What's new

Made in Iran

Maragheh observatory:

800 year old observatory used by Iranian polymath
Nasir el-Din al-Tusi. it was considered the greatest observatory of it's age, even astronomer as far as china came here to study.

2.JPG

hamesho khondi? man nemittonam khoon bekhoonam, chi shood?
fekr koonam kanselesh kardan.
well it seens they started the project since 2008.

It seems Iran did a good job although she is sanctioned. I saw a lot of stuffs in the thread. But, something caught up my eyes and I checked the Iran`s export goods and I saw this:

Exports: $84.31 billion (2010 est.)
Export goods: petroleum (80%), chemical and petrochemical products (4%), fruits and nuts (2%), cars (2%), carpets (1%), and technical services.
Economy of Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So basically my question is if Iran is really advanced and capable of a lot of things then why her economy heavily (84%) depends on petroleum and petrochemical products?

I meant no trolling or disrespect. I asked nicely and o please answer my question like the way I asked.

It seems Iran did a good job although she is sanctioned. I saw a lot of stuffs in the thread. But, something caught up my eyes and I checked the Iran`s export goods and I saw this:

Exports: $84.31 billion (2010 est.)
Export goods: petroleum (80%), chemical and petrochemical products (4%), fruits and nuts (2%), cars (2%), carpets (1%), and technical services.
Economy of Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So basically my question is if Iran is really advanced and capable of a lot of things then why her economy heavily (84%) depends on petroleum and petrochemical products?

I meant no trolling or disrespect. I asked nicely and o please answer my question like the way I asked.
do you know what GDP means?
Exports-imports= GDP
the less you import the more you gain money...
due to sanctions we can export our products so we improve our economy by reducing imports...
and after all that diagram you have seen is not valid at all.

let me tell you a good example:
Iran khodro produce 300000 cars every year.but they just exported 1000 or 2000 od them!
but they indirectley have prvented importing 298000 cars.so they have helped IRAN's GDP.
the same with all industries in IRAN.now imagine if there was no sanction on us!

also thanks for no trolling.that was a good question!

do you know what GDP means?
Exports-imports= GDP
the less you import the more you gain money...
due to sanctions we can export our products so we improve our economy by reducing imports...
and after all that diagram you have seen is not valid at all.
Exports-imports= GDP..............you are wrong....:no:
GDP (Y) is a sum of Consumption (C), Investment (I), Government Spending (G) and Net Exports (X – M).
Y = C + I + G + (X − M)
where
G (government spending) is the sum of government expenditures on final goods and services. It includes salaries of public servants, purchase of weapons for the military, and any investment expenditure by a government. It does not include any transfer payments, such as social security or unemployment benefits.
X (exports) represents gross exports. GDP captures the amount a country produces, including goods and services produced for other nations' consumption, therefore exports are added.
M (imports) represents gross imports. Imports are subtracted since imported goods will be included in the terms G, I, or C, and must be deducted to avoid counting foreign supply as domestic.
A fully equivalent definition is that GDP (Y) is the sum of final consumption expenditure (FCE), gross capital formation (GCF), and net exports (X – M).
Y = FCE + GCF+ (X − M)

@Kollang;

I know what GDP means very well. My question was clear and you are changing the subject. I am not asking your GDP or your import. What I am curios and asking is that since you posted a lot of stuffs and you claim you are advanced on making those stuffs, then why your economy depends on petroleum and petrochemical products?

I checked also the other sources they are saying same thing. They are saying same
CIA-The Wolrd Factbook says exports goods are petroleum 80%, chemical and petrochemical products, fruits and nuts, carpets
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ir.html

So could you please answer my question?

p.s: As I said I do not mean to argue or start a flame war.

Exports-imports= GDP..............you are wrong....:no:
GDP (Y) is a sum of Consumption (C), Investment (I), Government Spending (G) and Net Exports (X – M).
Y = C + I + G + (X − M)
where
G (government spending) is the sum of government expenditures on final goods and services. It includes salaries of public servants, purchase of weapons for the military, and any investment expenditure by a government. It does not include any transfer payments, such as social security or unemployment benefits.
X (exports) represents gross exports. GDP captures the amount a country produces, including goods and services produced for other nations' consumption, therefore exports are added.
M (imports) represents gross imports. Imports are subtracted since imported goods will be included in the terms G, I, or C, and must be deducted to avoid counting foreign supply as domestic.
A fully equivalent definition is that GDP (Y) is the sum of final consumption expenditure (FCE), gross capital formation (GCF), and net exports (X – M).
Y = FCE + GCF+ (X − M)
thanks for information brother.
any way reducing import is a way for improving GDP of a country.am i right?

