What's new

Made in India Vehicles

We had 2 Tata Indicas(NA-Naturally Aspirated Diesel). They are base models(DLE). Mileage they gave is Phenomenal and Value For Money. On Highways, Average of 22kmpl and in City Conditions above 18kmpl(W/O A/C). During a 70kms trip, I found the mileage is close to 25kmpl(Reserve to Reserve Method) . Passengers can also seat comfortably. Only Issue is Driving Indica is Not so Easy it resembles lot like driving a mini truck. :D

Upcoming Tata Safari
Tata-Safari-Merlin.jpg
new-safari-rear.jpg

India's new face as Asia's car industry hub

_53359633_cars.jpg

The Panama-registered M V Modern Peak steams into the newly commissioned Ennore Port, just north of Chennai on India's south-eastern coast.
It is a Korean freighter that has just arrived from Chittagong in Bangladesh, empty.
At the dock, rows of gleaming, brand new Nissan Micra cars are waiting to be loaded on board and shipped to Singapore.
"From there they'll go on to Lebanon, Israel and parts of north Africa," the ship's Korean captain says.
The cars may be a product of the Japanese giant auto maker but they are manufactured about 60kms away, at Nissan's Indian factory.
Less than a year old, the sprawling 600-acre plant is one of the company's largest worldwide.
At its high-tech assembly line, Indian workers work swiftly, putting together the latest models.
Nissan is among several major Asian companies that have set up manufacturing hubs in this area.
Rapidly growing market
A short drive down the congested highway, packed with large container trucks, and you'll pass the facilities of Hyundai, Samsung, Mitsubishi and myriad others.
"India is a rapidly growing market, so therefore it is very important for global auto manufacturers," says Nissan's managing director in India, Kiminobu Tokuyama.
But they are not just hoping to capture the local market.
They are also using India as a hub for products aimed at overseas markets.
"We are also exporting our products from India to Europe, Africa, Middle East and other places," Mr Tokyama says.
For years, it was the West that engaged with India.
The rest of Asia chose to ignore it - it was a country they did not really understand or want to do business with.
Now, because of its rapidly growing economy and increasing opportunities, India is home to sizeable numbers of Asians, especially Koreans and Japanese.
Chennai alone has close to 3,000 Koreans and Little Koreas are springing up in pockets around the city.
On a weekday evening, the brightly-lit In Seoul restaurant is packed to capacity.
Almost all patrons are Asian - though there are a few Europeans and the odd Indian - enjoying barbecued Korean meat with accompaniments.
Inside a private dining room, a large group of Koreans and Indians are seated around a table on the floor.
It is piled high with food and the alcohol is flowing.
KH Shin, who has lived in the city for eight years, is regaling them with his version of the latest Bollywood number and receives loud cheers for his efforts.
"It's not easy for us - the language, food and culture is so different from ours," he says.
"But we Koreans are trying hard to adjust. We also want to introduce Indians to our culture, food, language. That way, we can make new friends."
So apart from a few restaurants, Chennai has a couple of Korean supermarkets, a Korean church and cultural centres which offer Korean language, dance and Taekwondo classes.
Making profits
But it is not all one-way movement.
India may be known now as an information technology superpower but it has a long tradition of manufacturing.
Now they are using it to make inroads into the regional economy.
Sundram Fasteners is a 100-year-old Indian company making auto parts. It is a major supplier to global giants such as General Motors, Chrysler and Ford.
Six years ago they opened a factory in China.
"The whole idea was to develop the Chinese market. We are looking at China 25 years from now," says the company's chairman, Suresh Krishna.
"We knew initially there would be a lot of agony because people were not used to Indians coming and setting up a company.
"But it has paid off. In the last year or so we have begun making profits which is not what many other foreign companies are experiencing in China."
Since the 1990s the world has been beating a path to India but of late, its attention has turned east - there is a sense here that India's future is tied closely to Asia.
It is a powerful new relationship that could well determine the course of the global economy.

BBC News - India's new face as Asia's car industry hub

It's silly season re: new releases.

Therefore, yours truly thought of introducing nominal diversity in the thread. Here's a new thing from HMT India.

The blurb reads it's a tractor that can do upto 60 km on village roads. It's a 'to market' tractor ...

HMT
====

indien-lkw-traktor.jpg

I have otherwise thought that anyone who intro.'s a tractor, mini-truck, jeep, car or motorcycle or scooter coupled with an alternator to make electricity (bijlee), would make a killing. These vehicles need to have features like cell phone, battery and lamp chargers, even inverter chargers.

I'd think the Indian market would be ideal for electric tractors. Small farm sizes, small loads and dire lack of power; availability of spare hands and to-&-fro dual use for home use would make it an ideal product. Hybrid diesel - electrics would also be a hit, no?

