development. As much as I liked Musharraf, I think he made the wrong call on the CJP issue. Lets hope and pray that this puts the nation on the right "keel". I use the word "keel" because every single martial law (Ayub's, Yahya's and Zia's) were imposed with this word being used. I think this restoration is probably the key for a better system of transparency and checks & balances.

I hope its not lost on the people that the Army had a very big role here in putting the country back on the right track.

All politics aside, this is a great news. ......I hope its not lost on the people that the Army had a very big role here in putting the country back on the right track.
Very well drafted Blain2, very well drafted. Man you should write columns in the news papers. You have great command of English as well as capability to put your thoughts in meaningful and understandable write-ups.

Indeed, Gen. Kiyani is undoing the damage that his predecessor has done to the reputation of this prestigious institution.

the Army had a very big role here in putting the country back on the right track.

Do you think the army will do so in the future and controll the governments from the Barracks, a kind of new military rule without direct intervention or just like this issue only in time of real tensions do you think the army will step in?

Back
Top Bottom