@Kollang;

I know what GDP means very well. My question was clear and you are changing the subject. I am not asking your GDP or your import. What I am curios and asking is that since you posted a lot of stuffs and you claim you are advanced on making those stuffs, then why your economy depends on petroleum and petrochemical products?

I checked also the other sources they are saying same thing. They are saying same
CIA-The Wolrd Factbook says exports goods are petroleum 80%, chemical and petrochemical products, fruits and nuts, carpets
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ir.html

So could you please answer my question?

p.s: As I said I do not mean to argue or start a flame war.
you didnt get my point.
the point is we dont export these products.we keep them here!i think it cant be more clear!

I got your point but it seems you did not get my point. Producing a product (for example your car) helps the economy in two ways first it helps people`s demands and you can meet those demands so that you do not import any cars. By doing that, you keep your money in your country and you help you GDP. And second you make a car and than you EXPORT it and exporting the cars improve your exports rate and economy. By doing that you get money from other countries and will also help your GDP. So you basically said that you did not export those products in order to meet domestic demands. This is one benefits of the products. What about the benefits of exporting the products you make?

So I am gonna guess why you do not export those products:

1- The products you produce are strategically important and you do not export

my answer: Almost everything int this thread can be exported. So this cannot be the reason

2- There is no demand for such products you make in the world and you do not export

my answer: The population increases and the life quality gets better in the world and there are a lot of conflicts. Therefore, there are demands such products you produce in the world. So this can`t be the reason as well

3- The products you are making are so expansive and that is why you cannot export them

my answer: As far as I have seen the products you are selling is not expensive at all (for example I saw somewhere in the thread, the price of your car is $10.000-20.000) This price is cheaper than a lot of cars of other companies. So this can`t be the reason too

4- The last reason I can come up with is that the quality of your products are not good enough in the world market and cannot compete with other countries products. Thus, you don`t sell and export the products.

my answer: Yes this can be the reason why you do not export the products you make.

These are the reasons I could come up with you do not export the products you produce. If I am wrong, please correct me.

I am repeating my question again if Iran is really advanced and capable of a lot of things then why her economy heavily (84%) depends on petroleum and petrochemical products?

I got your point but it seems you did not get my point. Producing a product (for example your car) helps the economy in two ways first it helps people`s demands and you can meet those demands so that you do not import any cars. By doing that, you keep your money in your country and you help you GDP. And second you make a car and than you EXPORT it and exporting the cars improve your exports rate and economy. By doing that you get money from other countries and will also help your GDP. So you basically said that you did not export those products in order to meet domestic demands. This is one benefits of the products. What about the benefits of exporting the products you make?

my answer: Almost everything int this thread can be exported. So this cannot be the reason

2- There is no demand for such products you make in the world and you do not export

my answer: The population increases and the life quality gets better in the world and there are a lot of conflicts. Therefore, there are demands such products you produce in the world. So this can`t be the reason as well

3- The products you are making are so expansive and that is why you cannot export them

my answer: As far as I have seen the products you are selling is not expensive at all (for example I saw somewhere in the thread, the price of your car is $10.000-20.000) This price is cheaper than a lot of cars of other companies. So this can`t be the reason too

4- The last reason I can come up with is that the quality of your products are not good enough in the world market and cannot compete with other countries products. Thus, you don`t sell and export the products.

my answer: Yes this can be the reason why you do not export the products you make.

These are the reasons I could come up with you do not export the products you produce. If I am wrong, please correct me.

I am repeating my question again if Iran is really advanced and capable of a lot of things then why her economy heavily (84%) depends on petroleum and petrochemical products?
let me go a little off topic
Iran ranks 16 in science and technology which again shows Iran is a advanced a country.
Iran has the fastest science growth in world
Iran will be in top 5 countries as being advanced by 2020

i have two answers for your question
first:the most important answer is the sanctions and politics.as you know we do export our cars just to syria,iraq,russi ( our friends).selling these products with a large number to some countries like pakistan,turkey,india,EU,other ME countries is inaccessible for Iran.

second:the validity of Iranian industry.(for example)imagine you live in argantina and you wanne buy a LED TV.so you go to a shop.then you watch three LED TV(with the same quality)from Iran,Japan,Turkey.
what will be your selection???

