What's new

M1A2 'Abrams' MBT gets ANOTHER upgrade | M1A2 SEP V4

The 2 vehicles themselves got stuck lol, because the Golan heights mud is the worst.

Anyways, 1948+1956+1967+1973+40k Egyptians got killed by Israel+Sinai got captured twice by Israel+Egypt is a poor country+your people are of low intelligence
Egypt is stronger than Israel conventionally. Check the global firepower ranking.

Yeah it was also stronger than Israel conventionally in 1967. Same about 1973. Didn't stop it from losing.
Egypt did not lose in 1973? It was a stalemate. Buddy we are in 2022. You have to look at Israel's weaknesses. Israel is tiny size wise and has no strategic depth. Small population. Egypt could invade and occupy Israel conventionally.

also doesn’t the engine in front give the merkava a large heat signature, easy for enemy tanks or air to locate ?

Egypt did not lose in 1973? It was a stalemate. Buddy we are in 2022. You have to look at Israel's weaknesses. Israel is tiny size wise and has no strategic depth. Small population. Egypt could invade and occupy Israel conventionally.

I have studied this conflict and debated the 1973 war with a few on this forum I don't have much time to get into details but will state this, the Israeli's initially suffered a set back on the on-set of the war due to intelligence failure and during the conflict. However, things turned around as the conflict progressed holding its line and repelling the aggressors on both fronts. While the Egyptians occupied the East of Sinai, the Israeli's trapped the Egyptian Third Army and could have slaughtered the trapped 40,000 soldiers and equipment at will, and Israelis were approx. 50-60 miles from Cairo and on the Eastern Front with Israel taking Southern Golan Heights and still holding it till this day not to forget they were closing in on Damascus approx. 40 miles. Still the Egyptians didn't get Sinai back until the Camp David Peace Accords were signed.

Now, I will say this it wasn't all rosy for Israel they had short comings and their strategic depth and population is a down side for them and this was their concern if they take to many losses. But this was alleviated due to superior training of Israeli officers and soldiers, and the incompetence of Arab Armies in this conflict. Now let me say this other Arab countries provided additional 100,000+ soldiers and equipment (tanks, artillery, etc.) that sat on top of the Egyptian & Syrian forces, Iraq alone provided approx. 30,000 soldiers.

The bold part above is basically what caused Israel to settle for the Camp David Peace Accords in return for peace while handing back Sinai to Egypt. They essentially cut one front out and just have to focus on Syria, Lebanon and not worry about the Eunuch Jordanians.

The Arabs especially the Egyptians didn't create a commission to study this conflict as the Israeli's did with their Agranat Commission and we wonder why the Middle East and South Asians are behind in the learning curve in the Art of War.

Now don't think I'm blasting just the Arabs, but I will also say the Pakistani's if not are equally just as bad in training, tactics, strategy and implementation. Our recent actions last 2 decades in FATA and other area's shows the lack of proper planning; and the mindset as well.

Last edited:
I have studied this conflict and debated the 1973 war with a few on this forum I don't have much time to get into details but will state this, the Israeli's initially suffered a set back on the on-set of the war due to intelligence failure and during the conflict. However, things turned around as the conflict progressed holding its line and repelling the aggressors on both fronts. While the Egyptians occupied the East of Sinai, the Israeli's trapped the Egyptian Third Army and could have slaughtered the trapped 40,000 soldiers and equipment at will, and Israelis were approx. 50-60 miles from Cairo and on the Eastern Front with Israel taking Southern Golan Heights and still holding it till this day not to forget they were closing in on Damascus approx. 40 miles. Still the Egyptians didn't get Sinai back until the Camp David Peace Accords were signed.

Now, I will say this it wasn't all rosy for Israel they had short comings and their strategic depth and population is a down side for them and this was their concern if they take to many losses. But this was alleviated due to superior training of Israeli officers and soldiers, and the incompetence of Arab Armies in this conflict. Now let me say this other Arab countries provided additional 100,000+ soldiers and equipment (tanks, artillery, etc.) that sat on top of the Egyptian & Syrian forces, Iraq alone provided approx. 30,000 soldiers.

The bold part above is basically what caused Israel to settle for the Camp David Peace Accords in return for peace while handing back Sinai to Egypt. They essentially cut one front out and just have to focus on Syria, Lebanon and not worry about the Eunuch Jordanians.

The Arabs especially the Egyptians didn't create a commission to study this conflict as the Israeli's did with their Agranat Commission and we wonder why the Middle East and South Asians are behind in the learning curve in the Art of War.