Electric tractors have been around for nearly 50 yrs. in forklifts and airport aricraft towing use. Why this tech. is not applied to small farms ... anyways, whoever solves this niggling problem is the next $ Billionaire.

Same goes for Pak., Thai, Indonesia, Ukraine and all other small farm countries.

Tata Manza clocks an incredible mileage of 46.33 km per litre to join Limca book of records

cfcb0fd950c2a3a36dc682c5ce79558a

The Tata Manza (Quadrajet Aura ABS) has clocked an incredible mileage of 46.33 km per litre. This feat has been achieved by Narayanan Menon, a resident of Coimbatore who has zoomed into the Limca Book of Records.

Narayanan R Menon, Managing Director of Aromen Engineering Company and a proud owner of the Tata Manza has been certified for the remarkable drive on the Coimbatore- Avinashi by-pass on 25th of May 2011. Menon’s Tata Manza covered a long stretch of 72.3 kilometer on road by consuming only 1.58 liters of diesel, which translates to an incredible mileage of 46.33 km per litre.

A mechanical engineer, Menon himself does not credit an amazing mileage to a ‘magic foot’ rather a combination of good driving and car maintenance. For a country where fuel efficiency is a significant factor for automobile ownership and with fuel prices increasing, the feat certainly bodes well for the mileage conscious customer.

:cool:

HOLY F....K

CANT F...KING BELIEVE IT ........... DAMN MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Export it to Pakistan..... it will sell like hot cake among middle class ppl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! due to its price and mileage!!!

HOLY F....K

Export it to Pakistan..... it will sell like hot cake among middle class ppl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! due to its price and mileage!!!

In coming years , TATA and MAHINDRA will take over a a lot of market in growing countries if allowed to export...
I see a lot of future for these in South-Asia + ASEAN + South America+ African countries...

HOLY F....K

You are always welcome to open your market for our finished goods.

I don't know where else to post so here goes:

Full

I'm thinking of buying this car. It will be my first.

Model: Honda Civic (Saloon)
Year: 1999
Engine size: 1396
Miles: 125k
Fuel: Petrol

It's going for 800 euros right now. What do you guys think? Will this be a good first car? Any other suggestions?

800 euros means , ummmm..... 52,000 INR... OMG so cheap... I wish if Indian Govt allow to resale European preowned vehicle in India....

Here (in India) prices are sky rocket... I can't get 1999 model Bullet (two wheeler) in 800 euro... :cry:

:cheesy: "If allowed to export" ???

This Just In - Peugeot plans to set up unit in Tamil Nadu
The company plans to establish project with an initial capacity of 300,000 units per year.

In coming years , TATA and MAHINDRA will take over a a lot of market in growing countries if allowed to export...
I see a lot of future for these in South-Asia + ASEAN + South America+ African countries...

:hitwall: "If allowed to export" ???

Methinks, Tata going to be the new Toyota or the new-new Hyundai.
I look see Tata portfolio and she matches Toyota. Eg.

Toyota Etios/Yaris/Matrix etc. Vs. Tata Nano/Indica etc.
Toyota Corolla etc. Vs. Tata Indigo/Cliffrider etc.
Toyota Hi-Lux Pick-Up Vs. Tata Xenon
Toyota HiAce Vs. Tata Ace
Toyota SUV's Vs. Tata SUV's

etc. etc. Tata matches Toyota category by category. However, some Tata prices points can wipe Toyota out of the market in individual segments. Tata Nano, Tata Ace are just unbeatable, perhaps not even by China. Sorry, methinks even Pakistan, Indonesia, Nigeria, Kenya or Bangladesh which would naturally be the next cheapest Tata competitors are nowhere near the map. The Turks, Russkies, Brazilians or S. Africans can't be bothered; their GDP and price points are much, much higher than the desi market.

Mahindra will follow Tata. Mahindra's are rich. Just their factory land in Bombay is worth $ Billions, no sh*t. Their software Co. is India's next software big gun. Biggest and profitable tractor producer in the world. Also making a killing in real estate.

If the Tata's are the Rockefeller's of India, the Mahindra's have come up nicely as well.

This Just In - Peugeot plans to set up unit in Tamil Nadu
The company plans to establish project with an initial capacity of 300,000 units per year.

That's a lot of Peugeot's.

800 euros means , ummmm..... 52,000 INR... OMG so cheap... I wish if Indian Govt allow to resale European preowned vehicle in India....

Here (in India) prices are sky rocket... I can't get 1999 model Bullet (two wheeler) in 800 euro... :cry:

It's only because that was a private sale. A '99 usually costs around 1500 euros. Anyway I decided not to go for that one, too many miles on it already.

Back
Top Bottom