Earth to commander, American and European sanctions don't let us export to the developed world. We're already exporting everything to the Middle East and some Central Asian countries. Heck, Irankhodro (Iran's largest car company) has a factory in Venezuela and Belarus. SAIPA (second largest car company) has a factory in an African country (I think Sudan). We're cut off from Europe and the US (Belarus is an exception b/c of their policy towards IRan and their exclusion from the EU).

Although the sanctions do not directly name products, the EU and American led sanctions on our banks and shipping companies, as well as the restrictions put on Western companies when doing business with Iran, have practically caused an embargo.

So even though we make every appliance on earth or even most machineries available in the world market, we can't compete in the world. Nobody wants to touch an Iranian company with a 10 meter pole thanks to the sanctions. Doing business with an Iranian company means you won't be able to do business in the US and most EU countries and no company would take that chance. Exporting stuff means collaberating with many entities, from logistic companies to foreign companies, distribution centers, governments etc...

let me go a little off topic
Iran ranks 16 in science and technology which again shows Iran is a advanced a country.

I do not know where you got this information (probably from Wikipedia) but this is not correct. According to Science Metrix Report Iran ranks 34 in science in the world and according to SJR- International Science Ranking Iran ranks 31 in the world.

internationalscienceran.jpg

internationalscienceran.jpg

SJR - International Science Ranking
http://www.science-metrix.com/30years/index.html#

Iran has the fastest science growth in world

Yes you might have the fastest science growth RATE in the world but it does not mean you are advanced country in the world. It means you improve your science comparing the previous years. But you are still far behind the other advanced countries. Here is the another chart about (orange one shows Iran)

30 Years in Science- Interactive Trend Explorer
30yearsinscienceinterac.jpg

http://www.science-metrix.com/30years/index.html#

Iran will be in top 5 countries as being advanced by 2020

This one is almost impossible. Please be realistic you rank 34 and 31 in science and you are under sanctions. In addition, you do not spend enough money for R&D (You spend only 0.79% of your GDP). How are you gonna be in the top 5 countries the world? Here is the another info about R&D

53826885.jpg

Science and Engineering Indicators 2012 Table 4-19. International comparisons of gross domestic expenditures on R&D and R&D share of gross domestic product, by region and selected country/economy: 2009 or most recent year

IMO, you are just deceiving yourself, exaggerating your capability and doing propaganda. As I said you did a good job for a country who are under sanctions, but do not try to exaggerate yourself and fool others

i have two answers for your question
first:the most important answer is the sanctions and politics.as you know we do export our cars just to syria,iraq,russi ( our friends).selling these products with a large number to some countries like pakistan,turkey,india,EU,other ME countries is inaccessible for Iran.

Come on, look at location of your country. You can export China, Middle Asian Countries, Africa, even South American countries and India too (why is India is not accessible for Iran?). Almost 2/3 of the world you can export. So this is not an excuse. And I know Turkiye is not inaccessible to Iran as well.

second:the validity of Iranian industry.(for example)imagine you live in argantina and you wanne buy a LED TV.so you go to a shop.then you watch three LED TV(with the same quality)from Iran,Japan,Turkey. what will be your selection???

Yeah you got my point. Your product is not enough good to compete with their rivals in the world. That is what I was trying to say. However, when some Iranians pretend that as if your products are one of the best. Maybe you should say the products we make are enough for us although their quality is not as good as their rivals.

As a result, you are doing good for a country who is under sanctions. However, do not exaggerate your capability and be realistic. I suggest your some fellows to stop walking on the clouds and start walking on the ground. Anyway good luck.

commander, you're on a roll with talking out of your behind.
Spend seconds longer on the stuff you're going to post and don't manipulate the data to fit your cause.

I'm going to look at your own source, SJR.

Iran was ranked 19th in 2010 and it climbed 2 places in 2011. SJR's website doesn't have the data for 2011 yet, so we'll go with 2010 for now.

2nqve9z.jpg

SJR - International Science Ranking

Iran passed Turkey last year. Turkey is now either 1 or 2 places behind Iran. The update will come soon so stay tuned. If you have a SCOPUS account, you can login and see the 2011 table now.

Back
Top Bottom