Now don't think I'm blasting just the Arabs, but I will also say the Pakistani's if not are equally just as bad in training, tactics, strategy and implementation. Our recent actions last 2 decades in FATA and other area's shows the lack of proper planning; and the mindset as well.
Finally someone smart.

No one disputes Israel was caught with its pants down, in fact we all study about it as children, how we were in the state of euphoria since 1967 and didn't believe the Arabs would rebuild their air force in order to attack us for 10 or more years, and that the government of Israel didn't listen to intelligence calls warning of an imminent attack.

But that doesn't change the fact that Israel quickly gained pace. Trapping the Egyptian 3rd army is the most crucial part, the USSR threatened to join this war unless a peace treaty is signed because Israel could have completely erased the Egyptian 3rd army within days. The US forced us to comply. Israeli tanks on route to Cairo were stopped.

Sinai was given only 6 years after the war for peace, which is a good deal considering where Israel is today. Just 3 years later in 1982 Israel made short work of the similarly equipped Syrian air force, air defense and armor, Israel could have done the same to Egypt.

The 2 vehicles themselves got stuck lol, because the Golan heights mud is the worst.

Anyways, 1948+1956+1967+1973+40k Egyptians got killed by Israel+Sinai got captured twice by Israel+Egypt is a poor country+your people are of low intelligence

Merkava has internal modular ERA
You are a low intelligence person. Some M1 Abrams variants go up to 80 tons by the way. "unreliable tracks" give me a break lol.

You talk shit about our tracks yet we destroyed 8 tanks of yours for every tank the Egyptian army destroyed
keep talking it about. A false sense of superiorty leads to your enemy's success

syria having received more equipment and soliders than egypt did due to the failure to take the golan heights due to high command decisions. If this was the reason to give back the sinai then the same wouldve been done to syria which didnt happen. They knew the syrians wouldnt be able to defeat them, unlike the southern front which wouldve been overcommed by another attack. AND the lands gained by the Eyptians was held and the israelis retreated from the devrsoir. That gap did not accomplish anything but probganda with no victories whatsoever

The devrsoir gap was due to a political decision by Sadat which pushed forces out of the air defense umbrella to eleviate the pressure from the northern front requested by assad. Blah blah chinese farm, then battle of ismalia which the israelis suffered heavy losses outside the city and couldnt get close, Elite armoured and paratrooper battalions surrounded the 3rd army from the west bank of the canal these battalions were surrounded themselves and if they were pushed for another few battles wouldve been eliminated leaving the southern front naked but then a ceasefire took place. Theres studys and conferences, theyre in arabic and you never hear of them and this war has been studied excessively in military academies in egypt especially strategic command

refer to this thread where @War Eagle and SC proved the point

Last edited:
I believe that's a Canadian Leopard.

I don't think I have ever seen an Abrams covered in slat armor. Strykers definitely yes, Abrams not sure.

They did have that TUSK Urban survival kit but it's not really like the slat armor pictured above. The bars are for mounting armored plates not stopping a projectile.
We don't.......

We tend to avoid urban fight with tanks, APC or IFV have to go in so they have that slate armor. But they actually don't work anyway, it may work against PRG-7 tandem warhead, but it wouldn't do with HEAT or Shape Charge anyway.

syria having received more equipment and soliders than egypt did due to the failure to take the golan heights due to high command decisions. If this was the reason to give back the sinai then the same wouldve been done to syria which didnt happen. They knew the syrians wouldnt be able to defeat them, unlike the southern front which wouldve been overcommed by another attack. AND the lands gained by the Eyptians was held and the israelis retreated from the devrsoir. That gap did not accomplish anything but probganda with no victories whatsoever

The devrsoir gap was due to a political decision by Sadat which pushed forces out of the air defense umbrella to eleviate the pressure from the northern front requested by assad. Blah blah chinese farm, then battle of ismalia which the israelis suffered heavy losses outside the city and couldnt get close, Elite armoured and paratrooper battalions surrounded the 3rd army from the west bank of the canal these battalions were surrounded themselves and if they were pushed for another few battles wouldve been eliminated leaving the southern front naked but then a ceasefire took place. Theres studys and conferences, theyre in arabic and you never hear of them and this war has been studied excessively in military academies in egypt especially strategic command

refer to this thread where @War Eagle and SC proved the point
Sounds more like a ton of excuses for a defeat than victory for me lol

Sounds more like a ton of excuses for a defeat than victory for me lol
yeah because i only picked the downsides. Your commanders know exactly what happened, gotta love the depression they were going through
dont need to mention suez chinese farm ismailia ferdan and lots more

Last edited:
Abrams is a great tank

it has proven it self in combat

that is more what I can say for Russian equipment!

Back
Top Bottom