What's new

Low cost ventilator - Indigenous production - Covid-19

What our ruling elite forgot or chose to forgot in their quest to rape the country [they needed to masses to be sedate sheep and religion did the trick] is that the real power, strength, might of a country is a educated population. No tanks, fighters, mullahs, madaris can match a highly educated, scientific people. Try take on tiny Israel and you will see. What makes USA a superpower? What is leading China to the top?

A highly literate, secular educated people.

Had Pakistan invested massively in 1960s in education and birth control by now it would be another South Korea and population growth would have stabilized.##

Instead this bunch got to call the shots over vast majority of Pakistanis.

Muttahida-Mujlis-e-Amal_TrainMarch2.jpg
You're nailing it.

My sentiments exactly. Here in UK Prime Minister Johnson apealled yesterday for increased production of ventilators. Today dozens of people have answered the call. from F1 Mclaren racing team to hoover/vacuam manufactuers to small companies. Figures like 2,000 ventilators a day are now about to be hit. That means within weeks the country will have 10,000s of ventilators. All this is possible because even within a small country like UK they have the men [women] in large numbers who have the education, knowledge and skills to at a drop of the hat make ventilators in huge numbers. All this points to quality manpower within the country produced by a quality secular, secular education.

Now compare Pakistan. A country with four times greater population. So we have huge manpower. But what fcukin good are they? Besides giving fatwas, religious mumbo jumbo, million Quran hafiz, ten million madaris graduates, heap load of bullshat. Right no no fcukin dail a mullah or any mullah can help. Science, modern engineering and skills that are cornerstone of secular West and athiest China is what going to save the world.

If only our people realised this and began to re-configure Pakistan society toward the future so in a generation we too have a modern society.

well said,
the problem is not religion it is our people's culture which has hijacked Islam. If they practice it to its true potential, Pakistan or infact Muslim world would not be in such a mess.

However, it would be foolish to disregard other confounding factors that have damaged Pakistani development in certain fields. While I agree with @Indus Pakistan and his enthused commentary on the subject of the direction our educational programmes have taken, external threats, damage, sabotage and subterfuge cannot be ignored either.

In short, we're in the mess we're in because of external and internal enemies. But we knew this all along. Now we must fix it.

Threads like this are a great start.

the problem is not religion
Religion per se is not a problem. The rub in anything is the interpretation. In Pakistan religion has been hjacked by a class of ignorant people who use it for their political power.

I don’t see how if i were an engineer, 4 books of religion would prevent me from inventing an electric car
Have a look at Pakistan and tell me where it is? Then look at next door Afghanistan is even more religious and see where that country is. Or Saudia. Only Muslim country with advanced industry is Turkey?

Wonder why? *secular* cough !

What was our priority untill last few week aurat march :pop:

Organizing masses to spread this virus to the max around the cities

• Ab Aurat march kerlo , ya virus protection strategy implement ker lo
  • Bahi ab jao , road per ka ker demonstratin karo , mera Jism meri merzi

You can't have a Feminist rally and Virus prevention strategy at same time

:coffee:
  1. Cases in China happened in December 31st
  2. We had 60 days, to lock down air travel and prevent anyone from outside to just walk around into city without being tested

• Acha nahi hota 30 days ago Prime Minister , notice de detain , public ko please store food for 30-60 days

Last edited:
l
Have a look at Pakistan and tell me where it is? Then look at next door Afghanistan is even more religious and see where that country is. Or Saudia. Only Muslim country with advanced industry is Turkey?

Wonder why? *secular* cough !
Hey,

Give me your ears, Come closer

“How about, i tell you a little secret ?”

Turkey ? Exposure to European education and technology as well as political Alliance on Big level with the Educated countries.

Iran ? Has a strong base of scientists but no exposure... Hijacked by a regime and facing sanctions

KSA ? Doesn’t need scientists as it uses money to buy things directly...

Now here is the secret you wanted to hear. Religion is a tool of politics, A really effective tool. You can create Alliances and riots using this card, You can shape a community or destroy a community using this same card. You can educate masses or make them worse using this same card.

It all comes down to interpretation and exploitation of masses using it.

Pakistan ? This element has existed in Pakistan but on an insignificant level. Forget the maddrasa population of this country which doesn’t even make of 3% of Legit Pak Nationals. What other 97% has done ? What have you done except for discussing here on PDF ? Or me ? Nothing more than them but nothing bad either...

You are hell bent on ignoring several other significant and most responsible factors such as Government policies towards education, Investment on Education, Institutes, Quality Teachers and Extremely strict rules, Budget to Promote Events for innovation, to award those that come up with new things and researches.

This is what has affected us the most, not some small madrassas that have given you nightmares...

