What's new

M1A2 'Abrams' MBT gets ANOTHER upgrade | M1A2 SEP V4

No where to be seen in Ukraine for at least few thousand miles.

I believe that's a Canadian Leopard.

I don't think I have ever seen an Abrams covered in slat armor. Strykers definitely yes, Abrams not sure.

They did have that TUSK Urban survival kit but it's not really like the slat armor pictured above. The bars are for mounting armored plates not stopping a projectile.

Thanks for correcting me. Absolutely right on all counts. Not an armor nut myself. I was looking for pictures and thought the back looked like a late model Abrams.

Figures that not all IFVs and Tanks share slat armor, though it is by far rather cheap.

ok..not what i hear from crew that operated the Abrams in Iraq. Our Aussie friends suffer more frequent overhauls because they insist upon using diesel instead of jet fuel. the turbine affords superior acceleration and quiet mobility, in the early days the engine suffered compressor stalls that caused severe vibrations requiring depot intervention, But those issues are long resolved so not sure why you claim reliability issues?

Just hearsay from some people's personal opinions.

Last edited:
Apart from the much better power to wight ratio, the Honeywell AGT 1500 engine can run on a huge variety of fuels, Gasoline, avgas, avcat, diesel, marine fuel, vegetable oil. This is a useful property on the battlefield

No fuel source? Just stop by the next KFC and fill up.....I guess another name of vegetable oil is bio-diesel or biofuel.

I believe that's a Canadian Leopard.

I don't think I have ever seen an Abrams covered in slat armor. Strykers definitely yes, Abrams not sure.

They did have that TUSK Urban survival kit but it's not really like the slat armor pictured above. The bars are for mounting armored plates not stopping a projectile.
357px-Abrams%28rear%29_en.jpg

They tested it put I don't think it went into production.

i think its time to stop beating a dead horse. And they were mocking russia for upgrading old designs
I would imagine track proplems like the merkava and limited transport capability. Isnt practical
What is this nonsense lol, Merkava doesn't have any track problems, Russian tanks are way more maintenance heavy, that's why Russia can't keep up its fleet working

Israel's worst enemy is mud
Damn dude, individual cases of Merkavas getting stuck in mud any tank will be stuck at and an individual Merkava having a technical failure. Every tank has problems sometimes, Merkava is modular and very easy to maintain.

Arabs are coping so hard it's funny

Damn dude, individual cases of Merkavas getting stuck in mud any tank will be stuck at and an individual Merkava having a technical failure. Every tank has problems sometimes, Merkava is modular and very easy to maintain.

Arabs are coping so hard it's funny
be careful palestnians might throw mud instead of rocks in the upcoming years

It's almost as if 60 ton vehicles are prone to get stuck in heavy mud. Including your Abrams. Anyways, don't worry, there's no mud in the Israeli Egyptian border

It's almost as if 60 ton vehicles are prone to get stuck in heavy mud. Including your Abrams. Anyways, don't worry, there's no mud in the Israeli Egyptian border
except that both of these tanks are lighter than the merkava and both got out of the mud without any help or delay, and their tracks dont fall off due to excessive weight or fall off stationary tank transporters

except that both of these tanks are lighter than the merkava and both got out of the mud without any help or delay, and their tracks dont fall off due to excessive weight or fall off stationary tank transporters
Abrams isn't lighter than the Merkava lol

Here's a whole compilation of tanks getting stuck in mud.

Golan Height mud is heavy as ****, especially when it's not as watery as in other videos. And the terrain is extremely difficult. In fact the most difficult terrain a tank can face.

Merkava tracks don't fall off, the video you sent me is literally how tracks are being replaced. The driver did it too quick and broke a wheel.

Anyways, your subpar export Abrams have no chance against Merkavas, if they even get to face them

Abrams isn't lighter than the Merkava lol

Here's a whole compilation of tanks getting stuck in mud.

Golan Height mud is heavy as ****, especially when it's not as watery as in other videos. And the terrain is extremely difficult. In fact the most difficult terrain a tank can face.

Merkava tracks don't fall off, the video you sent me is literally how tracks are being replaced. The driver did it too quick and broke a wheel.

Anyways, your subpar export Abrams have no chance against Merkavas, if they even get to face them
except that all of these tanks got out with no exception. unlike the beloved merkava and its 2 tractors pulling it lol might as well make a mud barrier between gaza and the appartheid state, have an effective Barlev line this time lol

just type "merkavas stuck in mud" on google the results are just embarrassing to even look at lol. The merkava has a weight problem and the theory of engine can block APFSDS is flawed in todays world. And yes the m1a1 shown is 5 tons lighter isnt a huge margain although reliable tracks and a powerful engine is good enough. Atleast they dont fall off or their road wheels dont break. If it isnt an issue of the merkava then it is an issue with the entire armoured corps of the IDF.

except that all of these tanks got out with no exception. unlike the beloved merkava and its 2 tractors pulling it lol might as well make a mud barrier between gaza and the appartheid state, have an effective Barlev line this time lol
The 2 vehicles themselves got stuck lol, because the Golan heights mud is the worst.

Anyways, 1948+1956+1967+1973+40k Egyptians got killed by Israel+Sinai got captured twice by Israel+Egypt is a poor country+your people are of low intelligence

just type "merkavas stuck in mud" on google the results are just embarrassing to even look at lol. The merkava has a weight problem and the theory of engine can block APFSDS is flawed in todays world. And yes the m1a1 shown is 5 tons lighter isnt a huge margain although reliable tracks and a powerful engine is good enough. Atleast they dont fall off or their road wheels dont break. If it isnt an issue of the merkava then it is an issue with the entire armoured corps of the IDF.
Merkava has internal modular ERA
You are a low intelligence person. Some M1 Abrams variants go up to 80 tons by the way. "unreliable tracks" give me a break lol.

You talk shit about our tracks yet we destroyed 8 tanks of yours for every tank the Egyptian army destroyed

Back
Top Bottom