PMIK when came into Seat, Said that “Hum madaris ko HEC ke under laenge, wahan education promote karenge”, No fu*ng step taken yet. This is the problem of Pakistan. Corrupt government bunch with the worst ever bureaucrats...

What was our priority untill last few week aurat march :pop:

Organizing masses to spread this virus to the max around the cities

• Ab Aurat march kerlo , ya virus protection strategy implement ker lo
And then some people close one eye and see madrassas only...

Agreed...

These stupid elements which use either religion or secular cards to keep the masses involved into non productive, Riot-ic activities should have been dealt with heavy hands but when these same hands are carrying heavy cash bags, What can you expect ?

Aik din main sab kuch nhi hojata time ka sath hojaye ga ab kar rhay hain

For building a ventilator you don't need to invest in education. You need ventilator making factories mtlab you need capital skilled labor bhi mil Jaye gi capital ho to
Not referring to ventilators, in general, A Tech industry in Pak by freshers and experienced professionals...

As for the Madaris, HEC and PMIK, We should have heard at least a word by now but not even a minor update on this prospect. It’s not an easy job to do, I Agree. These madaris owners, Many are quite ignorant and arrogant or some are linked to groups while others recieve fundings from elsewhere. Not easy to get them all on board but DANDA is always an option...

He is building skill centres for madrassh students. And a lot of madrassh students also study in school they get admission in madrasah after primary education and after becoming hafiz take admission in class 8.
I Pray for this to result positively

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/61...estone-in-educational-reform-process-minister

Not referring to ventilators, in general, A Tech industry in Pak by freshers and experienced professionals...

As for the Madaris, HEC and PMIK, We should have heard at least a word by now but not even a minor update on this prospect. It’s not an easy job to do, I Agree. These madaris owners, Many are quite ignorant and arrogant or some are linked to groups while others recieve fundings from elsewhere. Not easy to get them all on board but DANDA is always an option...

science and technology requires huge spending in health and education sector but we have lowest budget for this,such technology cannot be achieved for free,I think it has more to do with governance than religion otherwise italy would not be seeing 800 daily deaths from corona virus as they are not Islamic nation
Pakistan needs more of these ...

16515387_16490073.jpg

Not these ..

islamabad-pakistan-pakistani-female-students-of-a-hardline-islamist-picture-id74385510

No I won't. It';s okay for you and me to sitr and enjoy the fruits of a modern, secular, western country including it's health service. But my thoughts for millions of possible victims in Pakistan. You might be able to dial 999 and get help. What will a poor villager in Pakistan do? Call 'dial a mullah'?

All I want is the fruits I and you enjoy in UK to be also available to my people in Pakistan.
I can feel the pain in your posts.
You and I know that nothing is going to change.
Change requires a change of thinking and values. We are not prepared to undergo that change. The opium that the masses are brought up on from birth has Pakistan in a stranglehold.

Ab yahan koi nahin, koi nahin aayega.

Well this thread degenerated fast from the intent. Peumatics and hydraulics is my line ,industrial though, so here goes .
I just read about the function of a respirator and its workings.
From the 50s it was a mechanical device and pressures were set manually, but mechanical items have a problem with fixed flow and response time. Suppose their was a blockage, the pressure would still be reached ,though flow would be reduced to the lungs. Not good for lungs.
In the 70s it seems flow control was started in place of fixed pressure.
So if a fixed flow was set, the pressure was not controlled. Which would result in overpressure incase the lungs had resistance for any reason and the flow was not controlled at end of cycle.
Now with microprocessor control , the flow at end of cycle can be tapered off. Also pressure transducers can now give actual lung pressure feedback and control input flow and pressure.
Now the design-
Simple design -
Most difficult is controlling pressures at this low pressure ratings of 20 mmwc.
Material required -
1. Oxygen supply - piped or cylinder.
2. Clean air supply
3. Flow control valves for both o2 and air
4. Pressure relief valves for both
5. Direction control valves for both
6. Exhaust valves
7. Tubing
8. Plc for switching cycle from inspiration to expiration.
It's not a complex equipment but it's a medical equipment.
Going back to fixed flows.

I propose pressure relief valves in place of pressure reducing valves.
Relief valves release over pressure, while reducing valves, reduce input pressures.

Last edited:
Life critical devices have to pass massive security checks and approvals , it is not a Honda civic you make a make shift part and install it

• This is not time for inventions
  • This is not time for experimentation
  • This is not time for high fives for University projects

This is time for , take the check book out , and order 5,000 ventilators from China
and 100,000 masks from China

Set up a emergency camp / Hospital outside the City , to collect patients outside the city zone and ensure the people are transported out to open areas

• Beds - 5,000 beds
  • Fans
  • AC
  • Electricity Supply
  • Water / Sanitation Supply

These are just logistical stuff can be done with man power

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom